Votes: 46 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I never saw Madison Cable as an impactful player. Then again i only ever see ND play UCONN and weve made her a non factor. ND sure quieted down the tenn crowd
Cable is good at catching passes and making buckets. As we all know, reception is better with Cable. :)

Put a fork in the LVs.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
please - not a foul fest the rest of the way.....3 minutes to go, and in the last 30 seconds, they have been to the line 3 or 4 times

Reaction Score
Ouch. Jewell lloyd with a bad ankle twist thanks to a tenn defender stepping on her foot mid court. Walking off on her own accord tho

Reaction Score
please - not a foul fest the rest of the way.....3 minutes to go, and in the last 30 seconds, they have been to the line 3 or 4 times
I don't think they're deliberate fouls. I think it's just being in the bonus.

Nice hand for the injured Loyd. Tenn fans know good basketball.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Amazed that Loyd was able to walk off the court after that sprain ---- goodness !!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ND shows they are the mentally tougher team, the better coached team, and the team that can take the opponent's best shot on the road.

Not surprised that ND was able to make the necessary adjustments, and not surprised that UTenn folded like a cheap tent.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder if the crowd rooting for ND skews older than the crowd rooting for the Vols. Would think so #History. Also, interesting. Doug Feinberg just asked T. Catchings on Twitter how many home games she lost in her TN career. She said she didn't know. He reminded her --- one --- you already know which team it was to beat them.

Reaction Score
If I count right UT was 4-29 on FGs in one stretch.

I am not sure which Notre Dame team showed up in the first half, they played no defense. Then they shut-down Tennessee in the second half.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
TN hit 16 of their first 24 shots.

Then managed to hit 4 of their next 24.

That's an astounding turnaround. Did ND change their defense? Snarky answer, well they changed from not defending to defending. Most of those first 24 shots were undefended. Then something changed. Maybe Muffet had a secret bet - that they could allow 24 undefended shots, and still win. I really don't know, but from 67% to 17% is dropping off a cliff.

Reaction Score
TN hit 16 of their first 24 shots.

Then managed to hit 4 of their next 24.

That's an astounding turnaround. Did ND change their defense? Snarky answer, well they changed from not defending to defending. Most of those first 24 shots were undefended. Then something changed. Maybe Muffet had a secret bet - that they could allow 24 undefended shots, and still win. I really don't know, but from 67% to 17% is dropping off a cliff.

TN got a lot of layups in the first half. They started taking a lot of crazy shots in the 2nd half.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Over in Vole Land they are beating up their team and coaching staff in about equal measure.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I kinda wish we had those refs in out game against Baylor. Let'em play and we would've won by 25+. A couple of things. Simmons and Massingale weren't going to continue to shoot 100% from treys. As rushed as ND looked in the first half and Tenn looked calm you knew it was just a matter of time before the Tenn guards starting missing and ND slowed the game down and got their passing game together. Hey ND was fortunate to have their tow bench players knock down all those treys but they were open just long enough to get those shots off.

For Tenn fans who complain about this game like the past few games all I can say is listen to the announcers and listen hard. When Tenn had it going in the first half they looked like a FF team. I was impressed with them. But understand ND was playing a zone. When ND went to man to man Tenn didn't have much movement and no quick passes thus no execution. They were like mice lost in a maize. I have to give credit to Tenn, I really thought they would get blown out. When you look at it it was something like a 25+ point turnaround at home. That's not a FF team caliber. Now Tenn has TAM coming up who has been playing much better, and this could be another loss for them. If they lose that game they're going to have a tuff time winning the SEC regular season crown and will be struggling to make the top 15.

This is a very talented team that gives up to easy. When the chips are down the fold. I had said I had heard rumors of CVS as a possible candidate for a coaching job at TEnn because her big contract is up this season at RU. She would instill the discipline that Tenn needs to turn them around, but I don't think that will happen and they will stay with Holly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
i was watching the game on the couch..... and it was a 1pt game.... dozed off for what seemed like only a few seconds.. woke up and ND was up double digits :eek:

Reaction Score
In the last two minutes a Tennessee player stepped on her right foot and she twisted her ankle. It looked like pretty bad high ankle sprain.....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am not sure which Notre Dame team showed up in the first half, they played no defense. Then they shut-down Tennessee in the second half.

It's called a half time pasting by your coach

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Did Jewell get hurt? Anyone know what happened?

She was dribbling up court at a pretty good clip, and a UT stepped squarely on her back ankle . Twisted pretty badly to the inside, I believe. Which can often be a much more serious sprain than rolling the ankle and spraining the outside ligaments (Katie Douglas' injury notwithstanding).

I was shocked/amazed that she walked off the court. I still wouldn't be surprised if she missed a couple of games, however.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was rooting for Montezuma's revenge in the arena water fountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom