new logo leaked? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I wonder of there is a connection between the closing down of huskywear.com and this rebranding. The rebranding comes as a crushing blow to all the apparel that was in stock. Here's hoping we see Scott Yeager again.

Reaction Score
I think the change may be whats bothering some...not the logo. At least in my opinion, this is pretty cool, fairly unique, and definitly a husky. I'm in the "I was cool with the old Jonathan" camp but since they decided to change it I am pretty happy with the outcome.

Reaction Score
husky-dog-1.jpg

not bad...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As for looking like (the UConn blog’s) logo, that doesn’t really surprise me. Why? A UK-based graphic artist named Fraser Davidson has done work with Nike redesigning logos. When SB Nation relaunched itself about six months ago guess who it hired to make new logos for all the sites? Fraser Davidson.

Reaction Score
I like it a lot. Hopefully we get the logo back on the side of our basketball shorts. Having UConn vertically up the shorts is meh to me. I think we're the only school in the country with our school's name on it's basketball shorts.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
When are we re-branding to the Wolves? That's not really a husky, especially our all-white Jonathan.

I Still like the logo, a lot, but what's with the mask?

Reaction Score
husky-dog-1.jpg

not bad...
Agreed..warming up to it as well but for some reason I keep covering up the red tongue with my white cursor...don't mind the red outline, thought it would be worse but still don't like the red tongue...keep it white like the girls shirt

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For the visually inclined ... it looks nothing like any of the other listed schools. In fact, it looks MUCH better.

images

images

If you took off the word mark of all three and showed them to a fan outside the three fanbases. Would they be able to ID ours as UCONN? No. That is not the case today. Losing brand recognition just as we are drifting into conference oblivion is not a good idea.

Don't mind changing the logo, but it needs to be white and needs to illicit a connection to UCONN. This doesn't.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
From official UConn twitter:

@UConn 19m
The red's used when we have the UConn Athletics name underneath. When it's just the Husky, it will be no red.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I want red alternate jerseys!
They considered that possibility in the Wordmark sheet. It would look good but I'm still not so sure.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

@UConn 19m
The red's used when we have the UConn Athletics name underneath. When it's just the Husky, it will be no red.

To echo everyone else, the red made it really pop an stand out for me.

So much for unifying the uniform!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If you took off the word mark of all three and showed them to a fan outside the three fanbases. Would they be able to ID ours as UCONN? No. That is not the case today. Losing brand recognition just as we are drifting into conference oblivion is not a good idea.

Don't mind changing the logo, but it needs to be white and needs to illicit a connection to UCONN. This doesn't.

Of course it wouldn't ... it's new. I'm not sure what people want here. That's not even accounting for the fact that no one gives a about Northern Illinois or Washington.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the new logo, but I guess I am still a bigger fan of the old logo. Just personal preference.

Reaction Score
My heart jumped much less when seeing the new logo compared to when we debuted our new uniforms in 2008, and again in 2010. Good to know Nike isn't destroying everything UConn related!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

@UConn 19m
Bit of a let down......was totally unenthusiastic about the new logo, until I saw it with the red outline.....they should make it that way across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom