New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
50,000 makes UConn the largest division 1-A football stadium east of the Hudson River. It most definitely is a project that needs to be addressed, and I'm guessing now, but my opinion is that getting the expansion done, is going to be significantly less in cost than the basketball facility, or what it would take to upgrade the hockey facility on campus to hockey east standards, as I don't believe that facility, which is essentially brand new too, was built with any foresight into increasing seating capacity.

There are two I-A programs east of the Hudson River. Big whoop.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
50,000 makes UConn the largest division 1-A football stadium east of the Hudson River. It most definitely is a project that needs to be addressed, and I'm guessing now, but my opinion is that getting the expansion done, is going to be significantly less in cost than the basketball facility, or what it would take to upgrade the hockey facility on campus to hockey east standards, as I don't believe that facility, which is essentially brand new too, was built with any foresight into increasing seating capacity.

Haha - what an odd filter you have used to get our stadium to number one of somethin but i think this bosrd is creative enoufh to beat you at your nonsense. I will start... my balls are the most spherical objects between my legs

Reaction Score
A 50,000 capacity Rentschler field would be the largest 1-A college football dedicated venue in the North of Exit 9 and East of State College. Get it? Rentschler field would be the LARGEST FACILITY UNIQUELY DESIGNATED FOR DIVISION 1-A COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN THE NORTHEAST.

How is that not a source of pride for UConn fans? How come our own uconn fans are picking at that? UMass, BC? them. I say.

Fear and loathing in the Big East, that's what this is. Hunter S. would be proud of the chaos. It's also a perfect example of what somebody else wrote a whle ago that was so true, overcoming our own cynicism toward the big east. It's our biggest difficulty moving forward. The business aspect of what we've got in front of us is amazing. The PR sucks.

I wish I could give credit to who, but I don't remember. Sorry.

THe northeast is a unique place socially, economically...... The cynicism from northeasterners is unrivaled anwyhere. You travel around, and you experience people that are genuinely nice to each other, for no other reason, than just to be nice and say hi, and when somethign is good, doesn't matter, how little or insignicant it may be, people actually recognize it simply as good, rather than good, but not good enough.

But what was written, was absolutely true. One of the biggest PR problems, and image problems the Big EAst faces, is overcoming our own cyncism and self loathing, that has been perpetuated and magnified in the media for years on years.

I'm a proud Husky, and the Big East is a good place to be.

have a nice day.

Reaction Score
I haven't read too much of your stuff from the past, but you really are as naive as most others on here say about you. I cannot fathom how you think any of what you just wrote amounts to anything but complete garbage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are two I-A programs east of the Hudson River. Big whoop.

Marist is right on the Hudson River - they're already in a conference with San Diego, so a move to the Big East would hardly impact their travel budget. Plus, we nail down the media market between 67 and 73 miles from New York City.

I'll drive out there this afternoon and extend the invite.

The Big East is nothing more than a duck*ing organ donor to conferences in need. If any conference loses a school or wants to add a school, our 'great place to be' is the place they're gonna go shopping. We're not a conference, we're a mini-mart.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I haven't read too much of your stuff from the past, but you really are as naive as most others on here say about you. I cannot fathom how you think any of what you just wrote amounts to anything but complete garbage.
It is an article of faith. The rules of evidence by metrics, logic, deduction and common sense need not apply when you want to believe in something. The Big East is like Tinkerbell. If you want her to live you have to believe. And clap your hands really hard!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Getting back to the original premise of the article, that the Big East has a potential payday on the horizon, I still think there are going to be issues on how it gets divided up...Under the ESPN deal there was apparently a disagreement over how much went to the basketball onlies vs all sports, now there are football onlies to deal with as well...I would guess that the basketball schools are going to want a share equal to the football schools though reality is that basketball isn't worth the same even in the Big East. But assuming the original 75-25 split between football basketball,and a 12 year deal, the "old" Big East schools end up about where they had been under the earlier ESPN deal, around $11 million per year, the basketball schools end up about where they were, around $5 million, and the new schools end up making huge gains -$11 million for all sports and $6 million or so for football onlies. Obiviously the length of the deal, front loading vs back loading, and lots of other factors come into play, but for the "old" Big East teams I'm not sure that after all this they really did that well.

Reaction Score
Really should be. They, Harvard, Princeton, & Penn can all afford it.

Ha ... this is as confused as I get.

The Private Schools = the Occupy Wall Street?

WTF? I continue to think the Tea Party & the OWS are country cousins. Screaming about nearly the same Ol stuff. Meanwhile, the WALL STREET I know & teach about are the clowns who put together Trillions of Mortgage Backed Securities (Commercial & Residential ... then securitized virtually anything else that had CF) have skated SCOTT-FREE. I don't get how we can get outraged by the OWS on one hand ... or have the bumper sticker against the Tea Party; then, just not focus on true fraud. Securitizing CDOs when you know you have a crap asset is wrong; then, the Rating Agencies slapped on an Investment Grade.
Back to Football ...

They are still working on providing scholarships for their students. Maybe in the future they'll be able to afford it, but they are not quite there yet.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It is an article of faith. The rules of evidence by metrics, logic, deduction and common sense need not apply when you want to believe in something. The Big East is like Tinkerbell. If you want her to live you have to believe. And clap your hands really hard!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I call dibs on the ruby slippers.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LOL, holy just when I thought I've seen it all.

"UConn will have the biggest D1A Football Stadium East of the Hudson River"

I...I can't even begin to comment on just how utterly asinine, stupid and moronic that sounds.

Reaction Score
LOL, holy just when I thought I've seen it all.

"UConn will have the biggest D1A Football Stadium East of the Hudson River"

I...I can't even begin to comment on just how utterly asinine, stupid and moronic that sounds.
Oh boy, now we have three BU football fans! Our fandom has tripled in the last few hours! We have the highest growing percentage of football fans of the last four hours of anyone!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We're not a conference, we're a mini-mart.

If the Big East is a mini-mart, what is UConn? Whatever it is, it seems like we are past the sell-by date.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If the Big East is a mini-mart, what is UConn? Whatever it is, it seems like we are past the sell-by date.

Hopefully, the next organ harvested...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We've got to at least be a Slurpee, right? Slurpees are good.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's not just the time shifting aspect of television that destroys commercials: the the new streaming music model will soon be the new video model.

Sony just launched Music Unlimited -- its a $10 a month online/offline 15 million song music library. Microsoft has a new one coming out this year. Between Spotify, Pandora, Free Streaming from the cloud and group sharing of music from any source music will go near free in 5 years or be bundled as part of Amazon Prime.

Phone and Internet vendors will be bundling this stuff and Netflix knock offs in their plans (some do now). Stream all the NCSI and Drake you can swallow until your mind properly melts. $99 a year including Ebook library borrowing,

Get the ad supported Kindle Fire 2017 Version and your streaming music and video will be dirt cheap. a whole generation of kids will grow up streaming and using a different set of ad supported services than traditional TV.

It's CYA time for these media execs. They need some content that they know will have value down the road on multipe platforms.

12 and 15 year media contracts? Can you imagine signing a contact in 1997 and predicting the eBook, and Streaming environment today and the death of all physical media? That was the futurist nuts who never played with the reality of a 28K US Robotics Modem :) as state of the art.

They haven't got a clue what the market will be in 12 years but they know this: there will always be some sort of Sports model in diigtal media and limited providers of that content

Reaction Score

That would not be a reason in itself for more money.

After all, the number of people watching hasn't changed much, and that's the bottom line, but businesses have never been able to figure out advertising, and that's why advertisers regularly sucker their clients. If the businesses ever figured it out, the whole sports structure would collapse.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Does anyone here work?!? Hahaha! I go away for the day to work and come back and find 5 pages added to this thread! Holy crap! I don't have enough time to catch up on all that! I wish my school didn't have a filter that blocked this site, or that I didn't have to teach children all day! Hahaha!

Always look forward to catching up on the hypotheticals that arose throughout the day on my daily Boneyard feed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom