Votes: 46 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I've seen three LV games, and this is the best they've looked. ND has clearly not played a big, strong athletic team all year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Simmons and msssengale hitting their shots like this is the only way Tennessee can win a game like this.

Reaction Score
Really, neither team can lose enough for me. But I want to see ND go down in the ranks of the unbeatens. You have no idea how it is killing me to actually root for that orange team on that creamsickle checkerboard square court.

Wow! TN outwilled and outworked ND on that inbounds, ran down that long inbounds heave and score a quick two. Poor little miss Muffet needs a time out.

Reaction Score
The very streaky Simmons hitting one of those streaks. I dont think anyone expected the vols to be up 12 ever in this game. Is this because the irish havent competed against a strong team yet? That coupledwith Tenn playing well

Reaction Score
Tenn playing like I haven't seen in eons, and shooting out of their minds. ND playing badly. I thought they would miss Diggins, and they clearly do.

Reaction Score
Is this because the irish havent competed against a strong team yet? That coupledwith Tenn playing well

Hard to know how good ND is bc they haven't played anyone yet.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Tennessee woke up, read the Boneyard and realized that they have to play BASKETBALL to win - they have assisted on almost all of their baskets. What is wrong with McBride? Is she asleep? Did Notre Dame come in and "play down" to their competition only to realize that Tennessee actually is running plays and making shots?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ill be honest... i wouldnt mind seeing us play this Tenn team at this level of play

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
McBride hitting shots she should miss is a recurring nightmare. I hated that last year.

Reaction Score
McBride is the only reason why this game is even close. Jewel Lloyd needs to step up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So if TN beats ND...... do they jump Duke and move to #2 ? :rolleyes:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I don't see Russell as the best freshman coming out of high school!

DeShields and Davis are better IMO

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn gave up 46 points in a half? Maybe it will change in the 2nd half, but ND is not forcing UT to rush or take shots they don't want to. I haven't seen ND before this year, so I don't know if that's their usual D. McNride is her usual tough self. Impressed v

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn is playing out of their minds....they will wake up. I have to admit theyre passing the ball, playing team ball, and making almost everything. a A big key will be when they stop shooting over 55% will they still have that patience. Theyre running on adrenaline right now and have a lot of confidence. Theyre driving to the basket and ND isn't because they're top 2 guards are on the bench. This is the best they've played all year and they're playing like a team. Everyone is involved not just Simmons shooting the ball. Good flow but ND is only down 5

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I've seen three LV games, and this is the best they've looked. ND has clearly not played a big, strong athletic team all year.
The thing that screams out to me as I watch this game is that we are very very spoiled. These two are stale. They barely move and both rely far too much upon shooting percentages. There's no real sense that either team understands or is even seeking a controlled flow. I just don't see how this could be considered entertaining. Yuck.... click.... ah, the mating rituals of the Bolivian spotted slug...

YOPB

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
When was the last time ND gave up 46 points in one half?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Several nightmarish stretches for ND in that half. They're glad for that closing run to get it to 5.

Box score shows 2 personal fouls on UTenn. Eyeball test says the box score is more than a bit light.

We'll see what adjustments ND makes at half. They have some experienced players who can still get the job done, but Loyd needs to stay out of further foul trouble.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND looks slow on the defensive side. Too many easy baskets for Tennessee.

ND offense looks disjointed. No guard leadership and no post play.

Tennesse seems to be running at will. Actually some very good guard play.

Let's see how the second half plays out. This could be another upset.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
ND's interior defense seems much weaker than last year. I think Achonwa is a step slow since her injury earlier this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ND lack of an inside presence is pronounced. Ball movement predictable and slow. Leaving back door open. Tenn has definitely upped their game over the last several.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom