NBA Summer League | Page 18 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
Hawkins might be enjoying Vegas a little too much. (assumption)

A lot of rookies do with it being their first time there as millionaires.
Doubt it. Can confirm Hawkins was not one of the players waiting for an Uber to the strip club outside of team hotel 4 am in Houston

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Bouks ability with the ball has shown the last quarter. Hit a three but has been able to break down his man a few times and create looks for others
Some of his passes were uncatchable and these were to elite level players.

Reaction Score
Hawkins did a good job of getting open but missed his three pointers by thin margins. He needs to gain body strength as his is getting pick off of his man. He also floats well away from his man as many of these players seem to do. Perhaps that is what the coaches tell them but the TV result often shows a zone rather than man to man.
The only consistent shooting was from quite a few defensive breakdowns for easy lay-ups for both squads.

Charlotte made good comeback in this game but both teams are spotty. The second qtr comeback by Charlotte saw Hawkins on the floor for much of that time though this is a five-man effort or lack thereof. Hard game to watch and I don't know who won!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The only thing I hear that is a concern to me is that of his being fatigued. Not sure why except that conditioning is something that just takes commitment and working with a trainer. It's hard enough adjusting to the new life and the tougher competition but that aspect is something he has to accept face and deal with. It affects everything in game including mental aspect. I'm hopeful he'll embrace this and find some support to keep his mind and spirit tuned up and gain his confidence again. Still remembering he just finished his sophomore year in college, has another home now and he is again in a brand new world. Move a muscle and change a thought. Confident he will find his way; he is not a quitter. Sometimes seem to get down on himself. Ray Allen concept: Play hard; stay calm. Everyday. Simple but not easy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think he will benefit a lot from having a set offense that creates good looks. The iso style of summer league isn’t for him. The shots will start to fall

Plus teams will have to focus on Zion (if he ever plays), CJ and BI.. Assuming Hawk gets minutes with the first team he should have time and space (not like he needs space) to get hit shot going

Reaction Score
No idea if any of these guys are going to play now that the "pool play" is over and we're into the consolation games. But if they do play, here are the times:

Saturday
Bouk 2:30 NBATV/ESPN+
AJax 4:30 NBATV/ESPN+
Sanogo 5:00 ESPN

Sunday
Hawk 3:30 NBATV/ESPN+
Tyrese 9:30 NBATV/ESPN+

Reaction Score
Bucks were down 20 but had a 9-0 run in the last few minutes of the half, currently down 11 at halftime.

Andre having his usual game - high energy, defending, grabbing boards, couple turnovers. 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 TO, 1-2 shooting

He's looked more aggressive going to the hoop than previous games. Bucks coaching staff probably encouraging him to be more active on offense. The scoring ability is currently not there but it's encouraging that they seem to already be working on developing it

Souley Boum was actually starting for Sacramento. Played pretty well except for a head scratching 8 second violation where nobody was really pressing him

Reaction Score
Jackson and Hawkins have been turnover machines. Not exactly the Summer League performances I was hoping for them.

Reaction Score
Jackson and Hawkins have been turnover machines. Not exactly the Summer League performances I was hoping for them.
Right as I was replying talking about how Jackson struggles driving to the hoop, he got a deflection, dove on the floor for the loose ball, forced a jump ball, won it, got a backcourt steal after a teammate missed, and then Milwaukee went to the FT line to tie the game as a result. Things like that make me optimistic that the Bucks will be patient with his lack of scoring

Reaction Score
Souley Boum taking over. Hit a 3, a tough layup, and 2 FTs to go on a personal 7-0 run

Reaction Score
Adama looking solid with 9 & 7 in 13 very efficient first half minutes. Freeman-Liberty jacking shots up from everywhere. Reminding me of his Depaul days, when he never met a shot opportunity he didn’t like.

Reaction Score
Jackson tried a halfcourt bounce pass attempt. to Tacko Fall on the break lol. A minute after he fought Tacko fall for a easy rebound, knocking it out of bounds. Hes fun to watch, flying around like a drone in the living room, but i dont know how many minutes he will see. Bucks made run with him on bench

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Really hoping that Adama will just keep on keepin on and astonish all the people who ignored him in the draft based more on preconceived theories about the norm instead of finding out about his skills, character and work ethic. If you have to play against him one on one it is going to be a long evening.
Expect him to just keep improving and as he said "compete". Man of few words but they carry meaning as we have seen in the past.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Really hoping that Adama will just keep keepin on and "astonish" all the people who ignored him in the draft based more on preconceived theories about the norm instead of finding out about his skills, character and work ethic. If you have to play against him one on one it is going to be a long evening.
He plays good defense and his offense will speak for itself. 18-22 the past 3 games. He’s money off the ball at any level. Part of the reason we won 5 when Hurley started doing the same.

Ironically, I think he has the highest floor of making it in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom