OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 41 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous, no punishment whatsoever for AD hitting Crowder in the face. I'm all for going back to the 80's and 90's NBA but that's not the current league, guys get ejected/one game suspension for less all the time...

Lakers-Heat NBA Finals: Anthony Davis escapes punishment after hitting Jae Crowder in the head during Game 5
I will say this, not that I don’t think what AD did could warrant a suspension:

He has absolutely zero history as being a dirty player like this. When Draymond did what he did (since we are apparently comparing), it was strike 5.

Reaction Score
I will say this, not that I don’t think what AD did could warrant a suspension:

He has absolutely zero history as being a dirty player like this. When Draymond did what he did (since we are apparently comparing), it was strike 5.
I didn't compare him to Draymond. You hit someone in the head on purpose and you sit, this is the NBA looking the other way and choosing when and who to enforce their rules on.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I didn't compare him to Draymond. You hit someone in the head on purpose and you sit, this is the NBA looking the other way and choosing when and who to enforce their rules on.

silver learned from stern.

Reaction Score
I think it should be a flagrant 2/ejection but not a suspension, especially taking into consideration his history/lack there of.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Rays Astros was the better choice tonight...

Sheesh I didn’t even realize that was on! I watched the football game to the end which was a GREAT finish. Excited for Braves baseball tmrw, thought they both started tmrw/Tuesday.

Reaction Score
lebron changed the game by finding another top 10 player

that’s how you win championships apparently

Last edited:
Reaction Score
28, 14, and 10 on 65% shooting 2 months before turning 36. He is a mutant.

I heard someone say today that Jimmy Butler played his a___ off and had an absolutely huge game, matching Lebron, to force game 6. And then in game 6 he couldn't do it again and Lebron did what he always does and that's the difference. It is freakish to be doing what he's doing night in and night out after 17 years in the league or whatever it is.

Reaction Score
I heard someone say today that Jimmy Butler played his a___ off and had an absolutely huge game, matching Lebron, to force game 6. And then in game 6 he couldn't do it again and Lebron did what he always does and that's the difference. It is freakish to be doing what he's doing night in and night out after 17 years in the league or whatever it is.

Coach Spo said it years ago, Lebron makes greatness look so easy that we take it for granted. Butler was sensational in Game 5, but he was totally spent afterwards. Lebron has games like that through entire playoff runs.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You were expecting a climactic conclusion?

LeBron went up 3-1. It was over then. What were you getting all excited for lol

? The Heat won game 5 and haven’t gotten blown out ... so yeah, I was expecting what everyone was expecting, at minimum a decent game into the 2nd half.

I guess you knew it would be a 34 point game prior to halftime, like everyone did, right?

What a weird thing to comment on.

Reaction Score
I guess you knew it would be a 34 point game prior to halftime, like everyone did, right?
I knew the series was over when it went 3-1. Jimmy went off in Game 5 but he’s not LBJ so that’s all he had left. If you were expecting much more idk what to tell you without insulting you with something like “watch more NBA”

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I knew the series was over when it went 3-1. Jimmy went off in Game 5 but he’s not LBJ so that’s all he had left. If you were expecting much more idk what to tell you without insulting you with something like “watch more NBA”

You love this stuff don't you? Did I say I thought the Heat would win? No ... most people figured game 6 would at minimum be competitive ... I don't know what to tell you other than stop seeking out reasons to argue with people once the result you wanted took place. Congrats to the Lakers, I thought they'd win too.

I have no issues with Lebron, I've watched more basketball in my life than you and your whole family I'm sure, and I assumed the Lakers would win as well. But to pretend like you knew game 6 would be a 34 point game in the 2nd quarter after the Heat won game 5 is so insane it usually wouldn't warrant a response, but this time I felt the need. THAT'S what was anti-climactic, obviously (to anyone who can read and comprehend).

Do yourself a favor, stop looking for reasons to pick arguments with people, it's super obnoxious. You want to actually argue about legitimate basketball stuff, that's cool. You just come across like a clown with how you approach it.

P.S. your response to what you quoted me wasn't even a response to what you quoted ... sounds about right though. I asked "you knew it would be a 34 point blowout in the 2nd quarter, right?" and you responded "I knew the Lakers would win!" Congrats bro, you're a regular houdini.

Reaction Score
You love this stuff don't you?
I get that tone can be lost or mis-inferred on the internet, but not taking something personal is important.

Did I say I thought the Heat would win? No ... most people figured game 6 would at minimum be competitive ...
So this answers my question, thanks. Guess you were just wrong with your expectations.

I don't know what to tell you other than stop seeking out reasons to argue with people once the result you wanted took place. Congrats to the Lakers, I thought they'd win too.
see above; I think you’re presuming a little too much confrontational tone

I have no issues with Lebron, I've watched more basketball in my life than you and your whole family I'm sure, and I assumed the Lakers would win as well.
Congratulations

But to pretend like you knew game 6 would be a 34 point game in the 2nd quarter after the Heat won game 5 is so insane it usually wouldn't warrant a response, but this time I felt the need
No idea where this came from. Please feel free to quote me on any claim as to this; until then, this is what doesn’t warrant a response

Do yourself a favor, stop looking for reasons to pick arguments with people, it's super obnoxious. You want to actually argue about legitimate basketball stuff, that's cool. You just come across like a clown with how you approach it.
Redundant, see above. You’re clearly mad.

P.S. your response to what you quoted me wasn't even a response to what you quoted ... sounds about right though. I asked "you knew it would be a 34 point blowout in the 2nd quarter, right?" and you responded "I knew the Lakers would win!"
This is a series. I knew the series was over and Jimmy had nothing left. I was not expecting a crazy game 6. And, as above, I didn’t take this question about a 34 point lead seriously.

Congrats bro, you're a regular houdini.
I don’t think this is the context in which you sarcastically attribute the skill/legend of a magician to a prediction. Like maybe call me Nostradamus or something.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I get that tone can be lost or mis-inferred on the internet, but not taking something personal is important.

So this answers my question, thanks. Guess you were just wrong with your expectations.

see above; I think you’re presuming a little too much confrontational tone

Congratulations

No idea where this came from. Please feel free to quote me on any claim as to this; until then, this is what doesn’t warrant a response

Redundant, see above. You’re clearly mad.

This is a series. I knew the series was over and Jimmy had nothing left. I was not expecting a crazy game 6. And, as above, I didn’t take this question about a 34 point lead seriously.

I don’t think this is the context in which you sarcastically attribute the skill/legend of a magician to a prediction. Like maybe call me Nostradamus or something.

To reply to all this nonsense is ridiculous, but I'll go ahead one last time:

I said "that was anti-climactic" and that's BECAUSE it was a blowout in game 6. That's literally all I said. Something really no one could argue with unless you're seeking to be a know it all argumentative dork. You continue to claim I had the wrong expectations, being of a competitive game, which necessarily indicates that you expected this blowout that came. But I know it's tough to put 2+2 together, rationally. You lol'd your way through a snarky response to that, which wasn't directed at you, and said condescendingly "what were you expecting lol" so everything I said is a warranted response to that exchange.

Also calling you Houdini wasn't meant to be taken literally, but I wouldn't expect much further from a guy with your line of responses throughout this entire thread. He was a magician, it would be a magic trick of sorts to predict what I sarcastically claimed you were able to predict into the future, not super hard to figure out.

If you didn't intend your tone to be as full of D-baggery as it was, you should learn how to communicate better. And judging by your non-responses here that make very little sense as well as your pattern of annoying conversation, I'll assume communication isn't your strong suit.

Just stop, man. You're being obnoxious on purpose. If you annoy multiple people in one stupid basketball thread, you're probably annoying.

P.S. I never took it personal - you just annoy me when I'm trying to have lighthearted conversation about basketball and you continue to be obnoxious. That's not taking something personally, it's calling someone out for being annoying.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To reply to all this nonsense is ridiculous, but I'll go ahead one last time:

I said "that was anti-climactic" and that's BECAUSE it was a blowout in game 6. That's literally all I said. Something really no one could argue with unless you're seeking to be a know it all argumentative dork. You continue to claim I had the wrong expectations, being of a competitive game, which necessarily indicates that you expected this blowout that came. But I know it's tough to put 2+2 together, rationally. You lol'd your way through a snarky response to that, which wasn't directed at you, and said condescendingly "what were you expecting lol" so everything I said is a warranted response to that exchange.
I already understand that you thought it was going to be some crazy game. Let me help you with the logic: thinking something won’t be “climactic” doesn’t mean I believe positively that the polar opposite will happen. Maybe I thought the Lakers would just ride a 12 point lead throughout the game. But you got immediately mad and can’t process things well when you’re mad.

Also calling you Houdini wasn't meant to be taken literally, but I wouldn't expect much further from a guy with your line of responses throughout this entire thread. He was a magician, it would be a magic trick of sorts to predict what I sarcastically claimed you were able to predict into the future, not super hard to figure out.
Just be better at jokes

If you didn't intend your tone to be as full of D-baggery as it was, you should learn how to communicate better. And judging by your non-responses here that make very little sense as well as your pattern of annoying conversation, I'll assume communication isn't your strong suit.

Just stop, man. You're being obnoxious on purpose. If you annoy multiple people in one stupid basketball thread, you're probably annoying.

P.S. I never took it personal - you just annoy me when I'm trying to have lighthearted conversation about basketball and you continue to be obnoxious. That's not taking something personally, it's calling someone out for being annoying.
Then you could have taken it for the banter it was; but here you are doing the name calling and insulting. Sure seems like someone who is taking it too seriously/personally. I’ll leave you be; your blood pressure will thank me. Have a good one.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I already understand that you thought it was going to be some crazy game. Let me help you with the logic: thinking something won’t be “climactic” doesn’t mean I believe positively that the polar opposite will happen. Maybe I thought the Lakers would just ride a 12 point lead throughout the game. But you got immediately mad and can’t process things well when you’re mad.

Just be better at jokes

Then you could have taken it for the banter it was; but here you are doing the name calling and insulting. Sure seems like someone who is taking it too seriously/personally. I’ll leave you be; your blood pressure will thank me. Have a good one.

To use your phrase LOL what a great response. I haven't gotten mad yet, for the 20th time you're just an annoying poster who felt the need to comment on my post about it being anti-climactic, which it was. You thought you were proving some great point by condescendingly asking me why I thought otherwise. You're annoying.

No one cares about this, but I also assure you no one here thinks you're being cool or rational. "Ok skip."

P.S. you using classic internet tough guy gaslighting techniques are pathetic - I only started calling you anything once you kept going after me for absolutely nothing, in an incredibly annoying way.

Try debating something of substance for once if arguing for the hell of it gets your rocks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom