new logo leaked? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny, my sons liked the new logo, my daughters liked the old one. I asked why "meaner" was one son's reaction, my oldest daughter "because I grew up with the other one." Personally I'm just happy they kept the font on the new UCONN. Big fan of trying to gets some consistency across the teams. Be interesting to see what happens with the baseball team's unis as I always thought baseball looked good in that old style C.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It would get completely lost on a white uniform - it's a fail.
Im not a proponent of the all white but i did think it looked cool. We made the all white, stupid looking cartoon logo work im sure we could figure it out with the new logo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Im not a proponent of the all white but i did think it looked cool. We made the all white, stupid looking cartoon logo work im sure we could figure it out with the new logo.

It'll take about three days and then the entire fan base will forget that we even have a new logo - until then, everyone's a graphic designer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It doesn't get lost on the white background here, how would it get lost on a white uniform?

Your computer screen is sitting stone-still 15" from your eyeballs - the uniforms will be somewhat further away and attached to bodies moving all helter skelter around football fields and basketball courts.

Might make a difference.

Reaction Score
It'll take about three days and then the entire fan base will forget that we even have a new logo - until then, everyone's a graphic designer.

Exactly, and I am sure the school administration is going to be taking suggestions on how to change the new logo they and Nike just spent months and $$$ rolling out. "Boys, change in plans, tell those factories in Malaysia to change to an all white logo, we just got some emails from disgruntled fans...."

Reaction Score
Wait, they are going to plaster large versions of this on uniforms? Holy moly!

frt-UHMRCPIT70-c.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly, and I am sure the school administration is going to be taking suggestions on how to change the new logo they and Nike just spent months and $ rolling out. "Boys, change in plans, tell those factories in Malaysia to change to an all white logo, we just got some emails from disgruntled fans...."

I know.

If the school had come up with the white one, the eight people up in arms here would be screaming for the blue version they just cobbled together.

Reaction Score
Your computer screen is sitting stone-still 15" from your eyeballs - the uniforms will be somewhat further away and attached to bodies moving all helter skelter around football fields and basketball courts.

Might make a difference.
I love the new logo as is. It feels bolder than the all-white version. Finally, a virile, alpha male husky. He looks like the dog all the females would want to breed with.

Reaction Score
I know.

If the school had come up with the white one, the eight people up in arms here would be screaming for the blue version they just cobbled together.

All the people wanting the white actually like the new logo. But the white looks even better.

Reaction Score
I know.

BS Fishy...if this white husky came out first then put the blue one up, you would be picking the white one...tell me there is not more continuity with the white husky (UConn) compared to the bluer husky (Washington And Northeastern) This white husky should and is going to get a lot of play. A simple adjustment of a blue toupee is easy to alter in Malaysia and on signs already done up. The white is truly a Yukon Husky like our old one and don't let anyone named Fishy tell you different.

Reaction Score
Ok, so I'm skipping pages 2-9 of this thread, but are there people seriously bitching about it being "all white" for 10 pages? gnikcvf seriously?

Reaction Score
I think the new logo is great. Our old Husky just looked to much like a . The more I look at it, the more I like it, with or without the red, doesn't matter to me.

Also love how the branding and logo will be consistent through all of our sports teams. All of our different sports teams seemed to have uniforms that all looked entirely different and personally, I hated the block C for football.

A new Husky dog logo was also developed as part of a review of all athletic team logos and marks, which in recent years had moved away from a consistent look on team uniforms.
Football had developed the block ‘C,’ men’s basketball had the intertwined ‘UC,’ women’s basketball had a ‘C’ around a basketball ball, and soccer and volleyball were developing hybrids from those. Only five of the 24 sport programs were using the Husky dog logo on their current uniform

Reaction Score
Initially, I would say I was not too thrilled by the new logo. But then I saw it with the red border and I think it looks much better. Now I must admit that I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the all white husky. Penfield, you did a good job. I like the white version of the new logo even better. You know they really should have contacted us first. ;)

Overall, I like the new logo, but it took some time to warm up to it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can 75% of sports fans tell you who's mascot that is without any other supporting info? I'm guessing the answer is yes. I'd suggest that means it can't be the worst. It dOes its job.
Agree. The fact that when someone mentioned the worst logo ever it immediately came to mind probably supports your position as well.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Agree. The fact that when someone mentioned the worst logo ever it immediately came to mind probably supports your position as well.

I think people are confusing brand recognition with good design.

Is the new logo a good design? In my opinion - absolutely. It's clean, aggressive, and focused.

But it's also new, so of course it's going to be initially hard to recognize.

Just because Wake Forest has had that god awful clip art for the past however many years doesn't mean it's nice to look at, it just means that people have seen it enough times to recognize it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly, and I am sure the school administration is going to be taking suggestions on how to change the new logo they and Nike just spent months and $ rolling out. "Boys, change in plans, tell those factories in Malaysia to change to an all white logo, we just read some posts on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Can 75% of sports fans tell you who's mascot that is without any other supporting info? I'm guessing the answer is yes. I'd suggest that means it can't be the worst. It dOes its job.

Then the AFLAC duck must be a smashing success. Everytime I see/hear that duck*ing thing I reach for a shotgun. Do I know immediately that's it's AFLAC? Yes. Will I ever in a million years get insurance through AFLAC? Hell no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom