NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAA Softball Tournament

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I am glad to see coaches talking out loud about this.
Will it do any good? The committee was so brazen, I kinda doubt they care what anybody thinks. They can't possibly think they wouldn't get called out for it, but still did it.

Reaction Score
LSU's performance to end the game was absolutely pathetic. What a choke job. Tidwell has no business playing at this level.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UCLA beats VPI to even the series 1-1.

Reaction Score
Will it do any good? The committee was so brazen, I kinda doubt they care what anybody thinks. They can't possibly think they wouldn't get called out for it, but still did it.
Well, I don't know if it will do any good. But I do know that if coaches keep their mouth shut and take it, nothing will ever change. You may be right in that they don't care what anybody thinks, especially when they don't have to explain their thinking. But there is one of two things going on, incompetence or bias. Talking out loud about it is the first step in exposing which one of those two it is and MAYBE getting something done about it. Because this is not fair to the kids.

Reaction Score
I'm a new softball fan. I haven't really followed intensely until this year, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing and I'm eagering anticipating nearly every game.

View attachment 67568
I love watching and always root for the underdog. Except last night when James Madison beat Mizzou

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
And because the NCAA website STINKS-here's the list of games today for everyone's edification:
Visitor first, Network
12 Noon Florida (0-1) vs. Georgia (1-0) ESPN
2 PM Alabama (1-0) vs. Kentucky (0-1) ESPN
3 PM Oklahoma (1-0) vs. Washington (0-1) ABC (first time on National network!!!!)
4 PM Oklahoma St (1-0) vs. Texas (0-1) ESPN
5 PM Arkansas (0-1) vs. Arizona (1-0) ESPN2
7 PM Missouri (0-1) vs. James Madison ESPN2
9:30 PM Virginia Tech (1-1) vs. UCLA (1-1) ESPN2

Should be a great day of softball!

Reaction Score
Georgia picked the right time to get hot. Avant has been terrific and the bats have come up clutch.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Even with the enormous amount of stacking the deck in the SEC's favor, they might only get 2 teams into the World Series (by default, because there are 2 all SEC Super Regionals).
Yes, the SEC was given far too much credence in the seeding. Your team was screwed as a 16 seed and even Arizona was shortchanged as #11 seed but at least Arizona gets to expose the SEC. The bias is shown by the hosting at the regional level, which equivalent to the Sweet 16 could/should be at a neutral set of sites if possible. Have the top 4 host if you want where those sites would have 4-6 games Oklahoma (1v16; 8v9); UCLA (2v15; 7v10); Alabama (3v14: 6v11) And Florida (4v13; 5v12). So only the top 4 have the home field advantage for the WS.
LSU, Missouri and Arkansas were clearly given huge bias for. I am rooting for all 3 to lose.

Reaction Score
SEC was completely over seeded in softball. Did many of them deserve to host? Sure but not as many that were seeded.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any elite SEC softball teams outside of Alabama with Fouts. Florida isn't the same animal this year with no Barnhill and no offense.

Arkansas and Missouri are good teams but not what I would call CWS material. LSU is a top 20 team, not a top 10 team.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Wow, Georgia up 6-0 and the run rule run is on 2nd with 1 out! While I picked Florida in this series, to see the arrogant Tim Walton lose at home in a run rule game would be priceless!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
SEC was completely over seeded in softball. Did many of them deserve to host? Sure but not as many that were seeded.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any elite SEC softball teams outside of Alabama with Fouts. Florida isn't the same animal this year with no Barnhill and no offense.

Arkansas and Missouri are good teams but not what I would call CWS material. LSU is a top 20 team, not a top 10 team.

There are not 7 teams better than anyone in the SEC but Bama. Even if you think UW is a CWS team who were unfortunately seeded against the #1 team Oklahoma, they have the same problems as Florida... inept offense (sometimes). Hard to say there are 7 teams better than anyone in the SEC but Bama.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Where is the strike zone in Norman, OK? They aren't giving Plain anything today. Not the outside part of the plate, not the bottom of the knees. Brutal.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not sure what @SimpleDawg is saying. I am absolutely saying only Florida, Alabama and Arkansas deserve top 8 seeds and hosting duties. LSU at #7 (and 20 losses!) and Mizzou at #8 with 16 losses are/were all over seeded. Add in the fact Georgia, as an unseeded team got to host last weekend and Tennessee at #9 were seeded better than Clemson, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon and even ND shows there were issues with this seeding. Big10 got the raw deal and some really good PAC12 and ACC teams were shortchanged as well. My view based on conference records and the Softball poll are
#1 Oklahoma
#2 UCLA
#3 Alabama
#4 Florida
#5 Oklahoma St are all seeded logically.
#6 Arkansas while probably a tad to high is still top 8.
#7 was LSU and should have been FSU.
#8 is Mizzou and should have been Washington
From a top 16
#9 Michigan
#10 Clemson
#11 Arizona
#12 Texas
#13 Duke
#14 Oregon
#15 James Madison (always good and deserved more consideration)
#16 Mizzou or Arizona St
This means 3 SEC in top 8, and 4 in top 16. The committee should be regularly called out and embarrassed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
With the ump refusing to call strikes for Plain, she was struggling mightily. She got lifted to start the 3rd inning. Pretty lucky it's only 2-0.

Reaction Score
My view based on conference records and the Softball poll are
I have stated the SEC was overseeded, including by own LSU team but don't agree with your seedings respectfully. Committee is seeding based off of SOS, RPI, Record vs Top 25/Top 50, Worst Losses, Performance at end of season, injury considerations. They botched many of the seeds placement, not that some teams shouldn't be hosting but some of the top seeds have to face a more difficult regional foe than some of the lower seeds which isn't fair and goes against the point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
2 run bomb, 4-0. W/ the way UW is hitting, this game is over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW got 1 run back, but Plain back on the hill and gave up a dinger to Alo. 5-1. OU will be moving on today.

edit--oops, 6-1, I forgot about a walked batter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom