New Black Uniforms | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Black Uniforms

Reaction Score
Agreed, so why not agree on those eight points, they are all correct, right?

(The answer is, because you are, literally, not capable of it and that’s just amuses the heck out of me.)
You can't possibly be this dumb.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It is clearly very dark blue (the tee shirt under it is black but faded. Compare also the very dark blue vs black
in the de Paul comparison. Very common for guys to have problems with colorblindness. I have trouble distinguishing a lot of light greens and grays.

Reaction Score
I'd like them a little more with some small touches - maybe make the "Huskies" in cursive like in the old logo

1624131124156.png

Then throw this guy on the sides of the shorts and I think you really have something here

1624131264281.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You can't possibly be this dumb.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of your posts call other people names rather than actually trying to make a reasoned the argument? Do you think that might be because you don’t feel confident in your opinions?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has changed a number of times over the years

There's your all white Husky, that should be the logo
1624131646441.png

Attachments

• 20210619_154219.jpg
    20210619_154219.jpg
    986.8 KB · Views: 185
Reaction Score
Have you ever noticed that a lot of your posts a calling other people names rather than actually trying to make a reason the argument? Do you think that might be because you don’t feel confident in your opinions?
I didn't call you a name and I think you just answered what I was wondering.

CL82

Reaction Score
I didn't call you a name and I think you just answered what I was wondering.
I understand John. It must be tough feeling that you are never quite good enough.

Reaction Score
Just so everyone knows, it’s confirmed that the uniform is in fact black and NOT blue. Had to clarify because someone suggested I might be colorblind hahaha

Just saw Tyrese commenting on CFJ’s picture saying “you got to wear the black uniform before me”

Reaction Score
I'd like them a little more with some small touches - maybe make the "Huskies" in cursive like in the old logo

View attachment 68085

Then throw this guy on the sides of the shorts and I think you really have something here

View attachment 68086
I respect anyone's opinion BUT imo, these logos stink big time. So hokey and weak. Too smiley and friendly.
The current logo is HELLA FIRE!!!!!

Reaction Score
I respect anyone's opinion BUT imo, these logos stink big time. So hokey and weak. Too smiley and friendly.
The current logo is HELLA FIRE!!!!!
Haha ya but the Husky’s holding a friggin musket

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The actual impact of the logo change on the current state of the program is so hilariously overblown. No one is going to make their fandom choices based on their thoughts about this logo vs the last one and the current recruits were probably still in diapers during the heyday of the last logo.
What a ridiculous statement. No one outside of New England gave a _____ about the dog with the tongue hanging out of its mouth versus whatever the one we have now. Any "rebuilding of brand recognition" is because the team stunk for a while. Even back in the Calhoun heyday, it's not like that samoyed was the thing people thought about when they thought of UConn.

Late 1970's. Living in a household with various allegiances to northeast schools.

Saw a cool picture of an all white Husky and pics of Corny Thompson and Mike McKay.

That was my influence to root for UConn. Also was a fan of Louisville.

If UConn had douchey dark blue or black jerseys, never would have adopted UConn as my team.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm convinced CL82 and some others don't know what a Husky looks like. We never had continuity with our brand since we've been really good at basketball. The actual dog they used was a Husky but when it came to the logo they went with a Samoyed, they changed it a little but all they did was a change in color outline and made the sticking out tongue bright red to make it look more cartoonish but it was still a Samoyed. We now actually have a Husky logo, I think it looks badarse but I get if others don't particularly like the look of it. We actually have a Husky logo now and we didn't used to, that's indisputable.
Sigh, come on now John don’t make me post pictures of all the white huskies we’ve had over the last eighty years. I mean you realize those were huskies right? Or do you think that our mascot over the last eighty years have all been white Samoyed. It’s fine to see you like the new logo better, some people do, about 38% of The Boneyard if I recall correctly, but that doesn’t mean that the mascot we’ve had over the last eighty years wasn’t a husky. You realize that, right?

CL82

Reaction Score
Late 1970's. Living in a household with various allegiances to northeast schools.

Saw a cool picture of an all white Husky and pics of Corny Thompson and Mike McKay.

That was my influence to root for UConn. Also was a fan of Louisville.

If UConn had douchey dark blue or black jerseys, never would have adopted UConn as my team.
Seriously? In all honesty it wouldn’t of made a difference to me one way or the other. On a sidenote, I became a you can see in just before the Corny Thompson era.

Reaction Score
For some reason it won’t let me add the picture, but Corey Floyd’s instagram story is the first look at our black uniforms. I LOVE them
I may get flamed for this but i think theyre straight trash! Looks awful. Nike should give me or some other people on here a call and i guarantee we`d come up with something way better than that crap.

Reaction Score
I still don't get why everybody gotta have a Black uni now...
Because when Nike(or Under Armour or Adidas, etc.) say "Jump," and schools, not just UCONN of course, say, "How high?" (UCONN's $32.4 Million contract with Nike...extended in June of 2017, of which UCONN may spend near $1.3 Million a year at its discretion over the length of the contract, while the Balance, $23.4 Million, comes through in Uniforms, gear, equipment, and apparel. If Nike dictates within each schools contract what uniforms that school can or cannot wear that's it. )
My personal 2 cents is UCONN's colors are (Navy)Blue and White. (and an occasional minimal red and/or grey), Black, No. But the bottom line is the Player INSIDE the uniforms and how they perform.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do you think it that might be because you don’t feel confident in your opinions?

I understand John. It must be tough feeling that you are never quite good enough.

I have nothing to offer here regarding my logo preference or opinion of which is better.

However, your transition from 8 indisputable facts to a self-scaffolded personality argument is cheapening and beneath you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom