NCAA Scandal and Kevin Ollie | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA Scandal and Kevin Ollie

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I’ll take KO over a cheating scumbag coach everyday of the week, even if it means just being an average team. Play by the rules and graduate the players and I’m fine.
Possibly the worst post ever....

In the humble words of Herm Edwards:
You play to win the game, HELLO!?!

If you're fine with the last two years, or even being average, please find another team to root for...

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to take anything you say serious anymore ( I used to ) when you refer to anyone who doesn’t share your opinions as idiots. Your rude, insulting, condescending, arrogant and have become kind of a jerk. WERE ALL UConn FANS.... and we all want what’s best for the program even it we don’t all agree on everything all the time about how to fix things or who’s fault it is for how bad things have gotten. I’ve posted about 300 times ( I’m usually content to read and give out lots of likes) and 98 % or the insults directed towards my posts or me personally are from you. it’s always you. I’ve been following UConn since 1962 and this has been a real rough patch to get past for all of us, your not the only one that cares or is disappointed. Get over yourself...Just sayin..... Have a good night

Man this hurts because you used to take me serious lol. Hey check your June 27th 2017 post and also your July 8th 2017 post and explain those directed at me. Glass houses pal. ;)

More spew about nothing you don’t know basketball you just know “he sucks as a coach.” Bring something to the table, heck after 56 years of being such a wonderful fan there has to be more there than “KO sucks”?

Doubt it but thanks for caring about me time to move on isn’t it?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think Ayton is clean in the sense he didn't actually receive any of the impermissible benefit addressed in the wiretap . It is evident to me based on my own intuition that Alkins is dirty and should not be playing.
Then who got the money if Ayton is clean?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Their logic is:
- program is undisciplined
- program has fallen off where they likely can't attract/pay a top-level D1 men's coach
- what are other options for instilling discipline and winning...

Not suggesting Geno would be interested. Only pointing out Pitt hoops fans have an active thread on it.
I remember when (on a board including all then BE schools) St John's had an enormous thread on it. A couple of years later PC had similar threads.

I would be surprised if there haven't be dozens of these throughout major mens college hoops over the past decade and a half.

Reaction Score

If you're fine with the last two years, or even being average, please find another team to root for...
I want to root for a team who will refuse to stoop to the level of the teams who need to cheat to win. Recruit players without cheating. If they need money to come to UConn tell them to not let the door hit them on the way out. Get kids who want to come to UConn, kids who want to go to class and graduate. Let the one and done types go else where.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I want to root for a team who will refuse to stoop to the level of the teams who need to cheat to win. Recruit players without cheating. If they need money to come to UConn tell them to not let the door hit them on the way out. Get kids who want to come to UConn, kids who want to go to class and graduate. Let the one and done types go else where.
I respect that, but can we focus on actually winning too, and make that a priority...if so we're on the same page

Reaction Score
Look, Ollie on multiple levels, should be shown the door. KO would have a hard time arguing otherwise.

The question is if you allow him to steer the UConn ship just a little longer while the rest of college hoops is in peril over potential coaching changes, tourney bans, and recruits likely avoiding those schools.

No one is bigger than the program. It’s not the UKev or UCalhoun. And that’s why so many of us are willing to show KO the door given recent results.

But can we also ignore developed hatred for the guy and frustration over what’s become of UConn to give him another year because in this climate, it might be best for the program?

I don’t have the answer. Don’t know. And obviously, before the clowns come out, if he is caught paying players or faces major infractions, yes this is moot. In the absence of those facts, do we just fire him anyway?
But we’ve had a few injuries. If not for those, don’t you know the team would play hard at all times, run an efficient offense and play suffocating defense, and all would be picnics and rainbows in Olliewood?

Reaction Score
I’ll take KO over a cheating scumbag coach everyday of the week, even if it means just being an average team. Play by the rules and graduate the players and I’m fine.
Please define what you think an average team is? I hope 13-16 and 6-10 in the bleeping American conference, with a litany of bad blowouts on national tv isn’t it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man this hurts because you used to take me serious lol. Hey check your June 27th 2017 post and also your July 8th 2017 post and explain those directed at me. Glass houses pal. ;)

More spew about nothing you don’t know basketball you just know “he sucks as a coach.” Bring something to the table, heck after 56 years of being such a wonderful fan there has to be more there than “KO sucks”?

Doubt it but thanks for caring about me time to move on isn’t it?

I know basketball very well, and when I explained specifically why KO is not a good coach, you chimed in with things like "broken record" and a bunch of insults. At least you finally realize that KO needs to go.

All most of us ever wanted was a coach who would give us hope for AAC regular season titles, decent NCAA seeds and a shot at some sort of run in the tourney. I still am optimistic that the right coach can provide that.

Reaction Score

The fact that the worst post ever in your opinion is about integrity should probably concern you.

Reaction Score
We aspire to be average.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
The fact that the worst post ever in your opinion is about integrity should probably concern you.
Losing and having this once proud program become a joke concerns me.....

Reaction Score
A 1957 article in Life magazine titled “What It Took to Get Wilt” said KU used an “army” of recruiters and hinted that it took “under the table” cash to land Chamberlain, who according to the report was “sought by a hundred campuses.” Wilt also drove a 1957 Oldsmobile 88 Tri-Power convertible as a sophomore at KU. The FBI and NCAA is 60 years late!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom