NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 13 | The Boneyard

NCAA Softball Tournament

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Damn Oklahoma's good.

Ill be surprised if they don't go 2-0 against James Madison tomorrow

Reaction Score
Grueling schedule but if anyone can do it, Oklahoma can. Pitching will be key. Offense is on fire.

DonniHoo? Damn. Talk about peaking at the right time!

Reaction Score
Oklahoma comes out of the gate and crushes a home run. 1-0 bottom of 1st.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma wins. Forced another game at 6 CT.

I guess this thread is dead? Weird.

Reaction Score
JMU might just be in trouble. Alexander didn’t look particularly sharp throughout the game, and OU has the deeper pitching staff.

I can only imagine how tired Alexander is at this point.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Oklahoma wins. Forced another game at 6 CT.

I guess this thread is dead? Weird.

I'm still watching.

I think people just have nothing much to say about the inevitable (and predictable) finals..... which is probably gonna be Oklahoma vs Alabama.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm still watching.

I think people just have nothing much to say about the inevitable (and predictable) finals..... which is probably gonna be Oklahoma vs Alabama.
I will go with Alabama to win it all. Montana never lost in a big game.

Reaction Score
I'm still watching.

I see. The boneyard must have been dead during the Stewie years with that mentality. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with Beth Mowins? She was recently announced as calling the Olympics for NBC with Michelle Smith.

An excellent softball announcer, good with WBB and even passable with football. A pro, in other words.
I agree-I think Mowins is great.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with Beth Mowins? She was recently announced as calling the Olympics for NBC with Michelle Smith.

An excellent softball announcer, good with WBB and even passable with football. A pro, in other words.
Nails on a chalkboard to me. I think she made it through one or two Monday night football games and they quickly moved her somewhere else. I don't call that passable. She also seems pretty clueless to me on most sports and has routinely miss-spoken. Pro? Hardly.

My .02. I hate mayo also, you may love it.

Reaction Score
Updated tv schedule after last nights rain cancellations (Eastern Time):

Monday, June 7:
Game 13:
James Madison vs. No. 1 Oklahoma, 4 p.m., ESPN
Game 14: No. 10 Florida State vs. No. 3 Alabama, 7 p.m., ESPN

Championship series:

Game 1:
Tuesday, June 8, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Game 2: Wednesday, June 9, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Game 3 (if necessary): Thursday, June 10, TBD

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if JMU will pitch Alexander. I don't think a backup has come in yet for her. Great pitcher but that's a lot to ask of anyone.

Reaction Score
When you see it....honk:

PXL_20210607_011845459.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder if JMU will pitch Alexander. I don't think a backup has come in yet for her. Great pitcher but that's a lot to ask of anyone.
Bet the house. Divine intervention with those rain delays giving her a day of rest

Reaction Score
For me, Beth Mowins if fine with softball if they give her a solid color announcer (Michelle Smith or Amanda Scarborough). Not so much for basketball and football.

Moving the "as necessary" games to today was the only way to go if you wanted to see competitive games. Really surprised the NCAA made a smart decision for a change (think Patty Gasso's venting had anything to do with that? ;)). The girls are used to those kind of schedules as this kind of thing is pretty standard in travel ball, but it doesn't lead to the best games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For me, Beth Mowins if fine with softball if they give her a solid color announcer (Michelle Smith or Amanda Scarborough). Not so much for basketball and football.

Moving the "as necessary" games to today was the only way to go if you wanted to see competitive games. Really surprised the NCAA made a smart decision for a change (think Patty Gasso's venting had anything to do with that? ;)). The girls are used to those kind of schedules as this kind of thing is pretty standard in travel ball, but it doesn't lead to the best games.
Beth Mowins without Antonelli to amplify the squawking is fine. Her softball partners are always well grounded and understated.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Alexander left in one batter too long. Should've been taken out when game was 4-1.

She has nothing left that Oklahoma doesn't recognize anymore.

Well... game's over anyways. So whatever at this point.

Reaction Score
Tough way to end it, but Alexander's body language changed in the 4th. You could tell she was getting frustrated. Oklahoma is just too good to keep down. I wonder what would have happened if they had pulled her sooner.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have the utmost respect for Odicci Alexander!!! She is a champion and the star of the this WCWS imo. She is the one everyone is talking about. I already jumped on board and purchased a JMU softball shirt for my daughters. Great player!!

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Montana Fouts is feeling the effects of a 3 day rest. Murph should be fired if they lose this game. Seriously... can't keep a pitcher who was on fire on ice for 3 days.

Anyways, Bama has to start scoring runs or this will be a golden opportunity missed. One of their best teams ever has got to reach at least the Finals in a down year for UCLA and Florida.

3-0 Florida State early.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom