NCAA tournament update | The Boneyard

NCAA tournament update

Reaction Score
I cannot think of a reason to cancel it instead of playing to empty crowds. As long as people are allowed to be out in public, I think it can be considered safe for 40 people to be in a gym (players, coaches, refs, camera crew) to play a game. If they want to take it a step further, test people before playing.

Reaction Score
We’ve officially devolved into hysterical people with no backbone who have cast aside any logic in favor of drama. Wash your hands, don’t shake hands, and carry on.
It ain’t THAT simple. I just got back to the office from having the flu and I hear the same hacking and sneezing, etc. around the office. People are just clueless these days, which is why these extreme measures may be necessary. No reason to outright cancel the tourney though, no fans at a minimum. Too much tv money to be made and good games to watch.

Reaction Score
Maybe just ban old people from leaving their homes and everyone else just go about their business.
This is literally a glorified flu. People need to chill out. The S strand here in America is incredibly weak

Reaction Score
This is literally a glorified flu. People need to chill out. The S strand here in America is incredibly weak
It’s not that tho.... look what’s happened in China, Italy, other countries around the globe, especially the drain on their health care system. The rates of infection are high Globally and it’s spreading quickly. Having large amounts of people together is the easiest way to spread that. I don’t want to end up like Italy or China and the shutdowns they are facing; it’s pretty serious just because we don’t really know the effects yet. I’d suggest listening to the Joe Rogan podcast on it from today or the Sam Harris one. It’s easy to call it overblown or taking way too much of a precaution, but it’s really one of the few things that can be done to prevent such a widespread so quickly. Seemed overblown to me at first, but the two podcasts really reshaped my thinking on it. Learned a lot from the podcast today, I’d suggest going to listen to it.

Reaction Score
Im sure theyll do something extreme, but itd be awesome if we run the table, and make it. Plane tickets to LA are like $150 right now for round trip.

Reaction Score
0 chance they cancel it unless the colleges themselves pull out.

TV contract is just too much money.
I wouldn't.put anything at 0% now. The way things are going it at least seems fairly likely games will be played with no crowds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom