New No. 1 Postgrad Target? Jeff Carroll from Okie State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New No. 1 Postgrad Target? Jeff Carroll from Okie State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right now we have 12 guys that want, deserve, and need PT. Adding a 5th year transfer will only make KO's job harder. To get a really good 5th year transfer he'd
have to promise significant if not starter's minutes which can detract from the development of current players. I love the team coming back and i like having an open ship for walk on or a BIG surprise.

Reaction Score
Right now we have 12 guys that want, deserve, and need PT. Adding a 5th year transfer will only make KO's job harder. To get a really good 5th year transfer he'd
have to promise significant if not starter's minutes which can detract from the development of current players. I love the team coming back and i like having an open ship for walk on or a BIG surprise.
Deserve?? The best players deserve playing time. Keep bring in good players and let them earn it in practice

Reaction Score

Thats how perennial mediocre teams think. Don't hurt the feelings of the guys we got by adding players who bring up the level of competition on the team.

H

huskymagic

No we don't want or need this guy. You don't bring in a guy who wants to audition for the D-League to jack up shots when we have good players coming back. We don't need grad transfers of this type to ruin team chemistry.

You only bring grad transfers when you have lack of talent and able bodies not to supplant good level loyal UCONN recruits playing time.

Hard pass to basketball mercenaries looking to audition for pro ball at team's expense. Yes to lunch pail/energy guys, tough guys who can rebound who are looking to play a role to benefit team goals.

Reaction Score
No we don't want or need this guy. You don't bring in a guy who wants to audition for the D-League to jack up shots when we have good players coming back. We don't need grad transfers of this type to ruin team chemistry.

You only bring grad transfers when you have lack of talent and able bodies not to supplant good level loyal UCONN recruits playing time.

Hard pass to basketball mercenaries looking to audition for pro ball at team's expense. Yes to lunch pail/energy guys, tough guys who can rebound who are looking to play a role to benefit team goals.

How do you pretend to know this guy would be a chemistry killer, just based on his numbers? This isn't a guy getting kicked off his team, or someone who failed out, got arrested, complained about playing time, or was known as a chemistry killer (at least not that I am aware of). So simply because he is a scorer he will take away from our other guys and hog the ball? Thats bull. Maybe he sees the talent on this team and is a team first player and says I am willing to sacrifice ppg and mpg just to play with these guys and make a deep run rather than take all the shots on a team in rebuilding mode. Reality check bud, you have no clue what this guy is like personality wise, All you know is that he is a proven scorer for a P5 conference, NCAA tourney team, who shot the ball at 53/44/80 %s. But you're right our guys have proven plenty and are a lock for the final four next year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Wow. Do you try to be this clueless, or does it come naturally?

C

Chief00

That guy wanted to say yes but he's been conditioning with Travis so didn't have the energy level.
LOL - Almost thought Adams built his up this year balling games.

C

Chief00

Bunky deserves no credit for any recruiting success while Sam Jr. was here. Stop spreading lies.

Don't give him the credit then just bring him back so we can sign some good players. In your mind you can give the credit to the course catalog sessions - Gee, maybe you can have your friend expand them from 90 minutes to two hours. That will sign at least a couple guys.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Don't give him the credit then just bring him back so we can sign some good players. In your mind you can give the credit to the course catalog sessions - Gee, maybe you can have your friend expand them from 90 minutes to two hours. That will sign at least a couple guys.

These two things have nothing to do with one another.

C

Chief00

These two things have nothing to do with one another.

Stairmaster, unfortunately the World has passed you by. The Andy Blaylock days taking a player to the Diary Bar doesn't wow today's players. You can live in denial about it but the Bunkey/post Bunkey results speak for themselves. We need success not failure followed by denial and excuses.
Glen Miller failed on Diallo - not Bunkey.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Stairmaster, unfortunately the World has passed you by. The Andy Blayblock days taking a player to the Diary Bar doesn't wow today's players. You can live in denial about it but the Bunkey/post Bunkey results speak for themselves.

Because you say so? I can't believe I again find myself the one lecturing the guy who claims to have an MBA on correlation vs. causation.

You're a proven liar who specializes in reactive, emotional takes based on the mental delusions you create. Nobody believes this pathetic Bunky charade you've started.

C

Chief00

Because you say so? I can't believe I again find myself the one lecturing the guy who claims to have an MBA on correlation vs. causation.

You're a proven liar who specializes in reactive, emotional takes based on the mental delusions you create. Nobody believes this pathetic Bunky charade you've started.
He produced results, your boy doesn't. You can moralize all you want but that's what it comes down to.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster, unfortunately the World has passed you by. The Andy Blaylock days taking a player to the Diary Bar doesn't wow today's players. You can live in denial about it but the Bunkey/post Bunkey results speak for themselves. We need success not failure followed by denial and excuses.

Actually am still laughing at this.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He produced results, your boy doesn't. You can moralize all you want but that's what it comes down to.

You have nothing to prove this. Just because you repeat it over and over again doesn't make it factual or accurate. This is not how the world works.

Reaction Score

It's ridiculous to think Miller, Ollie or anyone failed on Diallo. The only thing that happened is the last minute snake oil sales guy came crashing in and rode away with the prize, nothing else.

Reaction Score
I say this with complete sincerity, the next time you see KO, give him your advice. Tell him the problem with his recruiting is they talk too much about classes. Just make sure you have someone tape it so we can all see his reaction

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I say this with complete sincerity, the next time you see KO, give him your advice. Tell him the problem with his recruiting is they talk too much about classes. Just make sure you have someone tape it so we can all see his reaction

I'm still waiting on the video reaction when he tells Mrs. Vital and Vance Sr. their sons didn't actually have concussions.

pj

Reaction Score

Chief's got a point. Other programs find room in their budget for ancillary recruiters, UConn only has assistant coaches and a director of basketball operations. If Louisville can fund whores, why not UConn a Bunky?

Reaction Score
Chief's got a point. Other programs find room in their budget for ancillary recruiters, UConn only has assistant coaches and a director of basketball operations. If Louisville can fund whores, why not UConn a Bunky?
I thought recruiting contact was limited to only the head coach and their 3 assistants? Or supposed to be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom