new logo leaked? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
There's sentimentality with the old logo, sure, but anyone who doesn't think this latest iteration is the best of the bunch is crazy.

UConnHusky-Logo-timelineS.jpg
Call me crazy...1959 all the way

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you took off the word mark of all three and showed them to a fan outside the three fanbases. Would they be able to ID ours as UCONN? No. That is not the case today. Losing brand recognition just as we are drifting into conference oblivion is not a good idea.

Don't mind changing the logo, but it needs to be white and needs to illicit a connection to UCONN. This doesn't.
Ummm...that's because it's not our official logo yet.

And I don't think we need any more illicit connections to UConn.

I'm most stunned that so much of our fanbase is obtuse enough to be shocked that a redesigned image of a husky would bear a passing resemblance to images of other members of the canis genus.

Given our school's fairly recent past history of screwing the pooch in just about every way possible, I am just relieved that they didn't screw this up. It's a cool logo. Kids will like it and it will sell, which is the whole idea.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see it done in the same color blue as the old logo. Can any graphic artists here do that?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There's sentimentality with the old logo, sure, but anyone who doesn't think this latest iteration is the best of the bunch is crazy.

UConnHusky-Logo-timelineS.jpg
Nothing can top the original one squeezing out a deuce, but I like that the new one looks like it just finished eating all the others. It should have a little blood dripping off the mouth and it would be perfect.

Reaction Score
I like the 80-90's logo the best, the most recent one was a tad too cartoonish and I prefer this new one over that.

That older logo with the red tongue was our best, IMO.

UKw2bu2.jpg

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I prefer it without the red outline. I also prefer the old logo to the new one, but it's not like I'm going to stop watching games or donating because of the logo.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
According to the official press release, the uniforms won't be unveiled until next fall. So I guess that means football utilizes older uniforms initially?

Reaction Score
How much do you think this will affect the BBall jerseys?

I believe KO said very small changes will be made. I'm guessing the jerseys remain unchanged unless they throw a tiny logo on the back of the neckline above the last name. I bet this logo replaces the interlocking UC on the shorts. Disappointing IMO, we need new shorts. This most recent design is really bad IMO.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now we need to change the mascot's name from Jonathan to something that fits the fierce new image. I'm thinking "Jack," which is often used as a derivation of John.

UConn Jack has a nice ring to it.

And the image does also remind me somewhat of the wolf on the Kenwood Vineyards Jack London label.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
With so many people making the comment that the new logo looks like a wolf I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor tweaks to give it more of a traditional husky look

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I can't really say one way or the other until we see the new uni's, but if they do incorporate the new husky more so than in the past, I'm willing to bet there will be a dramatic decrease in sales.
Personally, I'd just stick to my old 04 and 99 jerseys and shorts......those were epic

On the UConn site.....looking at the comments it's like 10% approve, 90% enraged......wonder how this plays out in the long run? Another "Cal re-do" in the making?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
With so many people making the comment that the new logo looks like a wolf I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor tweaks to give it more of a traditional husky look

They both look so similar, but they pretty much nailed this husky:

Wolf (left) Husky (right)
R6MiJbi.jpg

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
1959 looks like a sock puppet.
I was being sarcastic..... But what makes it so great, is it totally does look like he had Mexican last night and it's not going out as well as it went in.

Reaction Score
I can't really say one way or the other until we see the new uni's, but if they do incorporate the new husky more so than in the past, I'm willing to bet there will be a dramatic decrease in sales.
Personally, I'd just stick to my old 04 and 99 jerseys and shorts......those were epic

We never should have strayed from that design. Built our Indiana/UCLA tradition on that design. Those were some of the best digs in college bball history.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
We never should have strayed from that design. Built our Indiana/UCLA tradition on that design. Those were some of the best digs in college bball history.
Couldn't agree more

Reaction Score
After the build-up, it looks, not unexpectedly, crappy. Did a K-6er design it? The current one has much more panache.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

On the UConn site.....looking at the comments it's like 10% approve, 90% enraged......wonder how this plays out in the long run? Another "Cal re-do" in the making?
They are not targeting existing fans. They are targeting new fans. I'd say it's a safe bet that apparel branded with this logo will increase sales significantly.

Why do you think almost every professional team has "alternate" uniforms/caps that have black as one of the primary colors? Because kids think it's cooler and it sells. Same thinking that went into this redesign, as well as the other schools that have done the same.

Reaction Score
OK - red outline definitely makes a difference.
The original image was too milquetoast for my taste.
This has some BITE to it.

Also like the blue eyes - gives it some depth. It's growing on me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can you post that again, I think it does look like that.
huskies_logo.jpg

I was talking about my avatar by my name, but I think this is the picture you are thinking of.

Reaction Score
The red outline makes it look way better, it really pops out at you.

Reaction Score
I like it better with the red but still not a big fan. It looks like the husky is wearing KISS make up. The mask is just not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom