New transfer thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
Interesting you left AEH off the SF list....she is the one they brought on for Bibby this year.
It was a quick list with the players that were closer to being posts and forwards than guards. I probably should have listed as such. However there is also a logjam at the wing with A Espinoza-Hunter, B Scott, X Wiggins N Tate and E Martinez all more suited for that type role. I also agree with you regarding Espinoza-Hunter. Based on previous years Hemingway, Mingo-Young, Matharu and M Taylor are more like his traditional guards.
Ultimately he is going to play the players he trusts the most to play defense and not turn over the ball. He also doesn’t necessarily always play the most talented ones either. Last year he complained that he never found a player that could consistently set a screen. Evidently he has certain things he feels he needs and plugs in the ones that best suit what he wants to do. I’ve noticed over the last couple of years there is one player each year that will consistently play more minutes than anyone and it hasn’t been the most talented individual. Right now I’d say Bibby is the only returning player that has his complete trust.

Reaction Score
It was a quick list with the players that were closer to being posts and forwards than guards. I probably should have listed as such. However there is also a logjam at the wing with A Espinoza-Hunter, B Scott, X Wiggins N Tate and E Martinez all more suited for that type role. I also agree with you regarding Espinoza-Hunter. Based on previous years Hemingway, Mingo-Young, Matharu and M Taylor are more like his traditional guards.
Ultimately he is going to play the players he trusts the most to play defense and not turn over the ball. He also doesn’t necessarily always play the most talented ones either. Last year he complained that he never found a player that could consistently set a screen. Evidently he has certain things he feels he needs and plugs in the ones that best suit what he wants to do. I’ve noticed over the last couple of years there is one player each year that will consistently play more minutes than anyone and it hasn’t been the most talented individual. Right now I’d say Bibby is the only returning player that has his complete trust.
I completely agree with you and my AEH comment was more needling than anything else because I think she gets over hyped on this board quite often. I believe her handle and defense are suspect and I think Vic can only depend on her to catch and shoot where I think Bibby and Scott can do more on both ends of the floor in addition to catch and shoot at the 3 position.

Reaction Score
I think AEH is a very good shooter and shows the ability to impact the game on that end. She seemed to get more comfortable at the end of the year. That said her defense is a bit of a liability, her quickness and agility is not where it needs to be. I'm sure they will work hard on that this offseason. She also does not get very involved from a rebounding perspective on both ends of the floor. Last year she thrived shooting the 3 ball in the wing with T and Howard inside. Next year, her defense and rebounding have to pick up.

Bibby isn't a super star defensively but she is much quicker and active on defense. She was able to disrupt passing lanes and get deflections/steals when she was playing this past season. She also was not afraid to go and rebound on both ends of the floor.

I am not saying she AEH is not a good player but the makeup of the team will be much different next year and they will need her to expand her game on other ends of the floor outside of shooting 3's (which she is good at).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I completely agree with you and my AEH comment was more needling than anything else because I think she gets over hyped on this board quite often. I believe her handle and defense are suspect and I think Vic can only depend on her to catch and shoot where I think Bibby and Scott can do more on both ends of the floor in addition to catch and shoot at the 3 position.
My take, AEH will be a MAJOR player for MSST. I suspect her to be much more aggressive both defense and offense. No doubt in my mind she has a beautiful shot that is difficult to defend because she is just a natural!

Reaction Score
Actually I was agreeing that I don’t think she handles well enough for the shooting guard position or the foot speed to consistently guard smaller and quicker players at that position. At the beginning of the season she was mainly shooting three pointers. However I was surprised as the year progressed at how well she drove for layups in the weave offense and her ability to drive then stop and pop the midrange jumper. She also developed her help side defense, especially taking charges, and got better using her size and length as a primary defender. Overall I think she is an excellent all around player albeit better at the wing than as a two guard.

Reaction Score
Has there been any news regarding Minyon Moore taking any additional visits other than the one to Mississippi State? While I’d love to have her in Starkville I’m concerned Oregon is going to offer her a much better chance at a National Championship.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Texas Tech hardly new there and before that it was Tulsa. What are we becoming, the Wikki of obscure player movements? Sorry Nan, just in this mood set off by the endless inanity under the heading Hannah Gusters. Lets be honest and have a thread about Your Favorite Ice Cream. Then we can do Toppings!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Texas Tech hardly new there and before that it was Tulsa. What are we becoming, the Wikki of obscure player movements? Sorry Nan, just in this mood set off by the endless inanity under the heading Hannah Gusters. Lets be honest and have a thread about Your Favorite Ice Cream. Then we can do Toppings!

National Ice Cream Day is July 21.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I will do my part to celebrate National Ice Cream Day, now if I can just convince my wife!

And if you can't convince your wife... go out an get a gallon pint or two and eat it in the kitchen table bedroom out of spite :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And if you can't convince your wife... go out an get a gallon pint or two and eat it in the kitchen table bedroom out of spite :rolleyes:
I am what you call chicken, in other words, ice cream, no matter how tasty, is not worth an unhappy wife. Besides she knows I am diabetic and definitely have to limit sugar intake.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am starting to worry about @HuskyNan as she has kept the same avatar for a fairly long period of time for her. Can someone check in on her for us? :)

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Missouri landed two transfers.

Renetha “Shug” Dickson, a guard who played at Tulsa. She scored 21 points against UConn in her freshman year and 17 in her sophmore year and led Tulsa in scoring both years. She was on the American Conference All-Freshman team in 2017 along with Crystal Dangerfield.

LaDazhia Williams, a 6'4” forward who played two years at South Carolina. She was a five-star, top 50 recruit out of high school, but played few minutes for Dawn Staley.

Both players will sit out next season.

Reaction Score
Missouri landed two transfers.

Renetha “Shug” Dickson, a guard who played at Tulsa. She scored 21 points against UConn in her freshman year and 17 in her sophmore year and led Tulsa in scoring both years. She was on the American Conference All-Freshman team in 2017 along with Crystal Dangerfield.

LaDazhia Williams, a 6'4” forward who played two years at South Carolina. She was a five-star, top 50 recruit out of high school, but played few minutes for Dawn Staley.

Both players will sit out next season.
Was interested about Dickson because she just sat out at Texas Tech.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am starting to worry about @HuskyNan as she has kept the same avatar for a fairly long period of time for her. Can someone check in on her for us? :)
As soon as Captain Marvel appeared UConn kicked Louisville’s butt and recruits started committing left and right. I also got a promotion at work. Why would I change my avatar?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
DAY?
Needs to be an extended period. Like Lent.

well July is National Ice Cream Month...... so you got 31 days to celebrate. :cool: But on National Ice Cream days.... many places have special deals

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
well July is National Ice Cream Month. so you got 31 days to celebrate. :cool: But on National Ice Cream days.... many places have special deals
Bruins? Really? What about the local Carolina team? I thought you were “l support all the local schools/team except UNCheat” type. I have now lost all respect! :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bruins? Really? What about the local Carolina team? I thought you were “l support all the local schools/team except UNCheat” type. I have now lost all respect! :confused:

Care to make a friendly avatar wager on this series? The Bruins win.... I'll switch to a Bruin avatar for the rest of the NHL season. if the Canes win..... you switch to a Cane avatar View attachment 43046 View attachment 43046 View attachment 43046 View attachment 43046

batman.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom