NCAA tournament update | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAA tournament update

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that there is more risk at a basketball game than there is going to school all day.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the decisions to prohibit fan attendance is so much about the players. It's about curtailing the spread of the virus as a result of thousands of fans rubbing elbows and breathing on each other for hours.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Perhaps firing The entire U.S. pandemic response team, and failing to replace them to help pay for a billionaires tax cut wasnt a smart move...

Why make it political?
That is for the cesspool not the basketball board. I don't care about your thoughts on anything political.

Tax cuts didn't spread this virus.

Reaction Score
What a dope. He said the entire country. I never said anything about hid company. I don’t know squat about his company, nor do I care to know something about a company dumb enough to hire him. He extrapolated that to saying the whole country was quarantined. It was not.

I have lots of sources in China. You are wrong. Full stop.

Reaction Score
I imagine CBS will have to make good use of the 7 second delay and drop button. Lot of saucy language amid the sneaker squeaks.

It's gonna be surreal watching the confetti come down and the players celebrating with a few dozen relatives. Then the broadcast switches to some illegal watch party on campus and national guardsmen in hazmat gear are clearing the crowd.

Reaction Score
This is NOT a glorified flu, there is no vaccine, there is no Tamaflu, and it has a fatality rate that is ten times that of the flu. Don't be a moron.
It is indeed a glorified flue. A vaccine will be miraculously found and we’ll be panicking over the next “crisis” used to pad the pockets of the elites.

Reaction Score
It is indeed a glorified flue. A vaccine will be miraculously found and we’ll be panicking over the next “crisis” used to pad the pockets of the elites.

And when the numbers go up, people like you will just continue to say it's a hoax. We get it.

Reaction Score

Imagine believing vaccines are simply stumbled upon. :eek: It's a months long process even in the best case scenario.

Also, elites don't typically enjoy a plummeting stock market and mass hysteria. They're often followed by torches, pitchforks, guillotines etc.

Reaction Score
Oh, my bad, "conspiracy to line the pockets of elites" but not a hoax. What a nuanced nutjob position.
Billionaires using fear to line their pockets isn’t conspiracy or a new phenomenon. People are legitimately afraid of this virus and they shouldn’t be. Common sense approaches we’ll keep the VAST majority of people fine. If you think big Pharma isn’t corrupt then you’re the conspiracy theorist lmfaoo

Reaction Score
Billionaires using fear to line their pockets isn’t conspiracy or a new phenomenon. People are legitimately afraid of this virus and they shouldn’t be. Common sense approaches we’ll keep the VAST majority of people fine. If you think big Pharma isn’t corrupt then you’re the conspiracy theorist lmfaoo
I like you but these are some really really bad takes. It's this type of ignorance that has people so worried

Reaction Score

So in your point of view anyone trying to work on a vaccine or treatment is actually the bad guy pulling all the strings here. Did pfizer set up the market where the animal to human transmission happened? Give the details.

Reaction Score
I like you but these are some really really bad takes. It's this type of ignorance that has people so worried
Nothing I just posted is “ignorant”. If you think that there aren’t people benefiting monetarily off of people being afraid. Idk what to tell you

Reaction Score
Of course Big Pharma is corrupt and gov't and media corruption is obviously tied into that. That being said, what does that have to do with this? You think Big Pharma created this?

Reaction Score
Nothing I just posted is “ignorant”. If you think that there aren’t people benefiting monetarily off of people being afraid. Idk what to tell you
Yes the idea that "common sense" will stop coronavirus is incredibly ignorant

Reaction Score
So in your point of view anyone trying to work on a vaccine or treatment is actually the bad guy pulling all the strings here. Did pfizer set up the market where the animal to human transmission happened? Give the details.
Again not what I said. But I don’t have the energy, time, nor desire to have this conversation with you. I said what I said. The fear is over the top. I’m fine with precaution. You have not once seen me in this thread argue against it. Big pharma is corrupt. Not the goshdarn workers. But the people making actual billions off of it. And they have no interest in calming the fears of citizens. PERIOD

Reaction Score
Yes the idea that "common sense" will stop coronavirus is incredibly ignorant
I did not say common sense will “stop coronavirus”. I said common sense will keep the vast majority of people fine. Every scientist and doctor has said the same thing

Reaction Score
Of course Big Pharma is corrupt and gov't and media corruption is obviously tied into that. That being said, what does that have to do with this? You think Big Pharma created this?
No. I think they have no interest in calming the fears of the people. They’d rather create hysteria. Which I’ve seen some of you say you haven’t seen. Well just wait. It’s definitely headed in that direction

Reaction Score
I did not say common sense will “stop coronavirus”. I said common sense will keep the vast majority of people fine. Every scientist and doctor has said the same thing
Apparently this is a controversial opinion but I'd like to set a higher bar than just having most people be fine

Reaction Score
Apparently this is a controversial opinion but I'd like to set a higher bar than just having most people be fine
Then set that bar with everything. I’m not saying we shouldn’t take precautions to protect the vulnerable. But also be honest. Make sure people now that their lives aren’t at risk. Thats important.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Unless they close the streets, and all other places that people could come into contact with each other, what’s the use??? That’s the only way to truly be consistent.
You're on a roll!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom