VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
four-leaf-clover.gif

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for a power outage.

Can't root for Tennessee, obviously. I'd root for ND through gritted teeth if it were last year. But it's not. ND bolted and helped wreck the Big East (no, not those players or coaches but the school they play for, yes, I understand the difference). So, no, not rooting for them, either.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's MLK's birthday, so I'll try not to think about "hate" or people of colors that I don't like, but is there any way that the despicable teams in green (gag!) and orange (puke!) can both lose?

I think I dislike ND a little more, but I fully expect them to win by 10-15. I'm anxious to see the game as a neutral observer.

Reaction Score
How about a ten overtime slug....the stadium empties, the tv audiences all switch to watch Australian Open. And the game ended as a 4-on-4 fight as many players foul out and both head coach were dejected from the courts.....

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's MLK's birthday, so I'll try not to think about "hate" or people of colors that I don't like, but is there any way that the despicable teams in green (gag!) and orange (puke!) can both lose?

I think I dislike ND a little more, but I fully expect them to win by 10-15. I'm anxious to see the game as a neutral observer.

I agree. UT had a coach that had a psychological problem with us and it affected the women's hoop relationship. ND is a whole other level of obnoxious arrogance in it's Athletic Department and as an institution, at least with regard to a sense of sports entitlement that somehow has persisted for decades after Rockne and Leahy were football coaches there. That university was no friend of UConn's or the Big East during conference realignment. They are entitled to be selfish, but they have a sense of them doing you a favor by being in the same room even for a tiddly winks match. Muffett's indication that they are helping UConn out by playing them in future years is one more sign of their hubris. Women's hoops is not football and while Geno is around, I suspect it doesn't matter all that much what conference our women are in, not so sure about other sports. I think UT wounded itself by dropping UConn. I think we could have helped consign the Fighting Selfish to a degree of oblivion by not playing them in women's hoops. Maybe it went to Muffett's head that UConn blew 3 games to them last year, having deftly forgotten the thrashing in the FF. Unfortunately, while I hope UT wins tonight, from what I've seen of them, it seems unlikely even though I haven't seen ND at all.

Reaction Score
I don't have the same dislike which I used to have against TN. Maybe it's becouse Holly seems like a nice lady and coach and TN has struggelled a lot in the last some years. That said, I do want ND to win this game as well as all games in the ACC as I want them to get a 1 seed and by that not have UConn need to win at ND to go to the Final 4. Let's meet the Irish in the Final 4 and not before :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I want ND to win for 2 reasons: 1. just because I want Tennessee to lose and 2: I DONT WANT ND ANYTHING LESS THAN A #1 SEED IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT!

I cant stress enough how much I don't want to have to play ND in South Bend for a berth in the FF. Its that simple.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
ND to win big, so I can revel in some schadenfreude and occupy myself with reading about the loss on volnation

Then ND to lose twice to Duke and then to NC and NC State

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would love to see an undefeated UConn pummel an undefeated ND like a killer whale tenderizing a seal meal.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I used to enjoy the muffet show on TV. And I remember the muffets from Sesame Street. So, it's hard to root against a muffet, but I will find a way. Or maybe I should be ticked at the puppeteer who makes her say all the arrogant rubbish that she does.

The only good thing here is that one of these teams will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom