new logo leaked? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My family bred and showed various breeds and i spent many weekends at dog shows. Im very familiar with what a Husky looks like. While the new logo does look like a husky it clearly has some features that people think makes it look a bit too much like a wolf. While im fine with it the way it is im just saying i won't be surprised if they don't tweak the thickness of the head and/fur to give it more of a traditional husky look.
WHy not just use a white husky which is our mascot? http://www.huskycolors.com/white.html

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Huskies look like wolves. They do not look anything like our prior logo. This is much more like a real husky, and the light blue eyes remove any doubt that it is a husky and not a wolf.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ya, the last husky looked like some sort of demented show dog. Had a mane from hell.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Its not perfect but here is my "remix" of the logo using the correct mascot - An ALL WHITE Husky.

husky-dog-all-white.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly Pen - that is even a bit better then the new one. Nice work!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like that too. Im not one of the "its got to be white" guys but this one looks pretty cool.

Agreed. Either one works for me and both are much better than the prior one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Seriously, UConn should look at this closely. Someone get them on the line.

I just tweeted it to them. If I don't get a response I'll start emailing people

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wife says it looks like a wolf and daughters aren't crazy about it because they loved the old logo. They got used to me, they'll get used to it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I just tweeted it to them. If I don't get a response I'll start emailing people

A couple of people on this forum have pull. Hopefully, they get on it too.

Reaction Score
Hey Pendield that looks great. I think with the all white logo, that will end any questions about whether its a wolf or husky. Thats my first impression. You're all white one screams UConn.

Reaction Score
@CoachKO_UConn: Love the New Logo! Can't wait to see it on The XL and Gampel Floor. My Son Jalen said it's Hot! So I guess that's Good. Lol
Embrace Change

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
While I always thought the current husky logo look a lot like a samoyed, it is supposed to represent an all-white siberian husky. This one misses the mark in carrying that tradition, which I think is essential in differentiating UConn from other the other schools that call themselves Huskies. If they take away the facial mask, reduce the blue to a slightly thinner chopped outline, lose a little of the teeth, and use the red, that would be on to something.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
While I always thought the current husky logo look a lot like a samoyed, it is supposed to represent an all-white siberian husky. This one misses the mark in carrying that tradition, which I think is essential in differentiating UConn from other the other schools that call themselves Huskies. If they take away the facial mask, reduce the blue to a slightly thinner chopped outline, lose a little of the teeth, and use the red, that would be on to something.
There was a link to an article on the yard either yesterday or the day before about the artist who designed the old logo and how it was modeled after his Samoyed. It may be been meant to look like a Siberian Husky but it was a Samoyed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There was a link to an article on the yard either yesterday or the day before about the artist who designed the old logo and how it was modeled after his Samoyed. It may be been meant to look like a Siberian Husky but it was a Samoyed.

That sneaky ducker. Trolled UConn for years. It looked like a poofy show dog.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Adding the red outlining makes a world of difference.

I'm warming up to it.
This I like!! Go UConn!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I like that too. Im not one of the "its got to be white" guys but this one looks pretty cool.

It would get completely lost on a white uniform - it's a fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom