New transfer thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
Kenzie Forbes from "my" Cal Bears a 6'0" wing ranked #35 by ESPN for the c/o 2018 has entered the transfer portal. Averaged 5.3 ppg in 17 mpg as a frosh. Very skilled and versatile. Strong, but a bit slow.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

At this point, even I am starting to wonder what the heck is going on at Notre Dame.

I did notice that while all the players were posting pics together on instagram this weekend, Nixon was nowhere to be seen.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
View attachment 44109

At this point, even I am starting to wonder what the heck is going on at Notre Dame.

I did notice that while all the players were posting pics together on instagram this weekend, Nixon was nowhere to be seen.
Eh, it's not a huge loss. You gained two and lost two.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
View attachment 44109

This is really surprising news. Why now as opposed to the end of the spring semester? It can't be the presence of Sniezek. Nixon played well enough at the USA trials to make the U19 team.

Reaction Score
View attachment 44109

I think it is just the world we live in today. It would not surprise me to see anyone from any school wanting transfer at any time anymore.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This is really surprising news. Why now as opposed to the end of the spring semester? It can't be the presence of Sniezek. Nixon played well enough at the USA trials to make the U19 team.

Yeah, that's what's weird to me. It seems like she was on board for next season and she was even travelling with Mikayla Vaughn. Now, she's wiped any mention of ND from her instagram and is in the portal.

On further investigation, all pics of Jordan appear to have been removed from Vaughn's instagram, too...

The more I think about it, the more I feel like something happened between the end of the season and now.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Eh, it's not a huge loss. You gained two and lost two.

Disagree. Patterson had 2 years of eligibility left and Nixon 3. Both were positioned to play a lot of minutes for ND in the upcoming season. Nixon played well enough at the USA trials to make the U19 team. As of now, ND is bringing in 2 grad transfers, one who hasn't really played in 2 years and the other didn't play last year and is offensively challenged to put it mildly. I don't think of this as a wash.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Disagree. Patterson had 2 years of eligibility left and Nixon 3. Both were positioned to play a lot of minutes for ND in the upcoming season. Nixon played well enough at the USA trials to make the U19 team. As of now, ND is bringing in 2 grad transfers, one who hasn't really played in 2 years and the other didn't play last year and is offensively challenged to put it mildly. I don't think of this as a wash.
I was trying to take the sting out of it for our ND friend. I didn't mean to imply it was a wash.

As another poster commented, this might just be what Muffet needs to clear the runway for better recruits in 2020. Won't help her for this next season, but maybe for better reloading beyond that.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think Nixon was lined up to be the starting point guard next year. ND does have plenty of options there. Sniezek, obviously. Peoples and Gilbert were going to be 2s, but could move over.

But yeah, Nixon was going to have a big role. Puts ND back to 9 scholarship players. That includes two grad transfers and Katie Cole, the senior walk-on who has finally put on scholarship this offseason.

It's a little worrisome. ND needs to get some serious work done in the 2020 recruiting class.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Nixon was lined up to be the starting point guard next year. ND does have plenty of options there. Sniezek, obviously. Peoples and Gilbert were going to be 2s, but could move over.

But yeah, Nixon was going to have a big role. Puts ND back to 9 scholarship players. That includes two grad transfers and Katie Cole, the senior walk-on who has finally put on scholarship this offseason.

It's a little worrisome. ND needs to get some serious work done in the 2020 recruiting class.
Maybe Muffet's decided to de-emphasize having a true PG, seeing how she couldn't win a NC in eight years of Diggins and Allen and then suddenly broke through with no PG.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was trying to take the sting out of it for our ND friend. I didn't mean to imply it was a wash.

As another poster commented, this might just be what Muffet needs to clear the runway for better recruits in 2020. Won't help her for this next season, but maybe for better reloading beyond that.

Got it.

Surely Nixon has known for a while that ND is recruiting both Kelly and Clark for 2020 and was also recruiting Bueckers before she committed to UConn. That's what prompted my question: Why now in the middle of the summer session?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Maybe Muffet's decided to de-emphasize having a true PG, seeing how she couldn't win a NC in eight years of Diggins and Allen and then suddenly broke through with no PG.
When they say you're not a point guard

(Jackie Young also did a lot of ballhandling/playmaking, but I would say that Marina while not naturally a PG definitely assumed a true PG role. If anything, it proves that Muffet will convert a wing into a PG if need be, but there will always be someone with primary PG responsibilities)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Got it.

Surely Nixon has known for a while that ND is recruiting both Kelly and Clark for 2020 and was also recruiting Bueckers before she committed to UConn. That's what prompted my question: Why now in the middle of the summer session?
As with most transfer decisions, it's virtually impossible to know. Maybe she had a sudden falling out with her teammates or coaches? Maybe she needed time to process her thoughts and options? Maybe she's only recently felt the lure of a different program or different teammates?

While it's unusual for a transfer announcement to come this late, it's not unheard of either. Akira Levy announced her departure from Mizzou in early June and explained in interviews that she simply took her time talking about it with family and weighing options etc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As with most transfer decisions, it's virtually impossible to know. Maybe she had a sudden falling out with her teammates or coaches? Maybe she needed time to process her thoughts and options? Maybe she's only recently felt the lure of a different program or different teammates?

While it's unusual for a transfer announcement to come this late, it's not unheard of either. Akira Levy announced her departure from Mizzou in early June and explained in interviews that she simply took her time talking about it with family and weighing options etc.

True, but Levy tore her acl late last season and wouldn't be playing in the upcoming season anyway. Nixon was poised to be ND's starting point guard ND next season. She returned to school for the summer session and now this. The circumstances and timing suggest very recent developments prompted this.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
View attachment 44109

Well if she likes BBQ, Sweet Tea, and milder weather..... send her our way

Plebe

Reaction Score

Don't forget about Prohaska!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Don't forget about Prohaska!

I couldn't forget about Abby! I just don't think she plays into the PG/ballhandler equation.

I think she's a 3.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say it this way. IMO the reason Nixon and Patterson are not at ND this season is simple. The didnt play for ND last season and theyre not playing for ND this season. Another reason why Prince imo will end up at UCONN.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This aint the thread for it..... but we will have to have a conversation :mad: Unless you are a vegan or vegetarian :oops:

Not a vegan. Not a vegetarian.

I’ll gladly take this outside. *rolls up sleeves*

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Article by Anthony Anderson of the South Bend Tribune who covers ND Women's Basketball. Not much new about the Jordan Nixon situation, but I've cut and pasted how this impacts the current ND roster.
Notre Dame point guard Nixon to transfer

"(Jordan) Nixon’s departure leaves the Irish with just nine scholarship players, though with six guards still among them.

"Those guards include incoming freshman Anaya Peoples, who besides being the overall No. 18-rated prospect in her class by ESPN is also ranked No. 4 among point guards.

"ND also has brought aboard a pair of graduate transfers at guard in Destinee Walker and Marta Snizek, both renowned for defense.

"Returning guards include sophomores-to-be Abby Prohaska and Katlyn Gilbert, who is coming off shoulder surgery, and senior, Kaitlin Cole, a former walk-on who is coming off knee surgery and entering her senior season.

"Listed as frontcourt players for the Irish are just junior center Mikayla Vaughn, sophomore Danielle Cosgrove and freshman Samantha Brunelle, who arrives as the overall No. 6-rated prospect in her class by ESPN.

"Brunelle and Cosgrove, though listed as forwards, are generally considered wings, with outside shots being part of their arsenals."

A few points (of mine) to add:

- Sniezek is a point guard and was more of a pass-first one on offense while at Stanford.
- One would guess Anaya Peoples or Katlyn Gilbert, who has also manned the point for her HS and AAU teams, would back up/work with Sniezek at the point. When talking with Anderson about Peoples after she signed, MM stressed Peoples would be playing other guard positions (she's awfully good inside), but changing situations dictate different approaches, no?
- Currently, the scholarship situation for 2020-21 adds another post/forward (Nat Marshall) and a guard wing (Alli Campbell), minus PG Sniezek, for a (current) total of 10. Hopefully, those 10 will stay steady and be augmented by other prospects.
- Back to 2019-20, if she's ready and able, would not be surprised if manager-turned walk-on guard Nicole Benz is once again asked to put the sneakers on to bring roster size to ten. (She was the third of the walk-ons to join the the NC team, who also played last year.)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Article by Anthony Anderson of the South Bend Tribune who covers ND Women's Basketball. Not much new about the Jordan Nixon situation, but I've cut and pasted how this impacts the current ND roster.
Notre Dame point guard Nixon to transfer

"(Jordan) Nixon’s departure leaves the Irish with just nine scholarship players, though with six guards still among them.

"Those guards include incoming freshman Anaya Peoples, who besides being the overall No. 18-rated prospect in her class by ESPN is also ranked No. 4 among point guards.

"ND also has brought aboard a pair of graduate transfers at guard in Destinee Walker and Marta Snizek, both renowned for defense.

"Returning guards include sophomores-to-be Abby Prohaska and Katlyn Gilbert, who is coming off shoulder surgery, and senior, Kaitlin Cole, a former walk-on who is coming off knee surgery and entering her senior season.

"Listed as frontcourt players for the Irish are just junior center Mikayla Vaughn, sophomore Danielle Cosgrove and freshman Samantha Brunelle, who arrives as the overall No. 6-rated prospect in her class by ESPN.

"Brunelle and Cosgrove, though listed as forwards, are generally considered wings, with outside shots being part of their arsenals."

A few points (of mine) to add:

- Sniezek is a point guard and was more of a pass-first one on offense while at Stanford.
- One would guess Anaya Peoples or Katlyn Gilbert, who has also manned the point for her HS and AAU teams, would back up/work with Sniezek at the point. When talking with Anderson about Peoples after she signed, MM stressed Peoples would be playing other guard positions (she's awfully good inside), but changing situations dictate different approaches, no?
- Currently, the scholarship situation for 2020-21 adds another post/forward (Nat Marshall) and a guard wing (Alli Campbell), minus PG Sniezek, for a (current) total of 10. Hopefully, those 10 will stay steady and be augmented by other prospects.
- Back to 2019-20, if she's ready and able, would not be surprised if manager-turned walk-on guard Nicole Benz is once again asked to put the sneakers on to bring roster size to ten. (She was the third of the walk-ons to join the the NC team, who also played last year.)
So here’s a question. It’s rumored that ND WBB has an overnight visitor on campus tomorrow and Friday. It is my understanding that Sedona Prince played on McD AA and/or USA basketball teams with Nixon, Prohaska & Peoples.

I would have expected that since Peoples has only been on campus for a few weeks, either Nixon or Prohaska would have been Sedona’s designated host, much as Christyn & Liv hosted Sedona when she visited Storrs. Is it possible that Sedona expected to be staying with Nixon this week only to learn yesterday of a change in plans?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom