NBA Summer League | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
daniels is at summer league trying to prove himself. bazz isn't. thats not a good look IMO.
I really don't think missing a Summer League game can hurt his image all that much. Besides, if Shabazz wasn't at the Espy's, there would be no representative from the UConn men's team

Reaction Score
Exposure is important and I think the Heat are happy that Bazz is needed at the Espy's. To have your 1st round draft pick possibly win an award and get some publicity is good for ticket and jersey sales. It's probably worth more than a summer league game and Bazz needed to clear his head anyway.

Reaction Score
exposure might be important to somebody who can make an impact on an nba roster. bazz has played like a guy who shouldnt be drafted for two summer leagues. For instance, larry drew played better than bazz has ever had. and larry drew SUCKS. idk, maybe he has just accepted where he is in his professional career.

Reaction Score
exposure might be important to somebody who can make an impact on an nba roster. bazz has played like a guy who shouldnt be drafted for two summer leagues. For instance, larry drew played better than bazz has ever had. and larry drew SUCKS. idk, maybe he has just accepted where he is in his professional career.

Someone needs to calm down. its one game, and its summer league. I'm sure Shabazz would appreciate your insight into what his decisions should and shouldnt be in regards to his career, but until he gives you the go ahead with that let's leave that stuff up to him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Relax James. It's summer league. It's like spring training in baseball, virtually meaningless. A guy can do great in it, then suck during the year. Conversely, a guy can suck it up in summer, and then kill it during the real season. Obviously, you'd like a guy to crush it, but it doesn't matter one lick if he doesn't.

Summer league is the exact opposite of team basketball. It's kind of like a highschool allstar game with more defense. Shabazz thrives in a team setting. He'll be fine.

Reaction Score
Relax James. It's summer league. It's like spring training in baseball, virtually meaningless. A guy can do great in it, then suck during the year. Conversely, a guy can suck it up in summer, and then kill it during the real season. Obviously, you'd like a guy to crush it, but it doesn't matter one lick if he doesn't.

Summer league is the exact opposite of team basketball. It's kind of like a highschool allstar game with more defense. Shabazz thrives in a team setting. He'll be fine.
one could only hope thats the case.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
one could only hope thats the case.

Look, I think Bazz will go through some serious growing pains his first year or two in the league. With LeBron that would have been significantly mitigated. But it is what it is.

He'll eventually figure it out.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is gonna roll over and play out his days quietly in the D league. Nothing he's done before this month has ever indicated anything otherwise... Kid has no heart and doesn't know how to win

Reaction Score

Oh dear, how will Shabazz ever repair his image after choosing to attend a media event instead of scrimmaging against d-leaguers? First he deletes the Lebron James tweets and now this? Next thing you know, Chief00's sources will be telling us that he slept in on Tuesday instead of getting up at 5:30 to WORK ON HIS GAME. Someone needs to get into this kid's ear about how he needs to go about preparing himself to play basketball at a high level, I'm talking championship level. Hey, maybe you're that guy.

Reaction Score
All you tongue in cheek posters need to realize Napier had one of ten worst Orlando summer league performances in nba history. He continued his horrid play into Vegas showing little improvement . I'm not discussing his image , I'm talking about how he declared himself the best pg in the draft.

Summer league also isn't completely meaningless. Lillard was co-MVP two years ago, leading a ROY campaign. For every adam Morrison there's a jeremy Lin. KO was out recruiting , Daniels was on a bench , Napier should have been playing not at the espys. I guess that's just my opinion , though it seems pretty obvious. The fact that yesterday could have been the heats last game makes his decision more questionable

Reaction Score
I won't get into the whole "image" thing because personally I didn't want to see him play another SL game, but I don't think the "its just summer league" posters have actually seen him play. Its not just missing shots, defensively, offensively, Bazz doesn't look a player who looks anywhere near playing meaningful minutes for an NBA team. It honestly looked like somone in the crowd who had won a raffle to get run on a team for the summer. The difference b/w the Heat when Drew is in compared to Bazz the past 2 games before he missed the last one has been eye opening.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Shabazz is gonna roll over and play out his days quietly in the D league. Nothing he's done before this month has ever indicated anything otherwise... Kid has no heart and doesn't know how to win
Sounds like a quote someone made during and after Bazz's sophomore season at UConn!! I just love how history has a way of repeating itself.

My take is this. Shabazz loves team play. Summer league is about making a statement by the individual players. Bazz get's no enjoyment from this type of game. He is a playmaker, a set up man. Surround him with a nucleus of players that work as a unit and he thrives. Give him a coach that has a game plan and he'll execute it. He is a heady player that loves to understand how his team mates play and then works to make them better. This won't happen in summer league. I just hope he has those type of players when the regular season begins.

As an aside, Bazz would struggle more with a player like Lance Stephenson than Kemba.

Reaction Score
All you tongue in cheek posters need to realize Napier had one of ten worst Orlando summer league performances in nba history. He continued his horrid play into Vegas showing little improvement . I'm not discussing his image , I'm talking about how he declared himself the best pg in the draft.

Summer league also isn't completely meaningless. Lillard was co-MVP two years ago, leading a ROY campaign. For every adam Morrison there's a jeremy Lin. KO was out recruiting , Daniels was on a bench , Napier should have been playing not at the espys. I guess that's just my opinion , though it seems pretty obvious. The fact that yesterday could have been the heats last game makes his decision more questionable

I cannot even imagine what difference even someone like you thinks a single game scrimmaging against guys scrapping for contracts would make with regard to anything that ever happens to Shabazz Napier for the rest of his life unless he got catastrophically hurt or met his future wife in stands on his way to the locker room. Please, try to articulate an actual difference that playing in that game instead of going to the Espy's or having dinner with his mother or performing with his doo wop group would have made with regard to his ability to perform as a basketball player. The fact that you think it demonstrates complacency is so unbelievably insulting to Napier that it is shocking. This guy just won a national championship for our school, showed nothing but constant effort, pulling the team along with him and demonstrated a force of will as a leader of young men that is so rare that we as fans may never see it again. But you see him go the Espy's instead of playing in a summer league game and say (in public!) "See, this kid doesn't get it." Do you have any idea what a completely ridiculous person you are?

Also, I did not know it was even possible to quantitatively assess and rank Orlando summer league performances "in nba history" and yet, apparently it is not only possible, but you have seen the list. Where is that list kept? Does Mark Tatum keep the list in a briefcase handcuffed to him at all times? Can you take a picture of the list with you phone and post it here?

Reaction Score
I cannot even imagine what difference even someone like you thinks a single game scrimmaging against guys scrapping for contracts would make with regard to anything that ever happens to Shabazz Napier for the rest of his life unless he got catastrophically hurt or met his future wife in stands on his way to the locker room. Please, try to articulate an actual difference that playing in that game instead of going to the Espy's or having dinner with his mother or performing with his doo wop group would have made with regard to his ability to perform as a basketball player. The fact that you think it demonstrates complacency is so unbelievably insulting to Napier that it is shocking. This guy just won a national championship for our school, showed nothing but constant effort, pulling the team along with him and demonstrated a force of will as a leader of young men that is so rare that we as fans may never see it again. But you see him go the Espy's instead of playing in a summer league game and say (in public!) "See, this kid doesn't get it." Do you have any idea what a completely ridiculous person you are?

Also, I did not know it was even possible to quantitatively assess and rank Orlando summer league performances "in nba history" and yet, apparently it is not only possible, but you have seen the list. Where is that list kept? Does Mark Tatum keep the list in a briefcase handcuffed to him at all times? Can you take a picture of the list with you phone and post it here?

@DraftExpress: Shabazz Napier out in Vegas now trying to make up for his Orlando Summer league performance, where he posted the 10th worst PER of all time.

This has nothing to do with his NCAA performance , and everything to do with how out of place he looks vs nba players. I know it's probably hard for people like you who don't watch the nba to understand this. I'm not slandering his character , just would have liked to see him prove his worth as a first round pick . Not hanging out with Anthony Anderson . He has a serious uphill battle for minutes , currently sitting on third string. Any opportunity matters.

Reaction Score
@DraftExpress: Shabazz Napier out in Vegas now trying to make up for his Orlando Summer league performance, where he posted the 10th worst PER of all time.

This has nothing to do with his NCAA performance , and everything to do with how out of place he looks vs nba players. I know it's probably hard for people like you who don't watch the nba to understand this. I'm not slandering his character , just would have liked to see him prove his worth as a first round pick . Not hanging out with Anthony Anderson . He has a serious uphill battle for minutes , currently sitting on third string. Any opportunity matters.

You wrote:

"maybe he has just accepted where he is in his professional career"

That is a slandering his character.

You're a low level Bonetard spewing unthinking nonsense. You haven't even the vaguest glimpse of a shadowy profile of what I am capable of understanding.

Reaction Score
The only way to be flabbergasted by bazz's performance thus far is if you legitimately expected bazz to come in and shoot 45% and average a double double. Obviously that's a ridiculous expectation so most of us aren't surprised at his growing pains.

If he stops shooting or trying to make passes that's when I'll be worried, but that won't happen because it's motherf****m Shabazz and his confidence is endless. Maybe he'll struggle but he's gonna improve himself.

Reaction Score
You wrote:

"maybe he has just accepted where he is in his professional career"

That is a slandering his character.

You're a low level Bonetard spewing unthinking nonsense. You haven't even the vaguest glimpse of a shadowy profile of what I am capable of understanding.
Not sure how whipping out bigboy insults like "bonetard" helps you out. What are you even arguing? that I shouldn't have said he is "okay with where he is in his pro career"? fine but that wasn't even my primary point. No if's ands or buts, he should have played to help fix a lot of wrongs going on in his game. As someone noted he looked like someone who was yanked out of the stands to play pg; getting another game (vs nba players, because the summer league is full of them FYI) would be more beneficial than going to a meaningless awards show. fact

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only way to be flabbergasted by bazz's performance thus far is if you legitimately expected bazz to come in and shoot 45% and average a double double. Obviously that's a ridiculous expectation so most of us aren't surprised at his growing pains.

If he stops shooting or trying to make passes that's when I'll be worried, but that won't happen because it's motherf****m Shabazz and his confidence is endless. Maybe he'll struggle but he's gonna improve himself.
I thought you were being sarcastic in the post I quoted but couldn't be certain without the emoticon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom