New No. 1 Postgrad Target? Jeff Carroll from Okie State | The Boneyard

New No. 1 Postgrad Target? Jeff Carroll from Okie State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jeffrey Carroll

With Underwood gone and Evans declaring for the draft, Okie Light is in shambles. They'd have been a top 20ish team next year, but now they're losing their best player (Evans) and their third-and-fourth best (Forte & Hammonds). Carroll is the only one who remains, and he's eligible as a grad transfer.

I didn't have him on my original list because I didn't really think he'd transfer. Now... honestly, I can't see why he wouldn't.

6-foot-5 wing who went for 17.5/6.6/1.2 p/r/a on 54/44/81 shooting splits on the season. Went for 18/8/1 on 7-for-9 shooting (3-for-3 from 3) against us.

If he's transferring, expect every significant team in the country to be on him. And we should be there amongst them, right to the very end.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'd be an insane addition for any team. Also a great fit for us at the 2 spot. Ollie will need his head examined if he doesn't at least try to go after Carroll if he announces he's transferring.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Gonzaga lands him to replace Mathews (present grad transfer). No doubt they will go all in on a guy like this. Feel bad for Silas Melson. Ohhhh well...lol.

Reaction Score
Can we forget about the postgrads as anything but backups. They are seldom worth the aggravation and mostly if they were that good they'd have stayed and finished up where they were. Of the post grads we have had, really only 1 contributed in a meaningful way. The last two were stop gap measures for a pretty eh team. But going from Seton Hall and the Ivy League it isn't that surprising that they were just ok.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can we forget about the postgrads as anything but backups. They are seldom worth the aggravation and mostly if they were that good they'd have stayed and finished up where they were. Of the post grads we have had, really only 1 contributed in a meaningful way. The last two were stop gap measures for a pretty eh team. But going from Seton Hall and the Ivy League it isn't that surprising that they were just ok.
Guy averaged 17 on a tournament team that beat us. Safe to say he'd start here.

Reaction Score
I think when/if Mikyle McIntosh leaves Illinois State as a 5th year he will land at Minnesota w/Reggie Lynch.

Reaction Score

A very good case can be made that Gonzaga isn't contending for a National Championship w/o Jordan Mathews.

Reaction Score
This is idiotic.

Reaction Score
Yea I'm good with the miserable and sour act, you can waste it on someone who wants to entertain it cuz you're getting close to that ignore zone.
Please do, you've turned into a touchhole lately. Lighten up.

Reaction Score
I worry that, while we see an opening at the SG, small ball 3, any incoming recruit or possible recruit will see 4 guards on the roster and pass.

Thoughts?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I worry that, while we see an opening at the SG, small ball 3, any incoming recruit or possible recruit will see 4 guards on the roster and pass.

Thoughts?
I think that's very possible, and is why we're more likely to get a role player than a starter.

Which is fine. I'd be happy with someone like Caruso from Princeton, who's somewhere between RJ and Lasan in terms of quality. I just want to make sure that spot is filled with someone who can play college ball.

Reaction Score
I think that's very possible, and is why we're more likely to get a role player than a starter.

Which is fine. I'd be happy with someone like Caruso from Princeton, who's somewhere between RJ and Lasan in terms of quality. I just want to make sure that spot is filled with someone who can play college ball.
Saw Caruso is going to Santa Clara.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can we rent a Bunkey for a couple months? Please!

giphy.gif

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So we are putting all our stock in the tour of facilities and the course catalog review session. Gee, that will work.

Bunky deserves no credit for any recruiting success while Sam Jr. was here. Stop spreading lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom