NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 10 | The Boneyard

NCAA Softball Tournament

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This game is so sad I think I'll change to Arizona-Arkansas at the top of the hour.

edit--well never mind, LAX is going long.

This is almost certainly going to be a run rule game, so it will be over pretty soon anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to JMU and Missouri later.

Would love to see VT pull off the upset but that seems like too much to ask.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
9-1 OU gets their run rule. Sis Bates gets 1 more hit (UW career leader) before it ended. Great career, she's irreplaceable. 3 time Pac 12 DPOY.

OU is really good. Gonna be tough to beat them. Their pitching is much better than I realized, and of course their hitters are just filthy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas forces a Game 3 against Oklahoma St.

After lots of offense yesterday, Arizona-Arkansas locked in a scoreless pitcher's duel in the 4th inning.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Zona and OU. Missouri already up 6-0 after 2 innings, Alexander chased out the game.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Zona and OU. Missouri already up 6-0 after 2 innings, Alexander chased out the game.
Better to save her for tomorrow. Missouri can get hot in a hurry, no reason to waste her when the offense likely isn't coming back

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I turned the TV off when Arkansas was about to go up 1-0 and Arizona was getting no hit thru 4 innings. Looks like I did 'Zona a favor.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I went to the ESPN channel on my Roku, looking for the OU vs Washington replay from today. It appears in the available replay games but when I select it, a college baseball game pops up. Happens to be the game that is listed next to the softball game. No idea if it is because the game was on ABC or not. Hopefully it will get fixed or it will show up on YouTube.
Another biotch about the ESPN channel/app...I was watching the replay of the OU Wichita State game (the second game in the Regional) and the replay just ends during the last inning. I am guessing that it was because they switched the game to ESPNNEWS because Sunday Night Baseball took precedence on ESPN and didn't know how to do the splicing of the videos. Or didn't care. Afterall, OU only scored 24 runs, 10 in the 7th inning.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I hate the way ESPN moves these games around. I like to record them and their nonsense makes it impossible.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know what happened in that first game, but UCLA beat VA Tech fairly easily tonight to advance. Only 1 opening remaining for OKC.

Reaction Score
Better to save her for tomorrow. Missouri can get hot in a hurry, no reason to waste her when the offense likely isn't coming back

I’m sure JMU has no other choice, but Missouri seems to be one of those teams that won’t get burned twice by the same pitcher once they have them figured out. They were all over her today. I’m intrigued to see how JMU regroups.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I knew Missouri was gonna win Game 2. JMU reminds me of Virginia Tech. When you throw one pitcher for 3 games, teams like UCLA and Missouri eventually guesses where the pitches comes in better and they're gonna figure you out. Missouri is clearly the better team, like UCLA was. I'm not even sure if I would pitcher Alexander tomorrow, their 2nd pitcher seems really good too. It's a tough choice tomorrow, but probably won't matter either way if JMU can't score.

I might've been wrong writing Texas off tho, because I think they have a real good chance tomorrow. But JMU I highly doubt can win this. They scored 3 runs in 2 games. Kinda like Florida. In fact, other than the stinker that Florida laid, the other series has gone pretty much according to script.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Games scheduled for today:

12 PM Missouri (1-1) vs. James Madison (1-1) ESPN
4 PM Oklahoma St (1-1) vs. Texas (1-1) ESPN

So far, #1 Oklahoma, #2 UCLA, #3 Alabama, #10 Florida State, #11 Arizona, Unranked Georgia have all punched their ticket. That means:
PAC12 has 2
SEC has 2, with possibly Mizzou
Big12 will have 2, Oklahoma and Ok St/Texas winner
ACC has 1
Colonial

I chuckle at the prognostication as you never know if the pitcher will have her "A" stuff or not. Look at Rachel Garcia on Friday night vs. Virginia Tech, she was brutal, yet last night, she threw a 2 hitter under 90 pitches.

Maybe Missouri does have her sequences down, maybe they don't. We shall see. For the record, I picked both JMU and Texas and all the ones in bold above. Only Georgia ruined my outlook.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I knew Missouri was gonna win Game 2. JMU reminds me of Virginia Tech. When you throw one pitcher for 3 games, teams like UCLA and Missouri eventually guesses where the pitches comes in better and they're gonna figure you out. Missouri is clearly the better team, like UCLA was. I'm not even sure if I would pitcher Alexander tomorrow, their 2nd pitcher seems really good too. It's a tough choice tomorrow, but probably won't matter either way if JMU can't score.

I might've been wrong writing Texas off tho, because I think they have a real good chance tomorrow. But JMU I highly doubt can win this. They scored 3 runs in 2 games.

6750cc0a93878e2c881798ac735819dd.png

Horrible call at home plate..... wth. Inning should've been over 4-2.

I'm mad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy JMU is gonna likely advance, Alexander is a stud. Missouri coach is a moron to pull her best pitcher so quickly, the bullpen has been a disaster.

Reaction Score
Congrats JMU well deserved! I hope the unseeded teams (them and Georgia) go on a run in OKC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know this ain't a baseball thread, but I gotta post this

First time in school history... on a 12 game winning streak

Swept baseball AND softball, not sure if that's ever been done in the ACC

joy.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So it takes 12 SEC teams in the field to get 2 to OKC. Duly noted. The Pac 12 and Big 12 accomplished the same, w/ A LOT less participants. And nearly half of those teams were slotted to host Super Regionals.

Seriously, the entire selection committee needs to be tarred and feathered and run out of town. Or worse.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Since you opened the door...what happened yesterday when Maryland thoroughly kicked the Blue Devils butts in the Lacrosse Semifinals 14-5? That’s a whooping like I have never seen in a semifinal....
Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
So it takes 12 SEC teams in the field to get 2 to OKC. Duly noted. The Pac 12 and Big 12 accomplished the same, w/ A LOT less participants. And nearly half of those teams were slotted to host Super Regionals.

Seriously, the entire selection committee needs to be tarred and feathered and run out of town. Or worse.
Hell, the Pac-12 only has 9 teams that even play the sport. Despite only getting one home SR, almost a quarter of the league is going to OKC.

Arizona knocked two of those SEC teams out all on their own despite not having a dominant pitcher.

Reaction Score

Just to add to that. Five of the top eight seeds are from the SEC. Then, go back to the NCAA basketball tournament where six SEC teams were seeded in the top 16 (with only two actually making it to the Sweet 16). No conference is that much better than the other Power Five conferences.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom