New PAC-12 Forming | Page 30 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

Reaction Score

I don't understand why you are posting this tweet as a reply to my post. I think CR has ruined the sport.

If this OSU flunkie is trying to defend his OSU program's actions, I'd say the difference is the PAC was a dead conference walking. The B1G, The Big XII, and the ACC all fed off the PAC 12 carcass because those PAC 12 programs wanted to leave and they will make boatloads more money. OSU and WSU poached the MWC to simply make another version of the MWC with perhaps a slight bump in pay.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why you are posting this tweet as a reply to my post. I think CR has ruined the sport.

If this OSU flunkie is trying to defend his OSU program's actions, I'd say the difference is the PAC was a dead conference walking. The B1G, The Big XII, and the ACC all fed off the PAC 12 carcass because those PAC 12 programs wanted to leave and they will make boatloads more money. OSU and WSU poached the MWC to simply make another version of the MWC with perhaps a slight bump in pay.

Nope. The PAC 12 is just playing the hand it was dealt.

When the ACC opened this pandora's box morality and doing things "for the greater good" flew out the window. Anyone being critical of this PAC 12 situation is hypocritical.

Reaction Score
Is UConn truly truly being considered for PAC ? or was that old and hypothetical from Wednesday I believe? What about an Eastern pod of teams in PAC? Some BIG East basketball only schools would actually make a rather deep conference. Maybe Gonzaga comes?

Is it even worth checking periodically or would we have a better chance BIG 12 after March Madness? Football looks much better with the NIL growth we did past year Next year should be even better I hope..

Reaction Score
Is UConn truly truly being considered for PAC ? or was that old and hypothetical from Wednesday I believe? What about an Eastern pod of teams in PAC? Some BIG East basketball only schools would actually make a rather deep conference. Maybe Gonzaga comes?

Is it even worth checking periodically or would we have a better chance BIG 12 after March Madness? Football looks much better with the NIL growth we did past year Next year should be even better I hope..
If we get the FB only offer we should take it

Reaction Score
You have to know when to If we get the FB only offer we should take it
Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

Reaction Score

Quotes from the article:

The current Mountain West TV contract pays each school $5 million annually. That deal expires in 20 months, and a diminished Mountain West could garner significantly less. The MAC only distributes $800,000 as part of an agreement that runs through 2026-27.

Austin Karp, the managing editor of Sports Business Journal, projects that a new Mountain West TV contract would net “slightly more” than what the MAC is currently getting.

“Who’s going to be left in the Mountain West?” Karp said. “Because the Pac-12 has that lawsuit against the Mountain West, and if they succeed, that might allow some of those schools out of having to pay something. So maybe UNLV and Air Force change their mind. Maybe the Mountain West just folds. I wouldn’t be confident putting my cards with the Mountain West right now.”

UT’s travel costs would rise significantly in the Mountain West
, though time spent getting to and from Toledo would not. Bus trips to NIU and Buffalo are equivalent to West Coast flights. Athens, Oxford, and Mount Pleasant, Mich., by bus are no shorter than Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, and Laramie, Wyo., by plane.

The MAC is the only FBS conference untouched by realignment. The last full-time member to leave the conference was Marshall in 2005. Massachusetts is joining next year.

The conference is filled with like-minded universities located in a small geographic footprint with similar resources.

Toledo joined the MAC in 1950 and has been one of the conference’s flagship programs, winning a total of 80 conference championships. Only Ohio (1946), Miami (1947), and Western Michigan (1947) have been in the league longer.

Reaction Score
Nope. The PAC 12 is just playing the hand it was dealt.

When the ACC opened this pandora's box morality and doing things "for the greater good" flew out the window. Anyone being critical of this PAC 12 situation is hypocritical.
Nope. I am very critical and not hypocritical.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing many (who are now blasting the remaining two Pac schools for attempting to survive) seem to forget is that a bit more than a dozen years ago the Pac had and expansion in place (adding Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St) that would have protected the conference indefinitely. ESPN stepped in and underwrote the Longhorn Network to keep UT in the B-12 (which led to OU backing out, killing the entire move).

A byproduct of that was a B-12 without UT and OU was in negotiations with the BE on a merger, which would have benefited both conferences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom