New Black Uniforms | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Black Uniforms

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That haven't bought any UConn merchandise in 30 years.
Did we replace the white dog with the blue wolf 30 years ago? It doesn’t seem quite that long.

Reaction Score
fine, u want black? ok, just slap this on the back of a white uni, large, and with only the players number under it. hollywood. garuntee.

s-l1000.jpg
Love it, have been looking for some all black UConn flex fit hats but black and white logo on black would be great as well. Anyone know where I can find them?

Reaction Score
Did we replace the white dog with the blue wolf 30 years ago? It doesn’t seem quite that long.
Again, this is what a try hard does.

You're trying to create something that isn't there.

Reaction Score
IMO the changing of the logo is one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the athletic department. Whether you like the logo or not isn’t the problem. When they changed the logo it took away our identity and a brand that was easily recognized across the country.
Are people still bitching and moaning about this? It’s been like ten years.

Reaction Score
Are people still bitching and moaning about this? It’s been like ten years.
He's not wrong though. The old logo was one of the most recognizable in the entire country and synonymous with our success as a basketball program. Changing the logo obviously didn't cause our basketball woes, but it feels like we need to completely rebuild our brand recognition because of it.

And for people who don't think logos are important, go take marketing 101. A recognizable brand logo is extremely extremely important

CL82

Reaction Score
Again, this is what a try hard does.

You're trying to create something that isn't there.
Actually, you and I can reach agreement on this issue at any time. Basically the facts are all known. As much as it amuses me that you are always willing to throw down on this issue, if you’d like, we could agree to them all right now. Let’s see…
1) For approximately 80 years you can had a white husky has a mascot.
2) At least one of those dogs was actually a Samoyed / my husky mix.
3) no other division one school has a white husky as their mascot, but multiple schools have black and white husky as their masco
4) Two logos before the current one, the student artist who one a contest to update the logo based his drawing on his white Samoyed.
5) in the last logo re-design the school abandoned the decades long tradition of having an all white dog as both their physical mascot and their logo.
6) Susan Herbst publicly gave as the basis for this change that there is no such thing as a white husky.
7) There are in fact all white huskies.

Do you disagree as to any of those statements of fact, if so, which one, and why?

I’m betting that you won’t actually answer this post, because you tend to get locked in on positions, even if they’re wrong.

Reaction Score
Actually, you and I can reach agreement on this issue at any time. Basically the facts are all known. As much as it amuses me that you are always willing to throw down on this issue, if you’d like, we could agree to them all right now. Let’s see…
1) For approximately 80 years you can had a white husky has a mascot.
2) At least one of those dogs was actually a Samoyed / my husky mix.
3) no other division one school has a white husky as their mascot, but multiple schools have black and white husky as their masco
4) Two logos before the current one, the student artist who one a contest to update the logo based his drawing on his white Samoyed.
5) in the last logo re-design the school abandoned the decades long tradition of having an all white dog as both their physical mascot and their logo.
6) Susan Herbst publicly gave as the basis for this change that there is no such thing as a white husky.
7) There are in fact all white huskies.

Do you disagree as to any of those statements of fact, if so, which one, and why?

I’m betting that you won’t actually answer this post, because you tend to get locked in on positions, even if they’re wrong.
If you want to see the old Samoyed logo just go to any game at the Civic Center (they changed the name to XL center god help us) and you'll still see it on the majority of the over 60 crowd on every ugly old sweatshirt and Starter jacket bought at Bob's 30 years ago.

Reaction Score
He's not wrong though. The old logo was one of the most recognizable in the entire country and synonymous with our success as a basketball program. Changing the logo obviously didn't cause our basketball woes, but it feels like we need to completely rebuild our brand recognition because of it.

And for people who don't think logos are important, go take marketing 101. A recognizable brand logo is extremely extremely important
The actual impact of the logo change on the current state of the program is so hilariously overblown. No one is going to make their fandom choices based on their thoughts about this logo vs the last one and the current recruits were probably still in diapers during the heyday of the last logo.

Reaction Score

What a ridiculous statement. No one outside of New England gave a _____ about the dog with the tongue hanging out of its mouth versus whatever the one we have now. Any "rebuilding of brand recognition" is because the team stunk for a while. Even back in the Calhoun heyday, it's not like that samoyed was the thing people thought about when they thought of UConn.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Why is age the last thing you can still be an ignorant bigot about?
Someone should clue the millennials in on where they're headed.

I don't mind a good joke about age but stupid, negative, adolescent remarks that show you feel you are superior to an entire group of people? It just shows you're not.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. No one outside of New England gave a _____ about the dog with the tongue hanging out of its mouth versus whatever the one we have now. Any "rebuilding of brand recognition" is because the team stunk for a while. Even back in the Calhoun heyday, it's not like that samoyed was the thing people thought about when they thought of UConn.
I’ve had people ask me what the new logo was when traveling. No one ever asked me about the old logo.

Reaction Score
I’ve had people ask me what the new logo was when traveling. No one ever asked me about the old logo.
Love the new logo.
Hated the old weak smiling Husky logo.
New logo looks clean, crisp, fresh and fierce.
Absolutely love New logo.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing that people still call it a wolf. If you don’t like it fine, but at the unveiling they literally showed a picture of the Husky they modeled it off of and it was almost an exact match. It’s also ironic because the “Husky” that you want back wasn’t actually a Husky.

Also, uniform is fire but these daisy dukes need to go. It went from too big to too small. How about shorts that fit?

Reaction Score
Love the new logo.
Hated the old weak smiling Husky logo.
New logo looks clean, crisp, fresh and fierce.
Absolutely love New logo.
I'm not telling people to not love the logo. My point was it was a huge mistake by the athletic department/university to change the logo. The program lost their identity by switching conferences and logo at the same exact time.

Reaction Score
I'm not telling people to not love the logo. My point was it was a huge mistake by the athletic department/university to change the logo. The program lost their identity by switching conferences and logo at the same exact time.
You keep spinning this narrative and I fully you to spew this nonsense until the end of time, but it doesn't make it right. The program lost its identity because we sucked at basketball, full stop. Nobody stopped caring about UConn because the logo changed, they stopped caring because we played on ESPN100 against East Carolina and nobody cares about watching that game

Reaction Score
You keep spinning this narrative and I fully you to spew this nonsense until the end of time, but it doesn't make it right. The program lost its identity because we sucked at basketball, full stop. Nobody stopped caring about UConn because the logo changed, they stopped caring because we played on ESPN100 against East Carolina and nobody cares about watching that game
I never said it was fully on the logo but it plays a part in it. If you don't think it played a part in it I don't know what to tell you.

CL82

Reaction Score
@superjohn
Your inability to dispute those eight facts is duly noted. [chuckle]

Reaction Score
Someone off board reminded me, these are Black unis, not black unis

Reaction Score
It’s amazing that people still call it a wolf. If you don’t like it fine, but at the unveiling they literally showed a picture of the Husky they modeled it off of and it was almost an exact match. It’s also ironic because the “Husky” that you want back wasn’t actually a Husky.

Also, uniform is fire but these daisy dukes need to go. It went from too big to too small. How about shorts that fit?
I'm convinced CL82 and some others don't know what a Husky looks like. We never had continuity with our brand since we've been really good at basketball. The actual dog they used was a Husky but when it came to the logo they went with a Samoyed, they changed it a little but all they did was a change in color outline and made the sticking out tongue bright red to make it look more cartoonish but it was still a Samoyed. We now actually have a Husky logo, I think it looks badarse but I get if others don't particularly like the look of it. We actually have a Husky logo now and we didn't used to, that's indisputable.

Reaction Score
@superjohn
Your inability to dispute those eight facts is duly noted. [chuckle]
We've done this dance a million times and it's tiresome, my point was if he misses the old Samoyed logo so much he should go to the XL and look at you in your 30 year old UConn sweatshirt and acid wash Jordache jeans.

CL82

Reaction Score
We've done this dance a million times and it's tiresome, my point was if he misses the old Samoyed logo so much he should go to the XL and look at you in your 30 year old UConn sweatshirt and acid wash Jordache jeans.
Agreed, so why not agree on those eight points, they are all correct, right?

(The answer is, because you are, literally, not capable of it and that’s just amuses the heck out of me.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom