OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyle Lowry is a 6x all star and was 78th in PER according to ESPN. Kyle is not a borderline all star, he is an all star lol.
A lot of major writers expected Jaylen to get an all star nod.
I mean if I were I writer I would just feel weird to not have Kyle Lowry at least as a All Star reserve. And at least he’s a champion.

I’ll say this: Brown is probably the Celtics’s best two-way player and that may make him seem to stand out. But forget the stats (Taytum’s PER in the 40s, Value Added and Estimated Wins Added are both top 25) even just the eye test should tell you that he is the better player. IDK what exactly those major writers were seeing.

Reaction Score
Jaylen Brown is a really good defensive player, I don't know if PER has enough defensive metrics (? ) and all defensive stats/rating aren't as good as watching games to gauge defense. That said he's not an all-star. Yet he did help render all-star Pascal Siakem less than useless. Brown has all-star potential, just needs to add consistency and a little more control to his offensive game.

I thought Grant Williams minutes were really positive last night, maybe not as much as the national announcers were gushing over him - but he plays smart good team ball, has quick feet, rotates back and forth (hedges/recovers) and uses both size & strength when needed.

It'll be interesting to see what adjustments the Heat make to the Celtics increased aggressiveness taking the ball to the basket. When Bam isn't in there I don't know that there's much that they can do as Kemba, Smart, Jaylen and Jason are almost always quicker than whoever defends them. I loved their policy of driving on anyone that Duncan Robinson was covering.

In theory the Celtics driving and corresponding adjustments by Heat will open up more 3's for the Celtics, but I'd expect the Heat to think two steps ahead of that and encourage the wrong Celtics (Theis, GWill, BWann, sometimes Smart) to take 3's. So many days between games, series likely looks a lot different come Wednesday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lakers with Lebron and Davis will sail through the Playoffs. I do not see any team left taking them to even a 7th game

Reaction Score
Lakers with Lebron and Davis will sail through the Playoffs. I do not see any team left taking them to even a 7th game

As much as I love the Celts, at this point I wouldn't bet against Lebron getting his 4th ring in a month. Celts stand a better chance. Whoever of AD/Lebron Bam isn't covering will just get throttled.

Reaction Score
expecting a strong effort from denver one of my favorite cities tonite

Reaction Score
boneyardsers
comparing bouknight to jamal

hope it’s true

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nuggets are resilient but that was probably their best chance to get a game, if only Murray was able to fling the ball up in the air after the block cuz Plumlee blew that defensive assignment big time.

Reaction Score
it’s funny, the tennis channel said that nadal is the most insecure superstar. lebron is by far...

Reaction Score
I'm begging no one to take that bait & turn this into a Skip Bayless TM LeBron hot take contest.
I honestly didn't think the Brow would come thru in his first real playoffs tests, but he is quickly becoming the guy that won a national championship. And if you desperately need to make it all about LeBron, I'd say there's no doubt that LeBron counseled and propped Davis up to get him immediately playoff ready.

Reaction Score
I was unsure as well. He got a little soft and a little complacent in New Orleans.

This is still LeBron's team though, regardless of what he says publicly or what the statistics may show. LeBron is still the guy opposing teams worry about the most. He's 1A and Davis is 1B, but Davis has been fantastic.

Reaction Score
I was unsure as well. He got a little soft and a little complacent in New Orleans.

This is still LeBron's team though, regardless of what he says publicly or what the statistics may show. LeBron is still the guy opposing teams worry about the most. He's 1A and Davis is 1B, but Davis has been fantastic.
No doubt, to wit the stupid Dookie doubles LeBron and gives AD a free catch and open look at the three before the help defender gets there. LeBron didn't even have to try and screen or move to be a good decoy.

Reaction Score
Credit to the Nuggets, I figured after losing the way they did they were done but instead they carried their 2nd half performance over to game 3. Their zone is giving the Lakers hell.

Reaction Score
Nuggets with one of the all time choke jobs if the Lakers pull this off

Reaction Score
You could see the Lakers hit the wall in their comeback where they ran outta gas. Other than a couple poor 3-4 minute stretches in the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter(aided by questionable refereeing), pretty impressive performance by Denver.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was scratching my head at Vogel's subs, and the fact that he played 10 players 8 minutes or more in a playoff game. But honestly, I don't know what I would have done differently. Vogel is trying to coax productivity out of a very weak supporting cast for a team that wants to win a title, and I think he has done an amazing coaching job this postseason.

Denver is the better team, but they don't have Lebron and they don't know how to be a champion yet.

Reaction Score
I was scratching my head at Vogel's subs, and the fact that he played 10 players 8 minutes or more in a playoff game. But honestly, I don't know what I would have done differently. Vogel is trying to coax productivity out of a very weak supporting cast for a team that wants to win a title, and I think he has done an amazing coaching job this postseason.

Denver is the better team, but they don't have Lebron and they don't know how to be a champion yet.
With the schedule of every other day, attrition on the Lakers is a big/legit concern. And after Lebron & AD there really are 8 other guys that are capable of both sucking and contributing with the odds of the latter decreasing the more minutes they play. There was one stretch last night where you could see Caruso playing himself off the floor - when tired, Caruso, Rondo, Dwight & Morris are guaranteed liabilities. The younger Nuggets have an emerging edge.

Lakers ran out of gas on their comeback so demonstrably that the number of announcer comments about guys being tired and gassed almost tied Billy Packer' single game record for beating that drum to death. They'll never touch Packer hitting the topic in 108 straight games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With the schedule of every other day, attrition on the Lakers is a big/legit concern. And after Lebron & AD there really are 8 other guys that are capable of both sucking and contributing with the odds of the latter decreasing the more minutes they play. There was one stretch last night where you could see Caruso playing himself off the floor - when tired, Caruso, Rondo, Dwight & Morris are guaranteed liabilities. The younger Nuggets have an emerging edge.

Lakers ran out of gas on their comeback so demonstrably that the number of announcer comments about guys being tired and gassed almost tied Billy Packer' single game record for beating that drum to death. They'll never touch Packer hitting the topic in 108 straight games.

While Vogel's zone worked real well in the 4th quarter, I bet he went to it at least in part because AD and Lebron were spent, and he needed to give them a break.

Rondo didn't play bad last night, but I can't argue with anything you say. Lebron could barely stand up by the end of the game. I think Vogel's only mistake was not conceding the game early in the 4th and benching AD and Lebron. I understand his decision to go for the comeback, and a win last night would have been huge. But to put everything at going for a comeback, and then not getting it, is going to carry over into the next game. It is a little surprising Vogel did that, because Vogel generally pulls Lebron every chance he has.

Every game this series goes increases Denver's chances of winning.

Reaction Score
I said it early Kemba has to be the guy for Celtics to be successful.

This is Kembas team not Tatums. Kemba and Marcus are the leaders.

Reaction Score
brad stevens gotta be smarter. he knows that brown & tatum have been there forever and are the heart and soul. but you need to let kemba go crazy and not hurt egos

Reaction Score
kemba, tatum, brown, smart- same team who lost to france in the fiba tourney right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom