New transfer thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Raul's list of Transfers, updated as players pick their new schools. Perhaps this link can be tagged so those interesting in Xfr's will have ready access to it.

Reaction Score
Raul's list of Transfers, updated as players pick their new schools. Perhaps this link can be tagged so those interesting in Xfr's will have ready access to it.

Quite the list of transfers from each school, 4 teams caught my attention, all four with a minimum of 6 transfers (Southern Cal, 3 to grad xfer) to as high as 9 transfers (Indiana State, 1 grad xfer). The other two schools Eastern Kentucky and Texas Tech (see attached screen capture). Anyone with any knowledge as to why these four are excessively high transfers?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tennessee’s signs JUCO post from NFJC: Player spotlight: Jaiden McCoy
Interesting coincidence that coming out of HS in 2016 she was signed to play for none other than Tyler Summitt at LA Tech. When Summitt was let go at LA Tech, McCoy was released from her scholarship and ended up at VA Tech. Not sure exactly what happened with the Hokies, but her next stop was the JC in FL. Let’s hope it works out for her at TN.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

Almost certain to be a transfer or new recruit or two announced tomorrow in Starkville.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Vic plans to find PT for 4 BIGs, who will all overlap by at least 2 years. Baylor had a similar situation a few years back.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Vic plans to find PT for 4 BIGs, who will all overlap by at least 2 years. Baylor had a similar situation a few years back.
Things just got very crowded on the front line. As it stands now the front court players by position in a couple of years will be (listed in alphabetical order):
C- Yemiyah Morris 6-6, Promise Taylor 6-5
PF- Jessika Carter 6-5, Sidney Cooks 6-4
SF- Chloe Bibby 6-1, Rickea Jackson 6-3
Other than Jackson all are good sized athletes. Of course by her sophomore year Jackson will have been in the weight program for over a year.

Reaction Score

I have been wondering this myself. I'm kind of worried about Promise because of her foot injury. He said she will be out "an extended period of time."

Reaction Score

Maybe he can trade a couple of his bigs for a couple of our guards, since we apparently have the opposite problem of finding PT for all our guards. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have been wondering this myself. I'm kind of worried about Promise because of her foot injury. He said she will be out "an extended period of time."
While I assume that Cooks will likely redshirt for a year, she is also dealing with health issues, coming off a season where she battled Achilles tendinitis all year, curtailing her PT.

Reaction Score
While I assume that Cooks will likely redshirt for a year, she is also dealing with health issues, coming off a season where she battled Achilles tendinitis all year, curtailing her PT.
Yes, according to her interview she said she is likely redshirting this year. I wonder if a waiver will even be submitted.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

That's true, but she delivered two fine games in the NCAA regional against Central Michigan (a win) and Notre Dame (a loss). I watched both games and she scored, rebounded and moved well. When she first announced her transfer, I thought ND and Ms. Cooks might have an interest. but apparently nothing went past went first base (if even that).

;)
Good luck to all involved.

p.s. Small trivial note, if she uses initials for school affiliation, "MSU" will work for her at her new team, althogh she can change the colors!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's true, but she delivered two fine games in the NCAA regional against Central Michigan (a win) and Notre Dame (a loss). I watched both games and she scored, rebounded and moved well. When she first announced her transfer, I thought ND and Ms. Cooks might have an interest. but apparently nothing went past went first base (if even that).

;)
Good luck to all involved.

p.s. Small trivial note, if she uses initials for school affiliation, "MSU" will work for her at her new team, althogh she can change the colors!
Yes, Cooks was exceptional in the Big Dance. My concern, which I expressed earlier when many BY’ers, myself included, were coveting her as a future Husky, was the potential chronic nature of her Achilles condition, particularly in light of Stewie’s recent injury.

Reaction Score
Does state still have room for Minyon Moore?

If not M Taylor will need to make a dramatic jump offensively and with her decision making. Her defense is good though.

Reaction Score
Things just got very crowded on the front line. As it stands now the front court players by position in a couple of years will be (listed in alphabetical order):
C- Yemiyah Morris 6-6, Promise Taylor 6-5
PF- Jessika Carter 6-5, Sidney Cooks 6-4
SF- Chloe Bibby 6-1, Rickea Jackson 6-3
Other than Jackson all are good sized athletes. Of course by her sophomore year Jackson will have been in the weight program for over a year.
Interesting you left AEH off the SF list....she is the one they brought on for Bibby this year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
WBB’s version of musical chairs continues as UNC pg Stephanie Watts announces her intention to attend USC where it was recently announced that Minyon Moore, this past season’s pg was transferring.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
WBB’s version of musical chairs continues as UNC pg Stephanie Watts announces her intention to attend USC where it was recently announced that Minyon Moore, this past season’s pg was transferring.

Watts is a much of a pg as I am a vegetarian :rolleyes: She's a fine player though... I expect her to average around 20pts a game next season. Plenty of shots are available... and she likes to take shots.

Reaction Score
She will play more SG with Danberry gone.
I'm not sure she has the speed or handle to play SG. I think she needs to be on the wing to be effective at the college level.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure she has the speed or handle to play SG. I think she needs to be on the wing to be effective at the college level.
I still think she is their best candidate to start there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom