OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great! I can name a few guys who have more than 6 rings if that is how you determine the greatest player of all time. if you want to ignore the 10 seasons MJ played without a ring where he was a glorified James Harden go for it.
Starting to lose any credibility you may have had with this position...there is certainly a very strong case for either MJ or Lebron as the GOAT, but anyone who knows anything about basketball has MJ in their top 2

Glorified james harden? Try harder

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And there it is. The pure hate of LBJ as a person. Blinding you to the fact that LBJ is 50 pounds lighter and 6 inches shorter than Shaq but is reffed the same. You’d lose your head some nights, too.

Like the leader of a team punching his teammates in the face isn’t a DB. Like MJ wasn’t a constant DB.

Demonstrate this, if you can; don’t just say it.

no. not even close. Shaq was fouled on literally almost every possession.

Reaction Score
Does Lebron have 6 championships in his 17th season? Just answer the question.

No but good call, Lebron must not be as good as these guys.

Bill Russell
Sam Jones
John Havlicek
Tom Heinsohn
KC Jones
Tom Sanders
Robert Horry
Frank Ramsey
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bob Cousy
Michael Jordan
Jim Loscutoff
Scottie Pippen

Good metric for determining who is the GOAT.

Reaction Score
if you want to ignore the 10 seasons MJ played without a ring where he was a glorified James Harden go for it.

Lol. How about the the 10 seasons LeBron played without a ring where he was a glorified Karl Malone.

Reaction Score
Lebron quit in the 2010 ecsf and 2011 Finals and the 2018 finals, I won't use the 2018 finals loss or even the sweep against GS against him but he did quit. Would MJ ever quit, no Kobe wouldnt quit either or Tim Duncan. That will be used against him in GOAT debates, is it nitpicking of course but thats the point its a GOAT debate.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. This is the better article vs that aggregator style.

Makes the blow of Celtics losing to Heat easier to take, the banter & entire situation sounds like what happens at a UConn dorm. And Butler deserves to be in the finals as superstar, I hope KAT & Embid are taking notes.

Reaction Score
I wish Lebron had a Phil Jackson/Pat Riley level coach through his prime. Instead, he carried 4 mediocre and 1 bad coach to the Finals. Funny, this is the first Finals in which his team is the favorite since 2013, I believe. I have never seen an athlete do more with less than Lebron.

Reaction Score
Starting to lose any credibility you may have had with this position...there is certainly a very strong case for either MJ or Lebron as the GOAT, but anyone who knows anything about basketball has MJ in their top 2

Glorified james harden? Try harder

What's wrong with James Harden? He's a league MVP and scoring champion. You clearly don't watch basketball anymore.

Reaction Score
I wish Lebron had a Phil Jackson/Pat Riley level coach through his prime. Instead, he carried 4 mediocre and 1 bad coach to the Finals. Funny, this is the first Finals in which his team is the favorite since 2013, I believe. I have never seen an athlete do more with less than Lebron.
He's played with guys who combined for 17 all-star appearances while playing with him and he's played with a handful or so hall of famers.

Reaction Score
He's played with guys who combined for 17 all-star appearances while playing with him and he's played with a handful or so hall of famers.
Who is the worst coach to win a Finals over the last 20 years? Rick Carlisle?

Reaction Score
What's wrong with James Harden? He's a league MVP and scoring champion. You clearly don't watch basketball anymore.
Nothing wrong with him other than you're saying a consensus top 2 player all time who won everything is "a glorified version of him."

Just a lazy argument. Why not say MJ is a glorified version of every guard to ever play the game?

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with him other than you're saying a consensus top 2 player all time who won everything is "a glorified version of him."

Just a lazy argument. Why not say MJ is a glorified version of every guard to ever play the game?
Also, James Harden doesn't play defense.

LeBron is great. If I'm picking a player to go to war with and I can get them from 21-35 I'm picking Jordan. That's not a knock on LeBron.

Reaction Score

LeBron is great. If I'm picking a player to go to war with and I can get them from 21-35 I'm picking Jordan. That's not a knock on LeBron.

To me KAJ was the GOAT if you include college with the NBA. I would use him as my foundation when building a team over anyone else, including MJ. Tell me how a true Center can be the NBA's highest scorer ever.

With that said Michael is the greatest NBA basketball player I've ever seen, but Kareem is the greatest basketball player I've ever seen (if that makes sense).

Kareem: Greatest Basketball Player
MJ: Greatest NBA Player #1
Lebron: Greatest NBA Player #1A
Kobe: Greatest MJ Clone (yes, he's up there with them)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tell me how a true Center can be the NBA's highest scorer ever.
Because he was taller than anyone and had an unguardable shot. Tends to help.

Wow that was hard to work out

Tell me how a true center won 11 rings: because he was taller than anyone and played in an 8-team league.

Reaction Score

huh?

Reaction Score
Because he was taller than anyone and had an unguardable shot. Tends to help.

Wow that was hard to work out

Tell me how a true center won 11 rings: because he was taller than anyone and played in an 8-team league.
I really don't think it was that simple. He faced multiple 7 footers, some even more imposing. You're right about that shot though, but I'll add it was accurate as hell and interestingly never duplicated.

Reaction Score

9 of the 11 seasons Jordan played with the Bulls he was first team all defense with a defensive player of the year. 5 of Lebron's 17 seasons he was first team all defense.

The Harden thing is just a 12 year old trolling so won't get into that.

Reaction Score
Lebron's all diva and took last season off. I'd put Wilt Chamberlain as a better player than him. If I even have any clue what I am talking about. But LeBron is not the best. The whiniest and most self entitled, yes. He's going to have to battle Kanye for the self proclamation of being the "black Moses", whatever that means in their minds.

Reaction Score
imagine if reggie miller joined the knicks during the bulls era and asked dominique to join to win a title

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lebron's all diva and took last season off. I'd put Wilt Chamberlain as a better player than him. If I even have any clue what I am talking about. But LeBron is not the best. The whiniest and most self entitled, yes. He's going to have to battle Kanye for the self proclamation of being the "black Moses", whatever that means in their minds.

Thats fair but if you go by @Scoe metric Wilt is not any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom