NBA Summer League | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
a 3rd year/former lottery pick like Bouk is supposed to be out there dominating and separating himself
He’s honestly the best player on the team. He’s just not being aggressive. And his teammates suck at getting him the ball when he’s open. He’s 3-4 right now.

Has no shot if he can’t be the alpha on a summer league team.

Reaction Score
Just noticed that both Charles Bediako and Nathan Mensah are playing in this game. 2 guys that Sanogo shredded last season :)

nba.com says that Josh Carlton is on the Spurs roster, but haven't seen him yet

Reaction Score
Bouknight literally runs down the court only to stand in the corner doing absolutely nothing for 24 seconds, and somehow still looks gassed. Got blown by on defense twice too. Really is too bad that he seems to be in the 11th hour here. He was fun to watch when he was “on”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know these takes are really stupid 100% of the time, but I really think last year's UConn team would beat the dumpster fire that Charlotte put on the court tonight
Last years uconn team lost to St John’s.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bouk played well on offense when he asserted himself. The Hornets experimented with Nick Smith Jr at point, and he clearly doesn’t have any interest in playing that role. Hoping in future games they let Bouk handle the ball more.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bouk played well on offense when he asserted himself. The Hornets experimented with Nick Smith Jr at point, and he clearly doesn’t have any interest in playing that role. Hoping in future games they let Bouk handle the ball more.
He seemed to be able to pass it to everyone but Bouk.

Reaction Score
Colby Jones in for Sacramento about halfway through the 1st quarter

Reaction Score
Agreed, Bouk wasn't dominant but he looked very solid. Brandon Miller and Nick Smith played the most minutes and both stunk it up.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Bouk wasn't dominant but he looked very solid. Brandon Miller and Nick Smith played the most minutes and both stunk it up.
Bouk looked ok.. I was hoping for a bit more hustle & effort out of a guy fighting for his NBA career. All the offensive talent in the world but it really seems like his energy just isn't one of an NBA player.

Reaction Score
a 3rd year/former lottery pick like Bouk is supposed to be out there dominating and separating himself

Only saw highlights and every one of them had #2 standing around the 3 point line watching guys shoot and/or go to the basket. Not one of them did he even think of crashing the boards or doing anything aggressive without the ball. Sorry don’t think this one will change much.

Reaction Score
Bouk actually playing defense and hitting open shots and acting like a professional is his path to a second contract. His role in the NBA will never be as an alpha - I guess he could be a second unit gunner but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out of the league sooner than later. I think he is more immature than anything so more humbling could be good for him long term. Imagine him with Dre’s mindset and maturity level. Or realistically, the mindset of basically every other player Hurley has recruited.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i just don’t understand the Nick Smith point guard decision. He’s clearly worse at getting downhill than Bouk, but might be a better shooter. Instead they’re mostly placing Bouk in the corner as a spacer. Hope these roles get switched around.

Reaction Score
Bouk looked ok.. I was hoping for a bit more hustle & effort out of a guy fighting for his NBA career. All the offensive talent in the world but it really seems like his energy just isn't one of an NBA player.

Agree that he was listless and seemed disinterested...one has to wonder of his mental state... Why is he there if he is not giving his all to prove that he belongs playing at least as a go-to sub?

Reaction Score
I watched a little of it. Bouk standing in the corner for most of the offensive possessions while I tuned in. The Hornets run no offense. I had to change the channel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom