New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have felt the same way all along. I do believe they are closer than ever.

One of the few things that would make them closer than ever is coming away from the College Playoff discussions without some form of tie-in. I don't think money is going to be an issue for them; not due to some moral stance but rather an understanding that joining a conference that you don't win makes you "just another team", whereas going 8-4 every year but being on national tv every game keeps you in the spotlight. Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
i told u guys hes great for theorys and ****. thats basically been my thing....

You need to start quoting your own Tweets then so you can get some props for all the crazy swaps/conferences/random $**t you always have! I mean that in the nicest way possible! :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You need to start quoting your own Tweets then so you can get some props for all the crazy swaps/conferences/random $**t you always have! I mean that in the nicest way possible! :)

lol no offense taken. i dont tweet this stuff. i'm not looking for a national audience of message board ppl. i just let my stance be heard here becuase i think alot here are looking at it wrong. i enjoy swaim, the dude, mvheer and others for what they are and i enjoy the wvu board. thats all.

Reaction Score
and u guys are missing the boat on this. WE WANT ND TO THE B12. yes i siad that. why? becuas all along our best shot at a big 4 invite is a hope and prayer from the b10. well if nd passes on the b10 for the b12, then the b10 has 4 slots to fill. unc/uva/md/ruty/uconn are the targets. 1 will get left out, thats a good chance for us of getting in.

if nd went to the b10, then thats 3 spots open for the same 5 schools, less of a chance plus the fact that nd wants md for dc alum going to games. nd could potentialy bring md to the b12 with them as #16. that would leave uva/unc/ruty/uconn for the b10. HUGE NEWS if your a b10 dreamer. but again, swaim is all con thoery(something i enjoy) until it happens...

UConn is going to the B10 before Syracuse and Pitt?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UConn is going to the B10 before Syracuse and Pitt?

is that a joke? pitt will never go to the b10 becuase of psu. cuse doesn't fit the b10 lifestyle minus northwestern. no chance imho.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
lol no offense taken. i dont tweet this stuff. i'm not looking for a national audience of message board ppl. i just let my stance be heard here becuase i think alot here are looking at it wrong. i enjoy swaim, the dude, mvheer and others for what they are and i enjoy the wvu board. thats all.

You deserve one.

Reaction Score
so, if Clemson, FSU, Louisville and ND all goto the Big12. And VaTech and NC State go to the SEC...what's left? I am going to assume that the basketball schools break off from the Big East. That leaves Big East: (Uconn, Rutgers, Cincy, USF, Temple, UCF, SMU, Houston, SDSU, Boise) and ACC: (Maryland, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, UNC, Duke, GTech, UVa, Miami and Wake). Of course the SEC and Big10 could easily poach GTech, Rutgers, UNC, Pitt, UVa, Syracuse or Uconn) but let's just say they won't for now. Will the ACC then invite UConn and Rutgers? I can't see them inviting anyone else academically. That get's them to 12 teams and a championship game, blah blah blah. the basketball would be great of course. and Uconn would fit in football-wise. Its not the best case, but its not a total disaster and still better in terms of traditional rivalries than the garbage NBE

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Really no hate at all. Your boozing husky is my favorite avatar of all time.

I still like Jimmy's Girls avatar but Dan's is a close second

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm still having a hard time of ND selling to their alumni playing Iowa St, Kansas St, Kansas, Baylor, TCU, Texas, TT, Oklahoma and OSU.

Their traditional rivalries with USC, Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Navy and even BCU means more than half of them are gone.

I'm more apt to believe a pre-emtive move to the B1G or ACC. Only way I see ND going to the Big12 is if its the last option, not the first option.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm still having a hard time of ND selling to their alumni playing Iowa St, Kansas St, Kansas, Baylor, TCU, Texas, TT, Oklahoma and OSU.

Their traditional rivalries with USC, Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Navy and even BCU means more than half of them are gone.

I'm more apt to believe a pre-emtive move to the B1G or ACC. Only way I see ND going to the Big12 is if its the last option, not the first option.

This. ND is the most famous football program in history.

Their alums are not going to be happy playing the teams you listed in lieu of their traditional rivals.

Unless you have to be a conference champion - they are simply not joining a league.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
ND to the Big 12 would be the ultimate mindduck and a giant kick in the nuts to the Big East.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Exactly! I agree with 95% of what you just said (up until the ACC part). They will not want to part with those games, not just for the tradition, but also for the size of the audience. I've always thought that if....IF....Notre Dame joins a conference, it will be the Big10. It allows them to keep the Mich / Mich St / Purdue games, as well as being a good fit geographically, culturally, and economically. I know that ND wants to keep east coast ties, but they don't need to be in the ACC to do that.

But again, I agree with just about everything you said. It's a hard sell to the alums that the Big12 North (I'm assuming Kansas, KState, Iowa State, WVU, Oklahoma, Okla St) is the division and conference they want to be in (if the Big12 South is Texas, TCU, Fla St, Clemson, Baylor, Texas Tech, Ga Tech).

Reaction Score
and u guys are missing the boat on this. WE WANT ND TO THE B12. yes i siad that. why? becuas all along our best shot at a big 4 invite is a hope and prayer from the b10. well if nd passes on the b10 for the b12, then the b10 has 4 slots to fill. unc/uva/md/ruty/uconn are the targets. 1 will get left out, thats a good chance for us of getting in.

What's this "4 slots"? Is it because its fits some narrative about 16 team super conferences? Why 16? Why not 14? Why not 18? Why not just 12? The Pac-12 does not appear to be changing anytime soon. Why does the Big 10? It's going to get hard to justify it financially...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so, if Clemson, FSU, Louisville and ND all goto the Big12. And VaTech and NC State go to the SEC...what's left? I am going to assume that the basketball schools break off from the Big East. That leaves Big East: (Uconn, Rutgers, Cincy, USF, Temple, UCF, SMU, Houston, SDSU, Boise) and ACC: (Maryland, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, UNC, Duke, GTech, UVa, Miami and Wake). Of course the SEC and Big10 could easily poach GTech, Rutgers, UNC, Pitt, UVa, Syracuse or Uconn) but let's just say they won't for now. Will the ACC then invite UConn and Rutgers? I can't see them inviting anyone else academically. That get's them to 12 teams and a championship game, blah blah blah. the basketball would be great of course. and Uconn would fit in football-wise. Its not the best case, but its not a total disaster and still better in terms of traditional rivalries than the garbage NBE

heres my last gem for 2night as far as ct's:

i can see a time(this summer) where the b12 goes to 14 and no one else moves(until next summer or 2 away). so the acc would be miami/gt/tobacco rd/vt/va/md/cuse/pitt/bc. the whole thing is they can add ruty/uconn to get back to 14 but my argument is why should we go. it would be only a year or 2 until the big 4 goto 16, the acc would be picked apart then. if we get a b10 invite at the end of that then were gold and it didn't matter acc vs nbe. but if we don't get a b10 invite then where do u want to be? in the end this seems to be the new hot ending, i hope its dead on TRUE.

b12 + clem/fsu/lville/nd/md/gt (nd wants md for dc and gt for atl alum)
sec + vt/ncst (always talked about)
b10 + unc/uva/ruty/uconn (4 big publics that give them #1 bball and a great chunk of nyc, yankee bowl also)
pac + byu/bsu/sdsu/#schoolfromnevada (go ahead and blast me)

who gets left out of that?
miami, becuase more stuff is coming out soon from yahoo and there about to get the death penalty. they are basically a bball only now.
private schools who were dying - wake/duke/bc/cuse/pitt(yes they are not really private, then some 1 should tell them to stop acting like they are)....
up and coming publics - usf/ucf/uh/cincy/memphis/ecu....

the question is, the they combine for a 5th best conf that keeps the playoff from being exclusive anti trust wise, or do the couple private schools pack it in and go fcs and join the bball schools in a fcs fball and big time bball league. if your looking for fcs thoughts just head over to the bc board where members are voting on fcs vs killing the fball program right now. fun times.

so
Big Country Conf
uh/smu/utsa/tulane/smiss/uab/usf/ucf/ecu/tulsa/memphis/latech/temple/navy/army/mar

ACC
duke/wake/bc/cuse/pitt/nova/gtown/w&m/od/miami(one day when they get fball back)
+
sju/prov/shu/dep/marq/but or xav

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

nd could be in a east division of the b12

fsu/clem/wvu/lville/md/gt/tcu or baylor would be there yearly division games. thats not ist/kan....they would prob get a auto cross game of playing texas on tgiving day or weekend also. thats a great schedule for them.

west-tex/tt/ok/okst/kan/kst/ist/1 of baylor or tcu
east-nd/wvu/fsu/clem/gt/lville/md/1 of baylor or tcu

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What's this "4 slots"? Is it because its fits some narrative about 16 team super conferences? Why 16? Why not 14? Why not 18? Why not just 12? The Pac-12 does not appear to be changing anytime soon. Why does the Big 10? It's going to get hard to justify it financially...

16 is common belief. i hold out that the next tv contract years from now will drive conf's to 18 teams and 9 team division with each getting a playoof bid(8 team playoff). but who really knows....B1G made a new logo after adding #12, that G has a 6 in it. them not going to 16 seems a little wierd at this point...

Reaction Score
I think the more conferences that reach out to ND the longer they get to play this process out. They are not a solution to anyone's problem. They are the problem that gets in the way of anyone's long term plans. Pretty much tuned out any theory that involves them at this point because they are likely to be the last to make any move and certainly not to be counted on as a sheperd to anywhere.

Reaction Score
In a very strange way ND's decision to do nothing actually makes the BIG and SEC sit on their hands, and keeps a semblance of sanity in college football by allowing both the ACC and NBE to survive.

As for the BIG 12, as Cartman would say, "The Big 12 can suck my balls". Let them take FSU and Clemson and be UT's bitch for the next 10 years. I just hope that UL sticks in the NNBE (maybe by default if BIG 12 stays at 12). If it does I assume the ACC stays at 12 then SEC and BIG do nothing.

College Football is 100% better with 6 FB conferences (granted some better than others), is ND actually saving a 6 conference organization?

Reaction Score
In a very strange way ND's decision to do nothing actually makes the BIG and SEC sit on their hands, and keeps a semblance of sanity in college football by allowing both the ACC and NBE to survive.

As for the BIG 12, as Cartman would say, "The Big 12 can suck my balls". Let them take FSU and Clemson and be UT's bitch for the next 10 years. I just hope that UL sticks in the NNBE (maybe by default if BIG 12 stays at 12). If it does I assume the ACC stays at 12 then SEC and BIG do nothing.

College Football is 100% better with 6 FB conferences (granted some better than others), is ND actually saving a 6 conference organization?

Sometimes the most logical prediction seems like thinking out of the box. It depends on the trajectory of common wisdom at the moment. You may have something here.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
nd could be in a east division of the b12

fsu/clem/wvu/lville/md/gt/tcu or baylor would be there yearly division games. thats not ist/kan....they would prob get a auto cross game of playing texas on tgiving day or weekend also. thats a great schedule for them.

west-tex/tt/ok/okst/kan/kst/ist/1 of baylor or tcu
east-nd/wvu/fsu/clem/gt/lville/md/1 of baylor or tcu

With all due respect, Dan, if Notre Dame thought that was a great schedule, they would have already joined the ACC. They would have FSU / Clemson / Ga Tech / Maryland, and instead of WVU and Baylor, they would get Miami and BC; two teams that they have had history / rivalries with. So CLEARLY this is not a great schedule in ND's eyes. No matter how you slice it, outside of having OU / Texas / Okla St. / WVU / FSU / and Clemson in the same division as ND, they are not going to get excited...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
With all due respect, Dan, if Notre Dame thought that was a great schedule, they would have already joined the ACC. They would have FSU / Clemson / Ga Tech / Maryland, and instead of WVU and Baylor, they would get Miami and BC; two teams that they have had history / rivalries with. So CLEARLY this is not a great schedule in ND's eyes. No matter how you slice it, outside of having OU / Texas / Okla St. / WVU / FSU / and Clemson in the same division as ND, they are not going to get excited...

nd will never join the acc becuase the acc is completely owned by ESPN tv wise. nd will never sign itself away 100% to a network like ESPN. They can play that same division mostly in the b12, get more $$ becuase the conf has tex and ok(which is more than vt/fsu as far as top tops) to pair with tv wise and keep its tier 3. huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom