NBA Summer League | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
reminder that it starts tomorrow on NBA TV, games of interest for UConn players

Brooklyn Nets vs Indiana Pacers 9am(Lasan has an uphill battle for minutes with a roster loaded with wings)

Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics 11am(looking at the Heat's summer league roster is pretty ugly for Bazz while the Cs have guys who were already a part of the Cs rotation last year, albeit on a garbage team, in addition to Smart & Young)

Memphis Grizzlies vs OKC Thunder 5pm(Lamb is taking part and Neils with the Grizzlies)

Reaction Score
His shot is off, but I like how he is running the team. He will make some shots in the second half probably pick up more assists. there is a dearth of talent on that heat summer league team, not sure why they aren't giving ronald roberts some burn.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Lasan Kromah had a DNP and Bazz had a very sub-par game this morning (3-15 shooting, 2 assists with 7 turnovers).

Reaction Score
I know Bazz had a bad game today and but once again 4-4 from the charity stripe…for real when was the last time shabazz missed a FT

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
reminder that it starts tomorrow on NBA TV, games of interest for UConn players

Brooklyn Nets vs Indiana Pacers 9am(Lasan has an uphill battle for minutes with a roster loaded with wings)

Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics 11am(looking at the Heat's summer league roster is pretty ugly for Bazz while the Cs have guys who were already a part of the Cs rotation last year, albeit on a garbage team, in addition to Smart & Young)

Memphis Grizzlies vs OKC Thunder 5pm(Lamb is taking part and Neils with the Grizzlies)

I'm relying on your for updates on our guys. Let us know. Also, if you watch Smart, let me know how he looks too. Thanks man.

Reaction Score
I think we should either pin this and/or use this thread to post all updates on UConn players in the summer league. Easier for those who don't visit the Boneyard all the time to find stats for all our players.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
To be fair look at the whole box score not one plauer on either team played well

Reaction Score
Olynyk: 20 pts, 8 rebs. Smart: 10 pts, 5 rebs, 3 ssts, 5 stls

Pretty well if you ask me. Smart may have had a bad FG% but made up for it defensively. Poor outing for Bazz but it's only one game. Can't watch 'em but can only assume he tried doing too much due to subpar teammates. Won't see that in the season.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
For those of you surprised about Bazz's stats, MCW played like absolute garbage last year in the summer league. Then he won Rookie of the Year. Oh, and Josh Selby won SL mvp in 2012.

So the SL doesn't mean a whole lot.

Reaction Score
For those of you surprised about Bazz's stats, MCW played like absolute garbage last year in the summer league. Then he won Rookie of the Year. Oh, and Josh Selby won SL mvp in 2012.

So the SL doesn't mean a whole lot.

I remember going to a SL game in 2003 and coming away convinced that T.J. Ford was better than LeBron.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Dude was honestly the worst shooter i've ever seen, ever.

At least he earns points for having the hardest to pronounce last name in the history of the NBA.

Reaction Score
Bump, 3 mins left in Memphis vs. Detroit game. Niels hasn't seen the court.

Miami vs. Brooklyn at 7:00. Excited to see Bazz bounce back, and hoping to see Lasan get a couple of minutes.

Reaction Score
I actually watched a bit of the game on TV, and it was very clear that Shabazz struggled not having the offense revolve around him, which is certainly something he'll have to adjust to. One of his corner threes went in an out and a few of his other shots were just short.

Also worth mentioning that the Heat offense was a lot of standing around and not a whole lot of movement, so that definitely did not help Napier either.

Reaction Score
Bump, 3 mins left in Memphis vs. Detroit game. Niels hasn't seen the court.

Miami vs. Brooklyn at 7:00. Excited to see Bazz bounce back, and hoping to see Lasan get a couple of minutes.
Giffey will get his chance, they can't play everybody 20 minutes. I'm guessing next game he'll see nice time. same goes for kromah , HOPEFULLY. I think lamb has a monster game @ 5, he was extremely lackadaisical yesterday

Reaction Score
Giffey will get his chance, they can't play everybody 20 minutes. I'm guessing next game he'll see nice time. same goes for kromah , HOPEFULLY. I think lamb has a monster game @ 5, he was extremely lackadaisical yesterday

Thanks, forgot about Lamb. I think he had 12 last game?

Reaction Score
Just put on the Phil-OKC game and Isaiah Thomas is talking (ok, you can see where this is going) and he just said that UConn got a lucky bounce in winning the NCAA tournament. After his partner went on saying that UConn had to run a "gauntlet" to win the championship, Isaiah went on to prove why he hasn't been good at much related to basketball beyond playing.

Lamb not playing today, he has an "off day".

Reaction Score
today is my first day watching and Isiah Thomas has been laughably bad. He's questioning why Mitch McGary isn't playing after going yesterday, bruh he's coming off a back injury and only played 8 games, you're not going to rush him. The way he was comparing it to Noel sitting out because the 76ers didn't want to push him too hard made it seem like he had no idea that McGary is coming off a back injury. Then he was questioning why Lamb wasn't going at it today, he's a 3rd year player who has already been a part of the rotation, Reggie Jackson didn't play in every summer league game last year either.

Reaction Score
good start so far for Bazz, fadeaway jumper in the lane, missed layup after blowing by Teague, and then now a rebound/putback off a another player's missed jumper.

Reaction Score
good start so far for Bazz, fadeaway jumper in the lane, missed layup after blowing by Teague, and then now a rebound/putback off a another player's missed jumper.

Was just going to post, a much more typical start for Bazz so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom