New transfer thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
Greetings from SoCal, where I've largely been taking the week away from hoops.

Ms. Cooks certainly appears to be travelling. And given the locales, there (so far) does not appear to be itinerary for South Bend, Ind., and given Ms. Paterson's decision to leave the fair field of northwest Indiana, the Irish could most certainly use a talent of Ms. Cooks' ability. (Hey Sid, the Irish do upbeat!). ;)
(snip)

That's not the way Mayor Pete describes it ….

Reaction Score
Are you sure this photo was taken yesterday? On her Twitter account yesterday, Cooks posted a comment about just getting back from a recent trip to Iowa.
Mississippi State was Cooks' first visit, so the Iowa trip must've been non-ball related.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So which of the 3? Yemiyah Morris?
Vic likes to take on projects. Morris out of Cochise JC in AZ is certainly that. At 6’6” if he can develop her into anything close to McGowan, she’ll be another load to deal with in the paint.

Reaction Score
I hope Cooks visits UConn.
She’s not visiting UCONN!!! My guess she ends up at Notre Dame or Mississippi State. I will relax come October when we have a roster of 8 and have signed no one for next season. Westbrook will end up at Oregon and the polish player will end up going pro ... it’s going to be a very long season next year. So get back to me come October. At least I have my Celtics and Bruins. Pats are looking good for next season!!

Reaction Score
She’s not visiting UCONN!!! My guess she ends up at Notre Dame or Mississippi State. I will relax come October when we have a roster of 8 and have signed no one for next season. Westbrook will end up at Oregon and the polish player will end up going pro ... it’s going to be a very long season next year. So get back to me come October. At least I have my Celtics and Bruins. Pats are looking good for next season!!
We know for sure that Cooks isnt visiting UConn? She may have a visit planned, Geno and co keep everything hush hush. Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
So let’s get the cooks talk out of the way she’s not coming to UCONN. Face it we will not land any bigs in the off season for next year. Only chance we have in adding to next season is Westbrook and the Polish guard.. that’s about it. If we don’t land those 2 then UCONN will need a few walk ons to be able to have a full roster to practice. Nothing we can do about it sadly this is the situation UCONN is in. We will have to deal with whatever the outcome is and play with what we have.
What we have is: ONO, CW, Walker,Danger, Griffin, Irwin, Bent---not a great situation but one that could easily lead to the ELITE 8. Poooor Geno--born with a golden baskeball in his head. I think WE FANS can accept that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Cooks ends up at MS St. For the next three years the Bulldogs could have three 6’5” players on their roster: MS transfer Taylor, JC transfer Morris and freshman Carter. While it’s possible that Cooks could play the small forward spot, she’ll have to compete with Chloe Bibby who should have 3 years of eligibility coming back from injury. With all those Bigs, PT will be hard to come by in Starkville.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this about transfers. You accept a transfer and lets just say shes comes for 2 years and sits out a year. That is an alert to HS recruits that she is ahead of you and if you wanna play you may not. So coaches better be really careful who they choose. Its very quiet on the UConn front about who's coming and who's not. I expect any transfer who comes to UConn or any other school expect alot of playtime and thats one of the reasons why theyre transferring. So the question is, is it worth the risk. If you can get a player who can play right away that may be different. In UConns case they need a player who can play right away and I continue to think Geno has something up his sleeve and we will not know for a while.

There are alot of people on this board with connections and a few with alot of connections. Those who post things like who are your sources dont understand that those with connections are not and can not release their connections from who for fear of loosing them. FWIW since the Tenn 37 page NCAA violation many have learned to be quiet about what they know and for good reason. Tenns intent was to ruin UConn and everything to do with UConn. Those behind the violation had an intent to destroy everybody and everything to do with UConn for Tenns and Pats benefit. For that reason many are quiet for fear of hurting programs.

So when you have a thread about transfers or recruits understand that alot of kids say alot of positive things about schools they are visiting but only a handful of people know what the girl really wants and those people are instructed to be quiet.

I will end on this note. Geno and his staff are constantly recruiting. They are filled with phone calls, text messages, and emails from everybody and anybody around the world telling them about the next great player. Some UConn coaches already know about and those they dont Im sure they look into. It takes a special player to play for UConn. They have to meet UConns requirements. Its not just get every player you can and throw them up against the wall and see which ones stick. In todays WCBB kids want to play and thats why kids are transferring now because they are not getting the playtime they expected and their expectations havent been met where they are now. Kids want to play and kids want to win and transferring is the main reason for leaving where they are. Stop worrying about who we dont get. We get those who want us and want to play for Geno. Those that dont play for other teams. You cant have everybody and everbody cant have what they want. Be patient and let Geno do his job. Im sure over the next few months we will be happy fans.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Cooks ends up at MS St. For the next three years the Bulldogs could have three 6’5” players on their roster: MS transfer Taylor, JC transfer Morris and freshman Carter. While it’s possible that Cooks could play the small forward spot, she’ll have to compete with Chloe Bibby who should have 3 years of eligibility coming back from injury. With all those Bigs, PT will be hard to come by in Starkville.
Minor point: Bibby will have 2 years of eligibility left. She played in too many games this past season to qualify for a medical hardship waiver.

Reaction Score
Isn’t MSST now out of scholarships? They have 9 returning players, plus signed a class of five. With the juco addition isn’t that 15? Aren’t they officially done?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom