NCAA Scandal and Kevin Ollie | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA Scandal and Kevin Ollie

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Linky? Id love a good giggle.

Insider's board is paid. I only know what's happening there because my wife is a Pitt alum and has a membership.

Btw, the actual decision makers at Pitt seem to believe they can compete for Danny Hurley. Fans think Hurley will have many better options.

Last edited:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
How many years are you giving Hurley to bring the program back to a level that would satisfy you?

He'll get 3 and some will call for his head midway through year 2.

Imo we need to be top 20 in 4 years and talk of contending for a banner in year 5 if weve got any shot at a P5. Scary.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Imo we need to be top 20 in 4 years and talk of contending for a banner in year 5 if weve got any shot at a P5. Scary.

Here’s hoping that AD Dave can hold strong on keeping the buyout down.

Then again, given his egregious failure to do that in November of 2016, that seems like wishful thinking.

Reaction Score

Contending for a banner like the Gonzaga’s of the world is probably our ceiling. I don’t think any coach is going to get us to where we were before considering our conference affiliation. People need to set reasonable expectations. We can at least be in the top 3 of this conference every year with a good coach.

Reaction Score
How many years are you giving Hurley to bring the program back to a level that would satisfy you?
I guarantee after 2 years with Hurley we’ll at least be competitive. Ppl just don’t want to suck. That’s all most are asking for

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Its all eyes on 2023. Dont get it twisted.

Reaction Score
Ive kinda felt like ollie and diacos extensions were to show the big 12 stability just prior to all that talk of adding teams.

Well how scalitoing stupid was that.

Reaction Score
Dude, no one said he’s a paragon of virtue.

And everyone recognizes how bad he’s been and deserves to be shown the door.

If your opinion is that given how horrendous he’s been to the program and given how we are under investigation ourselves, which you presume is as bad as the payment scandal, he should be shown the door regardless of what happens in the general scope of college basketball, then just state that.

Responding with “this thread is a show” and nothing else is a “ show contribution”.

Hate when posters respond, “that’s the dumbest thing I ever hear”. “You’re an idiot” “people here have lost it”. Just write a counter response and move on.

Can’t people have meaningful conversations and write what they think without personal attacks and while offering some basis of thought

Good point.

Reaction Score
you're talking about something completely different. the level of infraction is a completely different issue. my point is that if the NCAA catches you doing 'x' or the FBI catches you doing 'x' and turns the information over to the NCAA, it doesn't matter. you're going to face the same consequences regardless of how it was discovered.
Well thanks captain obvious. i'll have to remember you're thinking on level 0 next time i engage in a convo with you.

Reaction Score
Agree. He better have us in the second weekend next year with a top 15 class asap or it’s a waste and a failure.
lolwut. So you'd take an 8-23 Ollie team over a first year coach going say 21-12?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Are you saying they may be forced to drop him because it’ll be a sellers market?

Meaning so many coaches get fired, they should be able to school a great name at a cheap price?

Or the lack of available coaching talent will make it too expensive to hire someone?

if that theory comes to fruition, then they'll be plenty of opportunities for clean coaches

I don't think that environment is coming

Reaction Score
Ollie cheated. He has cheated us out of the last 2 seasons. He has cheated the players he does not develop. He cheated UConn out of money. Don’t you feel cheated?

Did you feel cheated with the National Championship because you can't have it all? Were you smiling as he was holding up 4 fingers after the Kentucky game?

Then the answer is no I don't feel "cheated" as in this case "cheated" is a crappy choice of words. Sean Miller cheated, KO slept on his laurels these 2 would be a huge difference. He has tried to coach a bunch of not very good players due to his inability (or passion?) to recruit better. Kids have been wounded and hurt, others just not living up to their billing. He has tried to help kids improve and some have, they just aren't very good. Add to that he has not coached very well at all, in game coaching would seem to be his weakness the last 2 years and will drive him out. But cheating it's not, I don't care what they gave financially for him to do it every year. Everyone here loved him after the first 2 years and most were fine with him, so let's not all be heroes about him exiting the program.

Besides the fact he hasn't lived up to his end of the deal and doesn't deserve to stay, how the heck could we stand the Boneyard anymore if they kept him here? I wouldn't mind if the idiots went away and never came back but they won't, couldn't stand another year and a summer of this crap quite honestly. Always loved coming here to discuss basketball but that's gone, been history for quite a while. I don't care if it's crappy basketball there's something there to talk about if you love the game but our fans prefer other avenues of discussion and have a for a while with the agenda. Although it won't be the same here and can't look at many the same, it would be nice to get back to basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did you feel cheated with the National Championship because you can't have it all? Were you smiling as he was holding up 4 fingers after the Kentucky game?

Then the answer is no I don't feel "cheated" as in this case "cheated" is a crappy choice of words. Sean Miller cheated, KO slept on his laurels these 2 would be a huge difference. He has tried to coach a bunch of not very good players due to his inability (or passion?) to recruit better. Kids have been wounded and hurt, others just not living up to their billing. He has tried to help kids improve and some have, they just aren't very good. Add to that he has not coached very well at all, in game coaching would seem to be his weakness the last 2 years and will drive him out. But cheating it's not, I don't care what they gave financially for him to do it every year. Everyone here loved him after the first 2 years and most were fine with him, so let's not all be heroes about him exiting the program.

Besides the fact he hasn't lived up to his end of the deal and doesn't deserve to stay, how the heck could we stand the Boneyard anymore if they kept him here? I wouldn't mind if the idiots went away and never came back but they won't, couldn't stand another year and a summer of this crap quite honestly. Always loved coming here to discuss basketball but that's gone, been history for quite a while. I don't care if it's crappy basketball there's something there to talk about if you love the game but our fans prefer other avenues of discussion and have a for a while with the agenda. Although it won't be the same here and can't look at many the same, it would be nice to get back to basketball.
Kinda hard to take anything you say serious anymore ( I used to ) when you refer to anyone who doesn’t share your opinions as idiots. Your rude, insulting, condescending, arrogant and have become kind of a jerk. WERE ALL UConn FANS.... and we all want what’s best for the program even it we don’t all agree on everything all the time about how to fix things or who’s fault it is for how bad things have gotten. I’ve posted about 300 times ( I’m usually content to read and give out lots of likes) and 98 % or the insults directed towards my posts or me personally are from you...... it’s always you. I’ve been following UConn since 1962 and this has been a real rough patch to get past for all of us, your not the only one that cares or is disappointed. Get over yourself...Just sayin..... Have a good night

Reaction Score
Hilarious that Ayton and Bridges both played and had monster games this weekend.
I think Ayton is clean in the sense he didn't actually receive any of the impermissible benefit addressed in the wiretap . It is evident to me based on my own intuition that Alkins is dirty and should not be playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom