New UConn Assistant Coach Morgan Valley | The Boneyard

New UConn Assistant Coach Morgan Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think she will be excellent in player development, but have no idea about recruiting. I’m guessing not good. I know the players come for Geno anyways so I hope I’m wrong.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know that second guessing has a long tradition here on the BY. But do we really want to second guess the hiring of an AC with a strong resume, a firm understanding of what it takes to succeed at UConn and the benefit of having been guided and mentored throughout her career by Geno & CD.

This is one of those decisions that we have to defer to the wisdom and judgment of the two HOF coaches who run the most successful program in the history of WBB.

Reaction Score
WHY would you say this is a poor decision ? She brings plenty of experience at programs all across the country . I hope that brings with it relationships in a variety of recruiting venues. I have not heard any "bad apple" , didn't fit our program/ culture comments in any prior spots. Did I just miss them ? I fear some base reactions are merely it is not an exotic or different pick. It is becoming more apparent our "not good enough " mindset has continued to escalate. Final fours are a failure for instance. I suspect that increasingly common reaction is looked at by other fan bases, programs and potential recruits as ludicrous and childish. I am glad you committed to saying it only once because it is a narrative worth losing quickly and completely.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A tip o‘ the turban to all of you "omniscient" Boneyard prognosticators that called this hire. ? Let's not forget that this was Geno's call. HE hired a person that he and his staff wanted to work with, not a person WE wanted them to work with. Geno and CD know her much better than we do, and are no doubt delighted to bring her on board.

All we know about her is what we read in the newspapers (Will Rogers). They know her personally. They know what she brings to the table. They’ve known her for years on a close personal level most of us never will. The question here is should Geno have hired a person HE wants, or a person some fans want? ? The answer to that question is obvious.

Geno hired a "good" person. If he’s happy, I’m happy!! Welcome back to Storrs Morgan Valley. We know you'll do a wonderful job! ;)

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno once said “I don’t hire good coaches, I hire good people. If they turn out to be good coaches too, that’s a plus.”

Geno hired a really good person who is passionate and hard-working. The players will love her. She’ll be a good coach too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom