NCAA tournament update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAA tournament update

Reaction Score
Stinks for the businesses in host cities, but aside from that it's the right move.

Very intrigued by the sounds of these games and it will make for a unique experience we will always remember.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My office just closed and everyone needs to work from home until the 27th

Same for me through the 20th. Will certainly make it easy to watch the games for those who are home that first weekend

Reaction Score
Turner probably couldn’t be happier. The rating will be through the roof. Also puts a crazy importance on the bench mob. They’re gonna be making all the noise

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Very intrigued by the sounds of these games and it will make for a unique experience we will always remember.

Going to be like the coaches and players are all miced up. Will be interesting for sure.

Reaction Score
I don't think we disagree on a whole lot, but I, and others, have made the point that if the schools aren't closed, then those kids are not being protected anyway. What's the point of letting the athletes go to school with hundreds of other kids, but not letting them play the game without spectators?

I think they should be playing the games with only officials and immediate family in place. I think that's a thoughtful compromise at this stage. Particularly if it involves 2 school systems that haven't closed?

Hard for me to believe that there is more risk at a basketball game than there is going to school all day.

Reaction Score
@CL82 posted this in the other thread. I think you @uconngb should take a step back and understand that this is not the flu we are dealing with and those that you are labeling as "idiots" are collectively trying to stay ahead of the curve and save lives.

World Health Organization declares Covid-19 a pandemic.

Italian doctor urged people not to describe Covid-19 as a bad case of the flu.

“Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.” “And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.

Describing every available ventilator as “gold,” Macchini said the doctors and nurses working at his side are exhausted. “I saw the tiredness on faces that didn’t know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask, ‘What can I do for you now?’ “Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can’t save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny. “There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols,” he said. Macchini noted that some of his colleagues have become infected themselves and then infected their relatives who “are already struggling between life and death.”

“Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. … And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is ‘temporarily’ put in crisis, the epidemiological disaster is taking place. So be patient, you can’t go to the theater, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate,” he said.

BTW have any of you ever been in an Italian hospital? I have. Looked like a bad horror movie. Like going back to the 60s.

Reaction Score
Wait, because it doesn't kill 100% of the people it's therefore not a significant risk to an older person? That's a hell of a take.

And you're speaking as if yo know the exact mortality rates. we don't. The data on this virus sucks right now. We also don't know which kinds of elderly folks are most susceptible.

So if you don't know, you take measures against it. Put it this way, would you expose your grandparents to it? If the answer is no, then don't do it for anybody else.

Honestly man this is one of the dumbest ways to think about any situation like as you could possibly have. It's this way of thinking that will wipe out half the human race when a truly deadly virus does show up. Why? Because you didn't jump on it early enough.

And How good are you at predicting viral mutations?

Again, when you don't know, you pull out the stops until you do know. It's never a good idea to 'wait and see' with a viral outbreak. This is what dead people did.

EDIT: Lot of people on this thread like "oh this is way overblown yada yada ya'll gonna be the first ones to check out when a full blown killer gets out. will be interesting to hear your take when you're dead.

What we have here is an interesting test case for how to handle response a much more serious outbreak. We are currently failing the test.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Head for the bunkers.

PUHLEASE

Reaction Score
China is a big place,guys. You can both be right.
I know I’m right. His factory may have been closed and employees quarantined, but the whole country wasn’t.

Reaction Score
Turner probably couldn’t be happier. The rating will be through the roof. Also puts a crazy importance on the bench mob. They’re gonna be making all the noise
Still doesn’t mean anyone will ever watch TruTV when the tournament ends.

Reaction Score
This is the correct answer. Only one of you can be right, and it's not gb.
What a dope. He said the entire country. I never said anything about hid company. I don’t know squat about his company, nor do I care to know something about a company dumb enough to hire him. He extrapolated that to saying the whole country was quarantined. It was not.

Reaction Score
Not cool.
he's 100% correct. this is what happens when you believe in the mystical healing powers of tiger penis etc. and as a country fund the black market trade of endangered species. the only silver lining i can think of that will come of this is the permanent ban on these exotic markets throughout china, which is expected.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that there is more risk at a basketball game than there is going to school all day.
Bingo. The only way this makes sense is if they quarantine the entire country. More people walk up and down 5th Avenue every day in close quarters than will go to any of these games. Why aren’t they closing NY??

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
100 percent the right call. I’m all for being inconvenienced for a few weeks to get this thing crushed and move on instead of going full on anarchy.
Just got some stuff at the grocery store. Shocked there was still antibacterial soaps and sprays so I got a few.
My biggest concern is food and utilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom