New school commitments by Transfers | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thoughts from Iveys vine? (Mcgraws bench)
Well, I love this for her.

First, as a Chicagoan can go watch her play in person.

But mostly, I think she will be a nice fit for their uptempo style of play and aggressive defense. Her athleticism shines when the game is fast-paced.

Her lack of 3-point shooting is the only thing that makes it an awkward fit but she'll give them a lot elsewhere. If I were her, I'd spend all summer shooting nothing but 3s all day long.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, a number of Benchers were thinking two Big East possibilities (DePaul or Marquette) or Illinois, with Shauna Green coming aboard. She split the difference and chose the Catholic school in Illinois.

Well, Lexi Held and Sonya Morris have moved on, so there's room in the backcourt. Unlike many of the Depaul Blue Bombers, Anaya is not a jump-shooting threat from long distance. Heck, not really even from mid-range (she needs to work on that). However, she can rebound and play both individual and team defense well and that's something Doug Bruno must sense and want by giving this opportunity.

Still, she scored 12 pts per game as a freshman largely using the same game and she'll be able to get a lot of her points through the gritty play that will help the Blue Demons.
Can't help but notice the irony. Anaya Peoples visited UCONN I believe with River Baldwin, Maddie Burke, Kylee Watson and some other Philly Belles during their Sophomore year of HS season. The universal feedback was that they all needed to keep working and UCONN would keep watching. For Baldwin it was really a test drive and she committed to Florida State shortly after visiting. Peoples, Brunelle and Miles are three players that committed to ND that I will continue to believe really really wanted to go to UCONN but it wasn't to be.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Where's all our transfer commitment news!?

No Way Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louisville gets more ACC transfers than all the other schools combined,. Its like they still think they are in the Big East or something.
For interconference transfers, the SEC reigns supreme. It's almost like it's a law they can't leave the conference. I don't know what Koi Love and Ariyah Copeland were thinking. No wonder they struggled at their new home, they violated the rule.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Louisville gets more ACC transfers than all the other schools combined,. Its like they still think they are in the Big East or something.
It is amazing how many ACC teams contribute to Jeff's Jam: Ga. Tech, Syracuse, Florida State.

Thinking along those lines, I'll need to check out the Cardinal staffers in the 2nd row during ACC games next year. Some might be charting shots; others might be seeing how the opponents would fill a Louisville roster need the next year.
:rolleyes:;).

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Players actually transfer into Syracuse? :D

If my numbers are correct, they lost 12 players in the portal last season and another 6 this year.
Well, since their entire team left after the '20-'21 season, just about their entire team transferred in for '21-'22.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Owens is from upstate New York. Pretty much this was a no-brainer after Coach Jack took over.
In my mind, Owens, the transfer from Temple and the two stars from Coach Jack's Buffalo team have all come aboard to the Dome in the last few weeks.

With on-campus visits now allowed (hail the Quiet and Evaluation periods), perhaps even more folks will replenish that roster.

BTW, the Irish need the same. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Players actually transfer into Syracuse? :D

If my numbers are correct, they lost 12 players in the portal last season and another 6 this year.

True, but with Coach Jack taking over, she's already landed two of her freshman from Buffalo. Now she's landed Owens and another forward. That makes four to replenish the 6 who are leaving.

Reaction Score
I think they have been successful because they have an identity and go to the portal to fill needs that fit their identity...not to replenish a depleted roster. In addition to maintaining some level of continuity, chemistry and trust, having a strong core of leaders that you have recruited from high school that can show transfers the "Louisville" way or the "UCONN" way is important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom