new logo leaked? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
537322_449627701783721_2038638490_n.jpg

Looks fine. I can see the sentimentality about the old logo, but people will get used to the new one.

Reaction Score
Im sure I will grow to like it in time. I actually prefer the one without the red outline. I wonder which version will be painted on the basketball courts?? The one thing that scared me was they would make this logo look too much like the Minnesota Timberwolves logo...thats exactly what they did. I will always like the 90's logo the best since that is what I grew up with and I will always relate that Jonathan to the Calhoun era.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
I'm on board. Never liked the last one. 80's-90's still my favorite ..... For now
Maybe this new one will get us out of the AAC. If it does it will be my favorite by far...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
They are not targeting existing fans. They are targeting new fans. I'd say it's a safe bet that apparel branded with this logo will increase sales significantly.

Hey,
If Gheorghe likes it.....I like it

U

UCONNfan1

Love the new logo. Not sure about the red around the husky, but I thought I saw another picture of just Jonathan without the red outline.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Love the new logo. Not sure about the red around the husky, but I thought I saw another picture of just Jonathan without the red outline.
I disagree with everything you just said, lol
You're still cool though

Reaction Score
Where's MakersMuppet when you need him to put some of you whiners in line? Oh boo hoo hoo, I liked the cuddly looking dog. Like a bunch of babies losing their security blankets. You don't like it? Go root for Providence. TEN. MOTHERF'N. TOES. IN.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Where's MakersMuppet when you need him to put some of you whiners in line? Oh boo hoo hoo, I liked the cuddly looking dog. Like a bunch of babies losing their security blankets. You don't like it? Go root for Providence. TEN. MOTHERF'N. TOES. IN.
You're pretty intimidating Dave....... Hey guys if you don't like the new logo, just keep it to yourself.....the LAST thing you want is to make UCDaveD angry, trust me he's nobody to mess with!

Reaction Score
Now we need to change the mascot's name from Jonathan to something that fits the fierce new image. I'm thinking "Jack," which is often used as a derivation of John.

UConn Jack has a nice ring to it.

And the image does also remind me somewhat of the wolf on the Kenwood Vineyards Jack London label.

I really hope this is a joke..

Reaction Score
You're pretty intimidating Dave....... Hey guys if you don't like the new logo, just keep it to yourself.....the LAST thing you want is to make UCDaveD angry, trust me he's nobody to mess with!
6'6" 250 on a bad day, 6'10" 3bills on a good day.

U

UCONNfan1

I disagree with everything you just said, lol
You're still cool though
LOL. Well, I figure whether I love or hated the logo is irrelevant since UCONN won't be making any changes based on fans' reactions. But still, I think it's cool.

Reaction Score
I also got an e-mail from UConn Athletics with a photo of the new logo. The red outline does give it a more dramatic effect. I really like it in relation to what we had.

Reaction Score
With so many people making the comment that the new logo looks like a wolf I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor tweaks to give it more of a traditional husky look
That's what a Husky looks like, our old logo looked like a Samoyed.

Reaction Score
I liked how they rushed out the release today after the leak. Have they confirmed the leak is why they pushed it up from the 18th? :)

No confirmation as of yet, only an assumption at this point.

Reaction Score
I guess the big question is why there is red in the logo seeing as we were just told last week that we would only be using our primary colors (blue and grey) moving forward!!???

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That's what a Husky looks like, our old logo looked like a Samoyed.
My family bred and showed various breeds and i spent many weekends at dog shows. Im very familiar with what a Husky looks like. While the new logo does look like a husky it clearly has some features that people think makes it look a bit too much like a wolf. While im fine with it the way it is im just saying i won't be surprised if they don't tweak the thickness of the head and/fur to give it more of a traditional husky look.

Reaction Score
The logo is fine, what will make it memorable is winning some championships wearing it. That will make the logo separate itself from the clutter........until Sandusky, Penn State made a white helmet with a blue stripe cool, just win.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They both look so similar, but they pretty much nailed this husky:

Wolf (left) Husky (right)
R6MiJbi.jpg
Agreed, some wolves look like some huskies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With so many people making the comment that the new logo looks like a wolf I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor tweaks to give it more of a traditional husky look

Huskies look like wolves. They do not look anything like our prior logo. This is much more like a real husky, and the light blue eyes remove any doubt that it is a husky and not a wolf.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds