Nets waive Boatright | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nets waive Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, not referring to you. I agree with a good number of your critiques of the team, but I remain steadfast that the 2013 draft night trade overshadows all other personnel decisions made by King. Anything else is small potatoes, even if Larkin's contract may mean more to others here. I'm assuming your critique still stands regardless of who the #3 PG is?
I'm just bummed Boat didn't make the team because this seemed like the best chance he had to make a team. Larkin and Sloan are not good but since Larkin is already signed for 3 mil per year it came down to King going with the guard who has more size and years under his belt (Sloan.) I think Boat has more upside than both of them but his upside is just that of a backup. I took a look at that 2013 draft the other day and it's a total bust save for the three late picks of The Greek Freak, Schroder and Gobert.

Reaction Score
I'm a Knicks fan and they are the only team that is close to as dreadful to watch as the Nets. I absolutely hate watching them but at least with drafting Kristaps, for the first time in a long time I have a glimmer of hope.
knicks look good this year. one of my 5 surprise teams going into the year... solid guards in galloway and grant, plus the addition of big man kristaps porzingis. melo also looks healthy smack dab in his late prime.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm just bummed Boat didn't make the team because this seemed like the best chance he had to make a team. Larkin and Sloan are not good but since Larkin is already signed for 3 mil per year it came down to King going with the guard who has more size and years under his belt (Sloan.) I think Boat has more upside than both of them but his upside is just that of a backup. I took a look at that 2013 draft the other day and it's a total bust save for the three late picks of The Greek Freak, Schroder and Gobert.

Don't sleep on Dieng or Mason Plumlee. Plumlee was the Nets' most physical post player this past year, and with Portland handing out minutes like candy this year I think he'll put up some pretty good numbers.
If you're looking for the opposite, check out the 2nd round of the '12 draft: Jae Crowder at #34, Draymond Green at #35, and Khris Middleton at #39. Absolute highway robbery.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Do you own a fedora?

I know you're just joking, but I have to laugh for the additional reason that people really don't understand Brooklyn at all. Williamsburg/Greenpoint is nowhere near Park Slope/Carroll Gardens -- not in terms of geography and not in terms of culture. Sure, you get some hipstery parents in Park Slope, but for the most part it's normal professional-looking people. I live in a not very hip part of town.

And, no. I don't.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know you're just joking, but I have to laugh for the additional reason that people really don't understand Brooklyn at all. Williamsburg/Greenpoint is nowhere near Park Slope/Carroll Gardens -- not in terms of geography and not in terms of culture. Sure, you get some hipstery parents in Park Slope, but for the most part it's normal professional-looking people. I live in a not very hip part of town.

And, no. I don't.
Yes, I was joking and making the broad Brooklyn hipster stereotype. I know the difference and the geography. My father is from Brooklyn.

I go there frequently--Williamsburg, that is. And good friends lived in Park Slope for years and we also frequented that part then.

I was going to ask if you owned a Britax baby stroller but I'm sure they're passe now, as we've been out of the baby scene for several years.

Reaction Score
I thought hipsters had no money, isn't Brooklyn expensive as hell?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yes, I was joking and making the broad Brooklyn hipster stereotype. I know the difference and the geography. My father is from Brooklyn.

I go there frequently--Williamsburg, that is. And good friends lived in Park Slope for years and we also frequented that part then.

I was going to ask if you owned a Britax baby stroller but I'm sure they're passe now, as we've been out of the baby scene for several years.

I figured. You'd be surprised how many people are like, "You live in Brooklyn? My friend lives there!" Heck, friends in Manhattan have no friggin' clue where anything in Brooklyn is.

No Britax, McLaren, whatever. My wife and I happen to be the only people in Park Slope over the age of 29 without children. As you may have seen, we did just get a dog. Incremental increases in personal responsibility.

We bought an apartment there because Manhattan prices are insane, Carroll Gardens/Boerum Hill prices are also insane, and Park Slope prices are slightly less insane. We're also 1.5 blocks from Prospect Park, which is awesome. And our building is zoned for the second best elementary school in Brooklyn.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We're also 1.5 blocks from Prospect Park, which is awesome. And our building is zoned for the second best elementary school in Brooklyn.
I love Prospect Park. Great venue. I usually get there for at least a show or two each summer, so I'll give you a heads up next time I do.

Our friends who lived in Park Slope lived there precisely because of the elementary school issue, so we heard a lot about that. They were so hard pressed to find anything acceptable when they had to move that they ended up in CT instead.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love Prospect Park. Great venue. I usually get there for at least a show or two each summer, so I'll give you a heads up next time I do.

Our friends who lived in Park Slope lived there precisely because of the elementary school issue, so we heard a lot about that. They were so hard pressed to find anything acceptable when they had to move that they ended up in CT instead.

There are some decent shows there. Yeah, give me a heads up.

That's my concern. We've got a 2BR apartment and if we have more than 1 kid, we'll have to move. At that point, we won't be able to find a 3BR below $2M. Ugh.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The Nets were incredibly boring and mediocre when they had Deron Williams, Pierce, Allan Anderson, and Joe Johnson wasn't over the hill. Now they keep their incredibly boring style of play with much less talent. Brook Lopez has good post moves and puts up pretty good scoring number but he's a bore to watch and is softer than Charmin. They have the worst point guard rotation in the league and if you are banking on Lopez and Thaddeus Young for your future, you have no future.

The Charmin remark brings to mind a memory of mine that I hadn't thought about in around nearly 25 years. I was working in a small grocery store for a part time job after school when I was 16. One day an ice cream delivery was late and the truck driver said that the ice cream had melted a bit, but wasn't "Charmin soft". The assistant manager then bellowed to the driver that he didn't want the ice cream and he left.
Stories like this are the reason why I'm never the life of a party.

Reaction Score
Where do the people who make NYC run actually live? As Manhattan has gotten so obscenely expensive in the last decade or so I'm left wondering where the restaurant workers live, the cops, fireman, teachers, delivery drivers, cab drivers, construction workers etc.? People with high paying jobs can't afford Manhattan where the hell do the regular Joes live? Most people who used to think they could afford Manhattan have moved to Brooklyn which has priced so many out of Brooklyn, my guess is Queens will soon be too expensive for many.

Reaction Score
I'm so lucky to have lived in Manhattan right outta college from '76-'86, studio rental at $240/month on 13th street behind the Palladium making $5/hour as a draftsman. CBGB, Mudd Club. Now the average priced condo is over $1million. Crazy.

Reaction Score
My dad grew up in Brooklyn and I live there for while as a tot. My aunt owned a brownstone on Herkimer St. And I lived with her for awhile, off and on till I was 3 or 4. I remember it very well.

Reaction Score
Ehh! Couldnt care less. He`ll catch on somewhere or work his way back through the D league. He can play and i find it hard to believe there isnt room for him on an nba bench somewhere. Besides i dont want to see Boat in them ugly as sh#t Brooklyn unis:p

Reaction Score
I'm so lucky to have lived in Manhattan right outta college from '76-'86, studio rental at $240/month on 13th street behind the Palladium making $5/hour as a draftsman. CBGB, Mudd Club. Now the average priced condo is over $1million. Crazy.

Manhattan feels like a high-end outdoor mall these days.

Reaction Score
My brother did the Brooklyn thing, but when he factored in transportation, and even a car for awhile, parking, he ditched it and went to live within a couple blocks of work in Manhattan. Ended up costing him about the same price.

Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah and who could have thunk this? :rolleyes: "Kentucky coach John Calipari has a strong interest in the Team USA coaching position, per CBS Sports."

I don't see Jerry Colangelo biting on that one, given both Cal's lack of success in the pros, and how much more rigor and importance the USA BB program has received in recent years. I'd be surprised if he got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom