New Defensive Coordinator - Billy Crocker of Villanova | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Defensive Coordinator - Billy Crocker of Villanova

Reaction Score
Is Crocker going to be the DL coach? It would seem to make sense but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

Reaction Score
Looks like not assigned specific position guessing if running his system probably ends up helping out wholley and cox with safeties and linebackers a bit on different assignments and coverages

Reaction Score
They guy probably has a track record of taking kids and coaching them up. It's what we need. The defense regressed this last year. To give up almost 90 points to Powerhouses East Carolina and Tulane was an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
It's rare to heard attack and edsall in the same defensive conversation.

Edsall has been a classic bend but don't brake defense coach his entire career.

I have no idea how this will play out. No one does. We may get a preview during the spring game. But it will be fall practice before we really know.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's rare to heard attack and edsall in the same defensive conversation.

Edsall has been a classic bend but don't brake defense coach his entire career.

I have no idea how this will play out. No one does. We may get a preview during the spring game. But it will be fall practice before we really know.

Since when have you needed information to have an opinion?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm excited for anything but bend-and-don't-break. Enough Vanilla.

20.jpg

Reaction Score
I really like this hire. Young coach with a track record of success. His base might be the 3-3-5 but I'm sure he'll employ multiple looks. After what your fans have endured watching on both sides of the ball over the last 3-4 seasons, you deserve some coaches that will at least to put an entertaining product on the field.

Reaction Score
Seriously, the Kraken needs to be released on both sides of the ball. It should be attack-mode on both sides, especially on defense. There's a fair amount of talent to do a bit of damage with the right schemes. And I'm assuming this staff won't be timid or stingy about making necessary adjustments, either. Teams aren't winning respect and championships in this sport playing conservative, patty-cake ball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll admit that I am not familiar with this hire. What I am familiar with is HCRE's track record in hiring (see Todd Orlando). He's bringing in a young & innovative coach with an excellent track record. That's good enough for me. Now let's roll!

I agree, but it's a players' game. Let's hope the players are as enthusiatic as we are.

C

Chief00

It will be interesting how the coordinators theories hold up over the season with Edsall who is more conservative and basic.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It will be interesting how the coordinators theories hold up over the season with Edsall who is more conservative and basic.

I don't know about that.

I think Edsall wants to win above any particular scheme. I think our conservative RE1.0 had more to do with having RBs and a good line than overarching philosophy.

I'm sure we won't be high tempo sitting on a lead or blitzing but that's more about giving us the best chance to win.

(Sitting a lead - do you remember that???)

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Breaking news: #nbcct sports has learned that Waterford native Billy Crocker is leaving DC job at Villanova to be @UConnFootball def. coor.
We get a stud, now a dud, makes sense.. really we couldn't do better???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom