New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New BE TV Deal Expected to Top $2B

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If ESPN wanted to put NBC out of the Notre Dame business they could do it tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Here is another article. This is from ESPN. I guess it is horsesh!t too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/tag/_/name/2012-big-east-meetings

And for those of you who wonder why Boise State and San Diego State would hold firm to their commitment, San Diego State athletic director Jim Sterk laid out the financial benefits for the Aztecs. As part of the Mountain West, its share of revenue from its current TV deal is $1.2 million. That is expected to be double digits whenever the new TV contract is negotiated.

BTW, that double digital number for Boise is for FB only. Some people here are predicting all sports members get less than $10M each. Seriously?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here is another article. This is from ESPN. I guess it is horsesh!t too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/tag/_/name/2012-big-east-meetings

BTW, that double digital number for Boise is for FB only. Some people here are predicting all sports members get less than $10M each. Seriously?

From your keyboard to God's ears, my friend! But now that I think I understand what Fishy means (if I can be so bold as to speak for him), he is saying that regardless of whether we earn 12 million or 15 million or even 20 million each, that both the Big East and the ACC are quickly getting shut out of not just the playoff picture but the largest bowls. It will essentially and eventually marginalize every team on the eastern seaboard. Let's hope it doesn't come true. Otherwise, both of our conferences will become the A-10 of football...

Reaction Score
I'd rather join the ACC with Rutgers, Cincy, USF and play those 'couple of private schools' than have to play against 4 rate state schools that have no athletic tradition whatsoever.
All the other schools in the 2013 Big East have more athletic tradition than USF. Besides UCF. Pass the damn pipe.

Not too long ago, we were nobodies. Now our fans think we're the .

Reaction Score
All the other schools in the 2013 Big East have more athletic tradition than USF. Besides UCF. Pass the damn pipe.

Exactly. People actually think all the teams will stay the same forever. C'mon now, B12 already proved things can change in a hurry. UL is nothing before they joined the BE. Now? They want to be in the B12 and too good for some BE teams. BE has helped Cincy, UL and USF grew by leaps and bounds. Do people really believe UCF, Memphis, Houston, SMU and SDSU will be crappy forever? There is something to be said about a national conference that can deliver content in 4 different time zones. There is value there.

Reaction Score
We can't say a lot about what we have that the other conferences don't (besides UConn), but at least we can say that we have representatives in NYC/Newark, Philly, Orlando, Tampa, Louisville, Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, San Diego, Memphis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Providence (no laughing!), Boise, Annapolis/Baltimore, and Washington D.C. In the day and age when advertisors are begging people not to "DVR fast-forward their stuff", live entertainment in all of those cities has to be a big asset for us...

Don't forget Hartford-New Haven. It's a decent sized market.

Reaction Score
Exactly. People actually think all the teams will stay the same forever. C'mon now, B12 already proved things can change in a hurry. UL is nothing before they joined the BE. Now? They want to be in the B12 and too good for some BE teams. BE has helped Cincy, UL and USF grew by leaps and bounds. Do people really believe UCF, Memphis, Houston, SMU and SDSU will be crappy forever? There is something to be said about a national conference that can deliver content in 4 different time zones. There is value there.
Louisville had Johnny Unitas and 2 national championships in men's basketball before they joined the Big East. Amazing how short-sighted our fans can be. (Not referring to you.)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Now Deloss Dodds and other are floating ND to the Big 12........now that smells like Bevo Droppings.....

Reaction Score

WE ARE THE SH$T!!!! Because UConn is our team. I could care less about SU, RU, SMU, ZU or PU. I care about UConn only, and it pains me to think that the upgrade and big dreams were only to get marginalized at the end of it all.

Reaction Score
the purely hypothetical TV deal is great but teh reality is that it will never come to fruition because the proposal was based on schools that likely will not be in the Big East when the deal comes to roost. I speak of ND, Louisville, etc.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

False. I think Memphis, San Diego State, Temple, SMU, UCF are .

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
False. I think Memphis, San Diego State, Temple, SMU, UCF are .

And UCF beat BC by 27 last year and SMU smacked Pitt in the bowl game, so what does that make BC and Pitt? (there's always one "Devil's Advocate" hanging around)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Greg Swaim ‏@GSwaim
The #BigEast is virtually dead, and the #ACC is quickly dying...at least as far as the football world is conidered.

The #ND deal apparently was a catalyst for getting #FSU aboard all along. This thing is happening fast now for the #Big12...

I'm told that #ND will jump in #Big12 very soon with Olympic sports, and then football joins after TV contract expires. #BlowsMyMind

With #FSU & #ND quite possibly to the #Big12, and their precedent setting deal with the #SEC, the #B1G won't want to sit around long either.

The agresssive #Big12 is forcing the #SEC to go for two more before Nienas grabs them. Best bets
#VT and #NCState, but subject to change.

#ND to #Big12 has more teeth today than I ever thought it could just a few weeks ago. The Irish are already going through proper channels.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Greg Swaim ‏@GSwaim
The #BigEast is virtually dead, and the #ACC is quickly dying...at least as far as the football world is conidered.

The #ND deal apparently was a catalyst for getting #FSU aboard all along. This thing is happening fast now for the #Big12...

I'm told that #ND will jump in #Big12 very soon with Olympic sports, and then football joins after TV contract expires. #BlowsMyMind

With #FSU & #ND quite possibly to the #Big12, and their precedent setting deal with the #SEC, the #B1G won't want to sit around long either.

The agresssive #Big12 is forcing the #SEC to go for two more before Nienas grabs them. Best bets
#VT and #NCState, but subject to change.

#ND to #Big12 has more teeth today than I ever thought it could just a few weeks ago. The Irish are already going through proper channels.

Holy....$#it....

In related news, UConnDan97 has just been placed on suicide watch.

Reaction Score
Swaim is also saying Lousiville has an invite to the Big12. HE thinks the SEC goes after NCState and VaTech. If all this is true, and I suspect that as of now it probably is, then there is nothing left. and I suspect the big10 will go after UNC and maybe rutgers.

Uconn could be left with quite the shitshow

Reaction Score
Gotta love ND in all this. Always looking out for a number one. Ride the BE's dick as long as possible, and then give us the double bird on their way out the door. Then they give us line "it's been real, and it's been fun, just can't say it's been real fun".

The other of side me says, well good for them. Everyone else is out to fluck everybody else anyways.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Still, I will stand by what I have said on every other string in the Boneyard: I will believe Notre Dame goes to a conference when I see it. No number of tweets will convince me of that until it is signed, sealed, and delivered. The Golden Domers know that independence is what is keeping them at the height of relevance, even though they haven't had a strong team since 1994. They will not give that up lightly, even for a few more million a year (keep in mind, this is the school that gets a couple of boosters together to cut a check to get rid of the coach with about 4 weeks notice).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i told u guys hes great for theorys and . thats basically been my thing....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Still, I will stand by what I have said on every other string in the Boneyard: I will believe Notre Dame goes to a conference when I see it. No number of tweets will convince me of that until it is signed, sealed, and delivered. The Golden Domers know that independence is what is keeping them at the height of relevance, even though they haven't had a strong team since 1994. They will not give that up lightly, even for a few more million a year (keep in mind, this is the school that gets a couple of boosters together to cut a check to get rid of the coach with about 4 weeks notice).

I have felt the same way all along. I do believe they are closer than ever.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and u guys are missing the boat on this. WE WANT ND TO THE B12. yes i siad that. why? becuas all along our best shot at a big 4 invite is a hope and prayer from the b10. well if nd passes on the b10 for the b12, then the b10 has 4 slots to fill. unc/uva/md/ruty/uconn are the targets. 1 will get left out, thats a good chance for us of getting in.

if nd went to the b10, then thats 3 spots open for the same 5 schools, less of a chance plus the fact that nd wants md for dc alum going to games. nd could potentialy bring md to the b12 with them as #16. that would leave uva/unc/ruty/uconn for the b10. HUGE NEWS if your a b10 dreamer. but again, swaim is all con thoery(something i enjoy) until it happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom