new logo leaked? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This thread is a perfect example of how you can never please all of the people all of the time, or, alternatively, that some people can never be satisfied.

It's a dog people. A DOG. There are only so many ways you can portray a dog and still have it be a dog. The Washington Huskies happen to have the exact same dog for a mascot. So how far apart can two logos be? What do you want? Twinkle? 3 dimensions? Use of pink? What? What would make you happy? Not change?

Do you want some fricken' lazer beams? Is that what it would take?

Lazers beams would be cool....

Honestly I think the logo looks fine except for one tiny detail. There is one thing that seperates our husky from all the other huskies in college sports..... our husky is ALL WHITE.

If they kept the same design and made the husky all white it would look like our husky and not like all the other ones.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I put the new logo above "meh" status. It's a corporate husky. Expected nothing less. It will grow on me.

Reaction Score
I believe its Student Activities, same with the cheer squad
Co-Ed Service Frat Alpha Phi Omega are the ones that take care of him, after the predecessor to SUBOG got rid of Jonathan in the 60's because he was "a symbol of the man".

Reaction Score
I put the new logo above "meh" status. It's a corporate husky. Expected nothing less. It will grow on me.
If this is indeed it, and I am a little skeptical, I agree with you. Some guy who was directed to come up with a blah logo did his job. I'd prefer all white, since our husky has been all white forever, but Nike knows best, again if this is indeed it.

Reaction Score
Co-Ed Service Frat Alpha Phi Omega are the ones that take care of him, after the predecessor to SUBOG got rid of Jonathan in the 60's because he was "a symbol of the man".
Yes APO takes care of the live dog. We were referring to the mascot suit.

Reaction Score

Honestly I think the logo looks fine except for one tiny detail. There is one thing that seperates our husky from all the other huskies in college sports..... our husky is ALL WHITE.

If they kept the same design and made the husky all white it would look like our husky and not like all the other ones.
I present an all white Jonathan...

There you go, all white... but yes its probably a bit heavy on the blue, but that doesn't mean were going away from an all white dog,

Reaction Score
Well, the "gazing wistfully into the middle distance" was the mantra of previous administrations so it's a start. There is supposed to be a new University logo as well. Will they be unveiled together?

"Gazing at the trophies"

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I think they should bring back "skinny jeans" and see what he can do on MS Paint.

Is it horrible? No way, could of been a whole lot worse

Is it an upgrade? Hell No...... Our current huskie is "classic uconn" ....now we're just another face in the crowd. Too generic for me.. But in the end it's just a logo

Now if they go and do something drastic and totally change the bball uni's, I might have to visit CO and break that Kaczynski fella out of supermax;)

Reaction Score
I like it a lot. People complaining that it's not all white, neither was our first Jonathan, maybe the next dog wont be all white, who cares. Like it better with the red tongue though (on the blue shirts not the white).

Reaction Score
There is supposed to be a new University logo as well. Will they be unveiled together?

I didnt hear the new University logo thing... just thought the logo for athletics was changing..?

Reaction Score
I didnt hear the new University logo thing... just thought the logo for athletics was changing..?
That's what I heard too. Well not exactly. they are using UConn for everything. Changing the husky, and using the oakleaf as the University symbol (outside athletics). So that won't change.

Reaction Score
I like it. It's good. And I feared it would be incredibly bad. I've seen bad "upgrades" for my teams, Pat to Elvis and Buffalo Sabres-Cross to the slug. Was expecting more "ugh." This isn't bad. It looks pretty good. I think they should get rid of the toupee and just go all white though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Ack no. The all white was the problem. You know what you see when something is all white? Nothing. I'm sure the first thing the artist said is this "if you want it to look decent, it can't be all white". Contrast is required. This blends our colors together perfectly and it finally looks like a husky instead of a fluffy samoyed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like the rendition in the UL hand corner of SB nation. The husky rendition on the shirt is too much of a caricature. Maybe of the smile was a little less strange I would find it better.

I was told that pure breed huskies have black on their backs. Not sure if true but if that's the case than Jonathan is a mongrel. Maybe future dogs can be pure breeds.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
For branding/merchandising purposes, let me tell all the naysayers this: NOBODY who's not a UConn alumnus or fan is impressed with our current smiling and staring husky logo. It may be unique but it is completely unremarkable. It is not in any way, shape or form a "cool" logo. This one is much cooler. Is it special? Not really. But it's cooler looking. And that is what it's all about, frankly. And at least our mascot won't be the dog from Up (for a dog, our mascot looks like a ).

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I've seen the logo myself in the Marketing Directors office and I can confirm that is indeed the final logo to be released next week.

Reaction Score
It reminds me too much of the Minnesota Timberwolves logo, just less aggressive. Was hoping for something more with a little more personality. Could have done better.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Well atleast they didn't duck* up the UCONN wordmark

Here's hoping they keep the husky as a secondary logo, and just role with UCONN

Reaction Score
I like the rendition in the UL hand corner of SB nation. The husky rendition on the shirt is too much of a caricature. Maybe of the smile was a little less strange I would find it better.

I was told that pure breed huskies have black on their backs. Not sure if true but if that's the case than Jonathan is a mongrel. Maybe future dogs can be pure breeds.
Not so according to the American Kennel Club and the International Siberian husky Club. Huskies can be pretty much any color and multiple variesties and patterns. There are actually 2 shades of white. White, which Jonathan XI and his predecessors have been (except J I) and Isabelle white, which has a more yellow tone to it.

Reaction Score
I think as far as changes go i'm fine with this one, it's not bad that's the most important thing, And since all logos seem ten times better than they are the longer they've been around i'm sure 20 years from now it'll be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom