New Black Uniforms | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Black Uniforms

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have nothing to offer here regarding my logo preference or opinion of which is better.

However, your transition from 8 indisputable facts to a self-scaffolded personality argument is cheapening and beneath you.
Uh, thank you?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has changed a number of times over the years

There's your all white Husky, that should be the logo
View attachment 68087
This makes me wonder if there's a work-up somewhere in which an all-white husky (with blue accents for visual contrast & greater impact) was used with the symmetrical image currently in use. My guess would be Yes, and that it got out-voted.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Uh, thank you?
To the extent that you might be arguing that the current logo represents evolution without improvement, a "thank you" wouldn't be appropriate. It was a recognition that you'd abandoned your use of "reason, " and a call for you to elevate rather than degrade.

Ultimately, it's your choice, and simply my opinion that you cheapened yourself and are capable of better.

Reaction Score
I love how so many people were adamant the uni’s were blue. Glad we can confirm they are black.
I think recruits and players dig them and that’s what matters.
I remember when the gray uniforms came out there were so many people on here saying it was white and not gray. People on the BY will just have you questioning everything you know about colors I guess.

CL82

Reaction Score
To the extent that you might be arguing that the current logo represents evolution without improvement, a thank you wouldn't be appropriate. It was a recognition that you'd abandoned your use of "reason" and a call for you to elevate rather than degrade. Ultimately, it's your choice, and simply my opinion that you cheapened and are capable of better.
No the “uh, thank you” is for the “you were capable of better” comment which, though backhanded, is a compliment… of a sort. The fact that you didn’t suggest that superJohn is better is duly noted.

Reaction Score
I don't like it, but ugly alternate uniforms are an inevitable result of modern day branding and marketing.

Just be thankful we aren't Oregon Ducks fans. Or even worse, if we had red jerseys.

Reaction Score
This makes me wonder if there's a work-up somewhere in which an all-white husky (with blue accents for visual contrast & greater impact) was used with the symmetrical image currently in use. My guess would be Yes, and that it got out-voted.

All white husky was clearly racist

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No the “uh, thank you” is for the “you were capable of better” comment which, though backhanded, is a compliment… of a sort. The fact that you didn’t suggest that superJohn is better is duly noted.
Actually, once you shifted away from the substantive subject to your lesser argument, he offered a stronger response. You (or someone else) had already noted that he rarely shifts of his topical position. Heck, you could even have noted that he brought up the "million times" exaggeration, if you wanted to switch to a non-content criticism. Yours was like an unforced error.

Again, it's more an observation than a passion for me to bring up that you constructed a speculation and then offered a follow-up based on the constructed speculation. In terms of building upon a strong foundation, there just ain't no there there.

Some people like the asymetrical white samoyed-looking dog more than the blue symmetrical more wolfish-looking husky, and vice versa. And I note that your avatar holds proportions akin to the latter, so I'm thinking that it can't be fully objectionable to you.

CL82

Reaction Score
Actually, once you shifted away from the substantive subject to your lesser argument, he offered a stronger response. You (or someone else) had already noted that he rarely shifts of his topical position. Heck, you could even have noted that he brought up the "million times" exaggeration, if you wanted to switch to a non-content criticism. Yours was like an unforced error.

Again, it's more an observation than a passion for me to bring up that you constructed a speculation and then offered a follow-up based on the constructed speculation. In terms of building upon a strong foundation, there just ain't no there there.

Some people like the asymetrical white samoyed-looking dog more than the blue symmetrical more wolfish-looking husky, and vice versa. And I note that your avatar holds proportions akin to the latter, so I'm thinking that it can't be fully objectionable to you.
Thank you your insight and counsel is always a welcome contribution to the board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't like it, but ugly alternate uniforms are an inevitable result of modern day branding and marketing.

Just be thankful we aren't Oregon Ducks fans. Or even worse, if we had red jerseys.
Or Maryland…

Reaction Score
I LOVE black uniform but these aren't too good.
Would look better with White and Silver trim instead of the Blue and Red. You see white and silver without red in other UConn logos.
These black ins would look better without blue or red and the Uconn name and number should be in silver.
Or maybe FRIARS across the front. Black uniforms with white lettering. Perfect

Reaction Score

Well he did lay out a number of facts. It is a fact that for 75 years( I think he said about 80, which is close I think) since Jonathan II, UConn used a white husky as its mascot. Whether it was a Samoyed or a true Husky is sort of irrelevant. And fwiw it is also true that at least one of the live mascots was a Samoyed. It was a unique and easily recognizable brand. Across the nation people knew it as “the UCONN HUSKY” The current multi-colored clip art husky with the sad face seems to have been designed to meet 3 or possibly 3 objectives. It was cheap and easy to reproduce, it was free, it allowed Nike to sell new gear, and it allowed our AD at the time to fail at designing a football helmet reminiscent of the Michigan winged design. Which was probably one of his lesser failures since he oversaw a. Hiring Diaco. b. Hiring Ollie. c. Getting out-maneuvered for the ACC spot because he had to go to the Virgin Islands while the Louisville guys went on the talk show, political and university circuits drumming up support. But it was a failure none the less. Oh, and he failed at the sole thing he was hired for, too. Getting us out of the APR ban.

this didn’t start out as a blast Warde post, but any time one discusses the decline of UConn’s national profile in athletics all roads invariably lead to Warde Manuel.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well he did lay out a number of facts. It is a fact that for 75 years( I think he said about 80, which is close I think) since Jonathan II, UConn used a white husky as its mascot. Whether it was a Samoyed or a true Husky is sort of irrelevant. And fwiw it is also true that at least one of the live mascots was a Samoyed. It was a unique and easily recognizable brand. Across the nation people knew it as “the UCONN HUSKY” The current multi-colored clip art husky with the sad face seems to have been designed to meet 3 or possibly 3 objectives. It was cheap and easy to reproduce, it was free, it allowed Nike to sell new gear, and it allowed our AD at the time to fail at designing a football helmet reminiscent of the Michigan winged design. Which was probably one of his lesser failures since he oversaw a. Hiring Diaco. b. Hiring Ollie. c. Getting out-maneuvered for the ACC spot because he had to go to the Virgin Islands while the Louisville guys went on the talk show, political and university circuits drumming up support. But it was a failure none the less. Oh, and he failed at the sole thing he was hired for, too. Getting us out of the APR ban.

this didn’t start out as a blast Warde post, but any time one discusses the decline of UConn’s national profile in athletics all roads invariably lead to Warde Manuel.
'any time one discusses the decline of UConn’s national profile in athletics'
fail.
'
In this article, we showcase the colleges across the nation who have boasted the most successful athletic programs of all time.' may 3, 2021.
The 30 Most Successful College Sports Programs | BestCollegeReviews
ol state u? number 4.
we're number 4!
we're number 4!
mess with us, and we'll show u the door, cuz
we're number 4!

can't wait for the chess team's new merch. i'm getting both the t, and the hoodie. no way that they come out in anything but national flag blue and white.
black, or green, or mauve, would be redunkulous, tho i did hear that the new jonathan logo will include some guys chewed off leg in wolfies' maw, so, ok, i guess it may have to have some red in it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LoL We are the only one on the list that owes its rank to a single sport. Thanks Geno. Basically read “the men play baseball and basketball, too.”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have lost track what anyone's even talking about at this point.

The black unis (or dark navy) are pretty cool, but alternates aren't meant as a replacement. No need to get too huffy about it. The white "CONNECTICUT" jerseys that are a reprise of the 90s ones are the best things we have going. I can't wait to buy one.

Also, I think a red alternate would have been kinda cool, but probably a bit much. I thought the idea of a grey one was awesome but I hated them when put into practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom