New AP Poll (12/5) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New AP Poll (12/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mine either, although I did get somewhat scared by those reports that she had dropped Rutgers right before she committed.

I was convinced she was coming down to Tobacco Road...... but anyway.... is she playing the 3 or 4 ?? or swinging between both positions?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I was convinced she was coming down to Tobacco Road...... but anyway.... is she playing the 3 or 4 ?? or swinging between both positions?

Seems like she's switching around both. But I believe she's mainly playing the four.

Reaction Score
Delaware has a legit shot at entering the NCAA Tournament undefeated. I wonder how high they will climb/get seeded?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Delaware has a legit shot at entering the NCAA Tournament undefeated. I wonder how high they will climb/get seeded?

They will likely play Maryland later this month at Maryland. No way they will beat the Terps.

Reaction Score

Old Dominion was a #5 seed in 2008, VCU and Drexel were #10 and #12 respectively in 2009, James Madison earned a #9 seed in 2010, and was a #11 last year. If Delaware ends the season as a ranked team, they will be seeded no worse than #7. Should the Blue Hens enter as a #5 seed with a favorable matchup against a #4 seed, they could find themselves in the Sweet 16 against a #1 seed; Could very well be UConn.

Reaction Score
Rutgers vs Tenn at the RAC in Piscataway. The game is on ESPN 12/13 at 7:00.

Thanks for the info - that is the week UConn has off for exams - so it is great to have a good fill in game.

Reaction Score
Old Dominion was a #5 seed in 2008, VCU and Drexel were #10 and #12 respectively in 2009, James Madison earned a #9 seed in 2010, and was a #11 last year. If Delaware ends the season as a ranked team, they will be seeded no worse than #7. Should the Blue Hens enter as a #5 seed with a favorable matchup against a #4 seed, they could find themselves in the Sweet 16 against a #1 seed; Could very well be UConn.

ODU is not a good comparison since they typically play some very good teams, so it would be easier to gauge how good they are. Green Bay is a better example.
If Delaware ends the season as a ranked team, they will be seeded no worse than #7.

Why do you say that?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I was really impressed with Green Bay when I saw them in the regional last year. That coach is impressive, they were very disciplined and knew how to play. They were just overmatched by Baylor athletically, but I would love to see UConn play teams like them and Marist. I wonder if their coach will be courted by bigger programs...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I want to say USF 4-5 years ago.

Close. USF was 12/1/04 76-65.

However we lost to Duke 3/28/06 61-63. I can understand how that was erased from your memory.

(I didn't remember at all, looked it up)

Reaction Score
ODU is not a good comparison since they typically play some very good teams, so it would be easier to gauge how good they are. Green Bay is a better example.

Why do you say that?

Purely on numbers. Theoretically, if form holds, the #25 team in the country, being among the top 28 teams, should, at worst, get one of the four #7 seeds. Of course, we have all seen the committee move teams up and around, thus making anything possible.
You are right about Delaware not playing an Old Dominion-type schedule that would enable them to vie for a high tournament seed. It was fun speculating about the possibility of bracketing Delaware with UConn. Like you, I believe that possibility of Delaware being bracketed with UConn as a #5 is quite remote.

Reaction Score
Purely on numbers. Theoretically, if form holds, the #25 team in the country, being among the top 28 teams, should, at worst, get one of the four #7 seeds. Of course, we have all seen the committee move teams up and around, thus making anything possible.
You are right about Delaware not playing an Old Dominion-type schedule that would enable them to vie for a high tournament seed. It was fun speculating about the possibility of bracketing Delaware with UConn. Like you, I believe that possibility of Delaware being bracketed with UConn as a #5 is quite remote.

The rank for a good mid-major team is more likely to not be highly correlated with its RPI. A team with a gaudy record will continue to move up the polls because of voters' silly win=move up, lose=move down -regardless of competition- philosophy. In contrast, wins against mediocre competition don't move the RPI much.

In 2009, 29-3 Green Bay was seeded #11.
In 2007, 28-3 Green Bay (ranked #21) was seeded #9. [And lost to UConn in round #2.]
In 2010, 26-6 James Madison was seeded #9.

I won't be surprised if DE ends up as a #7 or #8 seed in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Good points. However, I do not recall Green Bay even being ranked in 2009. In 2007, they were unfavorably seeded #9 as the 21st ranked team, then ended up unranked.; A victim of seeding. With the #6 seed that I would have given them, they probably win their first round game with a legitimate shot at taking out a #3 seed in the second round. Then again, if they are seeded too low at #9, they should, theoretically, take out a #8. So, maybe the committee was right.

Reaction Score
How can anyone tell anything about how good (or not) Tech is at this point? The feather in their cap is the win over #15 PSU. That's a good win, but it was also a 4 point squeaker @home in Lubbock against the same PSU that lost to Delaware. Aside from PSU, they've played UNM (1-7), Houston (0-8), UMKC (5-4), CARK (5-2), ULM (1-8) and Texas State (3-3). Altogether, their first 6 games came against 6 cupcakes that own a combined (15-32) record.

Very true. Penn St was the first real test and we knew it. The Lady Raiders barely beat the Lady Lions in our house. We're proud of the win, but still have a ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom