New Staff Tidbits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Staff Tidbits

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Smh.

Why? His former assistant Ty Boswell has serious recruiting connects in New England. Would love to see him come along.

Freeman or Youncofski have no experience recruiting. What makes you think they'd be an upgrade to a guy like Ty?

Reaction Score
Why? His former assistant Ty Boswell has serious recruiting connects in New England. Would love to see him come along.

Freeman or Youncofski have no experience recruiting. What makes you think they'd be an upgrade to a guy like Ty?
Maybe both will be involved with basketball operations. During 2011-12 season, Karl Hobbs was DBO and Kevin Freeman was assistant DBO.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Maybe both will be involved with basketball operations. During 2011-12 season, Karl Hobbs was DBO and Kevin Freeman was assistant DBO.

Oh Ok, I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Because I trust Coach Hurley to put together a great staff

Well that's fine, but I'm just hoping that the construction of his staff gives us the best possible chance to win. One of Cal's secrects a number of years was to hire an absolute gun recruiter on the end of the bench. A bit mercenary, but all the guy did was recruit.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has Hurley recruited down south and out west? Will he have any guys that can do that?

Reaction Score
Because I trust Coach Hurley to put together a great staff

If you trust DH in putting together a great staff & he is good with retaining Freeman...........

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Has Hurley recruited down south and out west? Will he have any guys that can do that?

No idea, but Tom Moore has done a bit. Danny talked about targeting the areas he wanted to recruit in constructing his staff. I hope it's a wide net.

The plus side is that he's going to be all over New England Preps which would be great for us.

Reaction Score
No idea, but Tom Moore has done a bit. Danny talked about targeting the areas he wanted to recruit in constructing his staff. I hope it's a wide net.

The plus side is that he's going to be all over New England Preps which would be great for us.
And with Hurley's connections maybe UConn can finally break into New Jersey, an area Calhoun didn't have much luck with.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if Chillious was officially "fired? i know he was acting interim coach for whatever that was worth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Hurley can be strong in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and be decent through southeast, Midwest and west become less important.

One of the reasons West coast recruiting became so important was the lack of getting recruits on New England.

Reaction Score
Yeah, think he's for sure out

On the left: Chill's current twitter profile/bio
On the right: Chill's twitter profile/bio back in June

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.46.06 PM.png

Reaction Score
Not a surprise Hurley is gonna want his guys. He spoke about having a diverse staff from an experience standpoint and wanted guys who were going to cover metro Atlantic.

Never got to see what chill could do but I am sure there will be some competent recruiters keeping Danny company on the bench next year.

Reaction Score
it, I'll help em with recruiting, who's coming with me, let's gooo

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think it is important to re-establish recruiting well in New England and NYC. Hopefully, he can make headway into New Jersey and then pick up some pieces in Maryland and DC area. I would be happy doing well in those areas as I think there is more than enough talent to win titles.

Reaction Score
I think it is important to re-establish recruiting well in New England and NYC. Hopefully, he can make headway into New Jersey and then pick up some pieces in Maryland and DC area. I would be happy doing well in those areas as I think there is more than enough talent to win titles.
Villanova's roster: VILLANOVA.COM Official Men's Basketball Roster :: Villanova University Official Athletic Site Villanova University Official Athletic Site :: Men's Basketball

Everyone except Brunson and Spellman is from the Northeast corridor. And Spellman went to a prep school in CT and a high school in MA before that. UConn recruits a wider area than Villanova. So yeah I think there's plenty of talent in the Northeast to get it done.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what happens with Matthews. Thought chill was the point man for him..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom