Nets waive Boatright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nets waive Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a business now. Boat needs to optimize opportunity and guaranteed money, where ever that is. The D-League and the hope of a 10 day contract is probably not the answer.

Reaction Score
It wasn't Larkin vs Boatright, it was Sloan vs Boatright.

Sloan is terrible, but he's been in the league for four years and he's just an order of magnitude bigger than Boatright.

More size, more experience.
I know but have you watched a lot of Larkin? He's also garbage and it wouldn't surprise me if Sloan is the better garbage heap for them this season. Hope Boat can latch on somewhere but not latching on to the team with the worst point guard rotation is recent memory is a bummer. My guess is he's D-League bound.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Even more of a reason to root for the Nets to fail. Hoping they give Boston the chance to draft Simmons or Skal.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the Nets gave Larkin a guaranteed contract - they're not eating $3,000,000 no matter what Boat did in preseason.

It may look easy, but the Nets work very hard at sucking.
Ha, they have by far the most unappealing roster in the NBA. Some other teams also suck but they have something going for them. Nets are boring, lacking young talent, athleticism etc.

Reaction Score
Ha, they have by far the most unappealing roster in the NBA. Some other teams also suck but they have something going for them. Nets are boring, lacking young talent, athleticism etc.
...with the 4th highest team payroll. Unreal.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boat will make a ton of money in Europe and be a star there, pay no taxes and live high on the hog
I'll bet JC is making a connection right now
Boat deserves better than 'n Nets

Reaction Score

There are many more unappealing rosters like the Hornets.

Reaction Score
billy king is a joke, not even clear how he still has a job ( probably because the nets are still a profitable for the Russian). That being said, I sorta saw this coming once they gave Larkin that *undeserved* contract

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh. I can literally see the Barclays Center from my bedroom. I was really excited at the prospect of seeing Boat play in Brooklyn...

That said, I'm not worried about Boat. He'll catch on somewhere. #HeartOfALion

At least you have Islanders hockey and a new Artichoke Pizza haha.

(I used to live in Park Slope)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Boat will make a ton of money in Europe and be a star there, pay no taxes and live high on the hog
I'll bet JC is making a connection right now
Boat deserves better than 'n Nets

I don't think you know how international taxation works. US citizens living overseas get taxed for every dollar they earn over $100,000 (approx). Only country in the world that does this.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Just with Kemba, Lamb, Batum and Jefferson they are way more appealing than the Nets.

Wait, do you mean for a uconn fan? Absolutely.

I guess I am just higher on Brook Lopez and Thad Young than others. I like Batum, but Kemba is a very mediocre nba player, Al Jefferson is extremely one dinensional, and as much as I hate to say it, Lamb is a rotational player at best.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I guess I am just higher on Brook Lopez and Thad Young than others. I like Batum, but Kemba is a very mediocre nba player, Al Jefferson is extremely one dinensional, and as much as I hate to say it, Lamb is a rotational player at best.

You don't get it. The Nets cut Boat, so you're supposed to hate them unconditionally.

Reaction Score
Sloan is a solid PG, I was actually pissed the Pacers didn't pursue him, he played well for them when Hill was injured and put up some solid performances. I do like Boatright over Larkin, but he isn't better than Donald Sloan.

Reaction Score

The Nets were incredibly boring and mediocre when they had Deron Williams, Pierce, Allan Anderson, and Joe Johnson wasn't over the hill. Now they keep their incredibly boring style of play with much less talent. Brook Lopez has good post moves and puts up pretty good scoring number but he's a bore to watch and is softer than Charmin. They have the worst point guard rotation in the league and if you are banking on Lopez and Thaddeus Young for your future, you have no future.

Reaction Score
You don't get it. The Nets cut Boat, so you're supposed to hate them unconditionally.
I hope you're not referring to me? I don't hate the Nets but I've hated watching them play for a long time, I would have tuned in a little to see them if Boat was on the team but no chance now, they are dreadful to watch and since Billy King was hired things are only getting worse. Seriously, hiring Billy King is such a Nets move.

Reaction Score
It makes sense Boatright is a winner which means he doesn't belong on the Nets.

Reaction Score
Im a Knicks fan so I can officialy hate the Nets now.
I'm a Knicks fan and they are the only team that is close to as dreadful to watch as the Nets. I absolutely hate watching them but at least with drafting Kristaps, for the first time in a long time I have a glimmer of hope.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I hope you're not referring to me? I don't hate the Nets but I've hated watching them play for a long time, I would have tuned in a little to see them if Boat was on the team but no chance now, they are dreadful to watch and since Billy King was hired things are only getting worse. Seriously, hiring Billy King is such a Nets move.

No, not referring to you. I agree with a good number of your critiques of the team, but I remain steadfast that the 2013 draft night trade overshadows all other personnel decisions made by King. Anything else is small potatoes, even if Larkin's contract may mean more to others here. I'm assuming your critique still stands regardless of who the #3 PG is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom