New AP Poll (12/5) | The Boneyard

New AP Poll (12/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
  • Baylor unanimous #1 (Texas A&M lost its one #1 vote in last week's poll)
  • UConn #2 and ND #3
  • No team dropped out of last week's top 25
  • #9 Miami hosts #11 Rutgers tonight
  • #2 UConn hosts #8 Texas A&M Tues night
  • #10 Kentucky hosts #5 Duke on Thursday
  • Despite the opinions of some Vol fans, AP voters do not think Texas is a top 10 team
AP Top 25
  1. Baylor
  2. UConn
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Stanford
  5. Duke
  6. Maryland
  7. Tennessee
  8. Texas A&M
  9. Miami
  10. Kentucky
  11. Rutgers
  12. Purdue
  13. Ohio State
  14. Georgia
  15. Louisville
  16. Texas Tech
  17. Penn State
  18. North Carolina
  19. Georgetown
  20. Depaul
  21. Green Bay
  22. Delaware
  23. Vanderbilt
  24. Oklahoma
  25. Texas

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Texas is, unfortunately, not remotely a top 10 team. They are improved from last year, I think, but by improved, I mean "able to compete with the likes of OU, not with an E8-caliber team." This is a Texas squad who lost to Stanford WITHOUT Nneka.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
It should be obvious by now, that GiGi is the most overpaid coach in WCBB. Texas is a hot bed for HS players and she has not been able to land one of the top recruits in her tenure there. The Os, Griner, Sims, Bone, Jefferson to name a few. Whatever she did at Duke is not working at Texas

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is a Texas squad who lost to Stanford WITHOUT Nneka.

and the game was in Austin too. If ever the stars were aligned for a big win for GG at Texas...

Texas was picked to finish 4th in the Big 12 preseason poll and Texas Tech was picked to finish 10th. Tech (#16) is a surprising team so far, but we'll see what happens once conference play begins.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli picked Texas Tech to be a surprise... so far so good.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why would they be a surprise? Didn't they beat Baylor last year?
Yes, but they also got their asses handed to them by a mediocre Texas team and flamed out in the first round of the NCAAs.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why would they be a surprise? Didn't they beat Baylor last year?

Well, for starters, that was last year. And this year the other coaches in the league picked Tech to finish 10th ...out of 12 teams and ahead of only Missouri and Colorado and behind Kansas and Kansas State to name a couple.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
How can anyone tell anything about how good (or not) Tech is at this point? The feather in their cap is the win over #15 PSU. That's a good win, but it was also a 4 point squeaker @home in Lubbock against the same PSU that lost to Delaware. Aside from PSU, they've played UNM (1-7), Houston (0-8), UMKC (5-4), CARK (5-2), ULM (1-8) and Texas State (3-3). Altogether, their first 6 games came against 6 cupcakes that own a combined (15-32) record.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I so wish we played Tennessee still. Who cares about politics? I just want to see a great, hard-fought game with rowdy fans and lots of hype. No offense to Mulkey or Tara, but their rivalries with Geno are just too amiable for my liking :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I so wish we played Tennessee still. Who cares about politics? I just want to see a great, hard-fought game with rowdy fans and lots of hype. No offense to Mulkey or Tara, but their rivalries with Geno are just too amiable for my liking :)
Agreed- bad blood takes time to develop, and UConn-Tenn was the only WBB rivalry that had enough history for there to be real divides between the programs.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Agreed- bad blood takes time to develop, and UConn-Tenn was the only WBB rivalry that had enough history for there to be real divides between the programs.
I dunno, there's always Rutgers.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I dunno, there's always Rutgers.

Yes, some posters like to exhibit anti-Rutgers, anti C. Viv passion, but not all of us by far.
We'd root for ANYBODY vs. Tenn, but many would like to see a BE win over Miami tonight.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, some posters like to exhibit anti-Rutgers, anti C. Viv passion, but not all of us by far.
We'd root for ANYBODY vs. Tenn, but many would like to see a BE win over Miami tonight.
Well, then get with the program. :D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To answer you question on how GG did it at Duke. IMO and I have no knowledge it was Duke. Get a free Duke education and play at Duke. A Duke education opens alot of doors in business.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
To answer you question on how GG did it at Duke. IMO and I have no knowledge it was Duke. Get a free Duke education and play at Duke. A Duke education opens alot of doors in business.
So does a Texas education. Especially in Texas. Which is where she's had difficulty pulling top kids.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Of course Im unbiased..... but UT-Austin's struggles and inability to pull in top recruits doesnt bother me one bit :rolleyes:

Gotta root for Miami tonight. The ACC needs more scalps in the non conference season.... and its pretty much up to Duke and Miami to get them. Cant rely on GaTech, UNC, or FSU this year at all... Duke is 1-1 so far... with a chance to get a SEC Scalp (the best kind for my tastes) later this week at Kentucky. Miami is 0-1 so far... with Rutgers and Georgetown left. Hope they can win both. Its gonna be an interesting game tonight... not sure if Riquana Williams for UM is fully healthy or not.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Let's see what Rutgers can do tonight against Miami. Very hard game for us.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm rooting for the Scarlet Knights tonight, no doubt about it. I root for them OOC and when it suits UConn for RU to beat a fellow BEast team :) but there is a rivalry there. Of course, good people like Coler, sammy, Knightsbridge, pasteurize and the other RU fans (whose handles don't come immediately to mind) that add so much to the Boneyard kind of ruin the dislike but the rivalry is still there.

BTW, Dec. 13 is RU vs Tenn. Go RU!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Rutgers v. Miami game should be very interesting. Frenetic defense against frenetic offense.

The ACC should be interesting. Maryland has shown few signs of vulnerability so far, but the schedule has been mostly easy. Can they compete with Duke and Miami? I think they are close. But I don't think they can beat the teams ahead of them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Rutgers v. Miami game should be very interesting. Frenetic defense against frenetic offense.

The ACC should be interesting. Maryland has shown few signs of vulnerability so far, but the schedule has been mostly easy. Can they compete with Duke and Miami? I think they are close. But I don't think they can beat the teams ahead of them.

I dont think Maryland would beat either UCONN or Baylor.... but im not so sure they couldnt beat either Stanford or ND.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm rooting for the Scarlet Knights tonight, no doubt about it. I root for them OOC and when it suits UConn for RU to beat a fellow BEast team :) but there is a rivalry there. Of course, good people like Coler, sammy, Knightsbridge, pasteurize and the other RU fans (whose handles don't come immediately to mind) that add so much to the Boneyard kind of ruin the dislike but the rivalry is still there.

BTW, Dec. 13 is RU vs Tenn. Go RU!

@Rutgers or Tennessee. I see a faulty time clock in Rutger's future if its at Knoxville!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I dont think Maryland would beat either UCONN or Baylor.... but im not so sure they couldnt beat either Stanford or ND.

Thank you! I think Maryland could be dangerous around NCAA tourney time! I'm interested in how they end up in the ACC this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom