New Staff Tidbits | The Boneyard

New Staff Tidbits

Reaction Score
with tom moore on staff chillious seems redundant so I get that. if the kids like freeman and it can keep everything together then I'm cool with it. i'm curious to see who hurley brings with him and who he picks up from the outside

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
with tom moore on staff chillious seems redundant so I get that. if the kids like freeman and it can keep everything together then I'm cool with it. i'm curious to see who hurley brings with him and who he picks up from the outside

The greedy SOB in me wants David Cox, but I know that’s highly unlikely.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
isn't one of the guys Adams AAU coach? that would probably keep him here and solidify our northeast recruiting
Can't find who you're talking about. Can you remember his name?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't find who you're talking about. Can you remember his name?

Ty someone Hurley’s URI staff. Big AAU guy. Connections to Adams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ty someone Hurley’s URI staff. Big AAU guy. Connections to Adams.

I was hoping he would come, but if Cox stays at URI, he could too. We need a full on recruiter.

Reaction Score
Hearing the most likely - if any- current staff member to be retained would be Kevin Freeman.
As NCAA regs do not permit individuals in the Director of Basketball Administration role to engage in recruiting, ... potentially there may be something to Borges' rumor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The greedy SOB in me wants David Cox, but I know that’s highly unlikely.

Absolutely.

I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

I was a little encouraged when they announced a ‘nationwide search’ for a new coach, but I’m guessing they end up promoting him,

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Absolutely.

I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

I was a little encouraged when they announced a ‘nationwide search’ for a new coach, but I’m guessing they end up promoting him,

That's the only reason I thought to bother mentioning it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone explain to me what the love affair for Cox is? Cause he recruited Jermaine Harris? I remember his bio saying he worked for Rutgers before URI, did he do anything special there?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Someone explain to me what the love affair for Cox is? Cause he recruited Jermaine Harris? I remember his bio saying he worked for Rutgers before URI, did he do anything special there?

Excellent recruiter - strong AAU and high school connections. Bright - spent several years as an assistant principal. Master’s degree. He’s been an associate head coach at RU and URI. He filled in as head coach for three games at Rutgers and went 3-0 which will likely land him in the RU hall of fame.

But basically, he has terrific experience. Coached at Archbishop Carroll. Was AP/AD at St. John’s Prep. Coached at Pitt, Georgetown, Rutgers and URI.

Reaction Score
Excellent recruiter - strong AAU and high school connections. Bright - spent several years as an assistant principal. Master’s degree. He’s been an associate head coach at RU and URI. He filled in as head coach for three games at Rutgers and went 3-0 which will likely land him in the RU hall of fame.

But basically, he has terrific experience. Coached at Archbishop Carroll. Was AP/AD at St. John’s Prep. Coached at Pitt, Georgetown, Rutgers and URI.

AKA there's no reason for them to hire someone else. Basically malpractice if they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom