NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAA Softball Tournament

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dawgs still have some life! 2 run single, 2 in scoring position, 1 out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan shut that rally down, no more damage done. Wasted opportunity by UW there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We got us a ballgame. 5-4. Allchin solo shot to start B4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought UW was totally dead in the water. Just tied it at 5. Chased the Michigan starter and now 2 straight hits against their other ace. Runner on 2nd, no outs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Holy cow, Michigan has fallen apart. 10-5 UW, 7 runs this inning.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Michigan only had one official "error" in the 4th inning, but their defense let them down tremendously.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Fine with me. It's only 9:03 here.

*Edit in..... looks like Washington is done. I'm out. For an hour and half until midway of the next Texas/Oregon game

Well dang... I sure called that one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
10-5 final, UW advances.

I really feel for Michigan. They should've been hosting a Regional, not shipped out to Seattle to play the Huskies. Raw deal for both teams.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Oregon and Texas going down the wire.

Danggg.....pretty crappy way to end for Oregon, but they had two below .200 hitters as the final 2 hitters of the game.

Last edited:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
10-5 final, UW advances.

I really feel for Michigan. They should've been hosting a Regional, not shipped out to Seattle to play the Huskies. Raw deal for both teams.
Yup. Those finals innings were at 2:00am back in Michigan's time zone.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Well, Georgia won and advanced. Shameful that a team that wasn't even seeded got to host. Michigan or several other teams should've had that opportunity. If Duke couldn't host, take their seed away. Just dumb.
I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I don't know if anyone else corrected what happened. The NCAA named 20 potential sites in advance, which they don't normally do. At the time, Duke was not doing so well and Georgia had not yet lost like most of their last 10 games. So Athens was on the list, Duke was not. The reason was to allow for protocols to be developed for the site re: Coronovirus.

So, when the time came around, Duke was not on the list of teams able to host. The disgrace - if there is one - is the NCAA's.

And while I agree that Michigan may have deserved a hosting slot, well, the B1G is gone.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I had a big problem with Georgia being allowed to host. Just a shady way to give another SEC team a home regional. There was no need to grant hosting rights that far out, especially since it's obvious that the committee really didn't care about the pandemic anyway.

The only way Arizona was able to keep their RPI high was taking two trips over 1000 miles each to play or attempt to play games in Texas and Florida. Washington was punished for their weak out-of-conference, but the Huskies would have had to do the same thing to improve it. They would have had to risk their staff and student-athletes by taking long road trips. The ACC and SEC don't have those regional difficulties. If the committee cared about safety, no way would Oregon have been sent to Texas.

Since they obviously didn't care, Duke shouldn't have been eliminated from hosting weeks before the season ended. And if they were, Oregon should have been given that home regional, not freaking Georgia.

It's all garbage.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So who does everyone got for the regionals to get to WCWS?
I have:
Ok over UW
JMU over Missou
Texas over OSU
Florida over Georgia

on the other side I have:
Alabama over KY
Arizona over Arkansas
FSU over LSU*
UCLA over VPI

•LSU if Kim Mulkey makes an appearance I pick LSU as she may be the good luck charm!

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I have:
Ok over UW
JMU over Missou
Texas over OSU
Florida over Georgia

Alabama over KY
Arizona over Arkansas
FSU over LSU*
UCLA over VPI

•LSU if Kim Mulkey makes an appearance I pick LSU as she may be the good luck charm!

I think OSU is much better than Texas... Texas won't win that one (would be highly surprised).

JMU vs Missouri is a much closer series, but I think Missouri has all around better players for James Madison to take more than 1 game over them. But they still do have a really good chance being they're always playing low scoring games.

I can also see Virginia Tech upsetting UCLA. They're really coming on strong, but UCLA is bound to explode some time.

The rest.... I agree. But JMU/Missouri and V-Tech/UCLA are the only 2 that's a crapshoot to me.

Reaction Score
FSU over LSU*
giphy.gif

Could be a low scoring affair. Both teams are offensively challenged although LSU hit well in their regional somehow last weekend.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have:
Ok over UW
JMU over Missou
Texas over OSU
Florida over Georgia

Alabama over KY
Arizona over Arkansas
FSU over LSU*
UCLA over VPI

Well, it is hard to argue against the top 4 seeds what-so-ever. Sadly, 4 of my least favorite teams. But really, really good teams.

For the rest, I think Arizona / Arkansas, FSU / LSU are toss-ups. I think OSU over Texas, but not certain. Yes, I would think JMU might very well take Mizzou.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
All chalk with the exceptions of Washington over Oklahoma and Arizona over Arkansas. You may call me crazy but we shall see :eek:

Reaction Score
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You changed the OP thread title!! It was the GREATEST SEC Softball Tournament thread OF ALL TIME!!!! And you just RUINT IT!!!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Potential Special Pitching performance by VTech's Keely Rochard striking out the first 6 UCLA players. Game currently on ESPN She also pitched every pitch in the regionals

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Bri Perez.... ugh.

She's generally really good. Can't forget 2019 vs Oklahoma in the National Title game, but dayum... she's been costing her team lately. She just flat dropped a slow grounding/bouncing ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom