NCAA Final Four | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big jumper by Wiscy to end the half - they needed it.

Reaction Score
I just can't stand this Kentucky team. I've rooted against them forever but this team is by far the worst. At least Anthony Davis's team was enjoyable to watch.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Question for y'all watching in CT. Out here, Pitt has been running ads during the NCAAs for Pitt football, with Pat Narduzzi promising Pitt will be tough again and win. Does UConn run ads featuring Diaco out there (or did they last tourney)?

Reaction Score
Izzo is something like 1-8 against Duke/UNC. Most have been blood baths. As good as he is that has to be held against him when calling him by far the "best coach" out there.

I do think making the Final 4, while a huge accomplishment, can be overrated as a measuring stick. Sometimes the committee flat out screws up. Kentucky, Duke, Wisconsin, Arizona, Notre Dame, UNC were simply better teams than anyone in the East region at the end of the year. Same thing happened to UConn in 1995 and 2002.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And I would not trade our 5 trips to his 7.

Nor would I, but Izzo definitely deserves to be in any conversation of top coaches right now. There's K and then there's the tier below, which includes Roy. And I'd take Izzo over Roy seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I bet Izzo wouldn't even need the fake classes/grades to deliver more titles if he had the talent UNC's had.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Wiscy fighting to get the lead back (now up 48-44). Great game so far.

Reaction Score
Nor would I, but Izzo definitely deserves to be in any conversation of top coaches right now. There's K and then there's the tier below, which includes Roy. And I'd take Izzo over Roy seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I bet Izzo wouldn't even need the fake classes/grades to deliver more titles if he had the talent UNC's had.

Roy gets a lot of flack but he's become really underrated as he gets hated on more and more. At worst he's a slightly better version of Calipari.

Reaction Score
Man, Wisconsin is flat out a nightmare matchup. They can all shoot 3's and they can all take it to the rim. I imagine this has to be beyond frustrating for a guy like Calapari who coaches basketball like your girlfriend plays video games. Watch him on the sideline, you can practically see him moving the controller with his body when his player jumps.

Reaction Score
Criminal call on that charge to take away the 3 at a crucial point in the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Wisky doesn't hold on, I'm now convinced Duke can beat UK by double digits.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure they'd beat them by double digits, but as I kept pointing out, Kentucky hasn't played anyone this year. They're still really good, but they aren't so much better than everyone else like people were saying. No way they are undefeated in the B1G, BXII, or ACC.

Sort of reminds me of Duke in 1999. A really really good team who got through a weak ACC undefeated and so was built up as an all-time great team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kentucky is shooting great, otherwise they would be in a hole. They usually don't look this good.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Excalibur said:
That was horrendous.

Harrison even slide under a guy in the air. Just a phenomenally poor call.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow what a bull charge.

Yep Officiating has nothing to do with this game at all
Wiscy drives not once not twice but 3 times, gets mugged no whistle
BS charge call takes away a 3 in a tight game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online