OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 27 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you want to say the Heat are carving them up, that's one thing (it's not really true, but okay, Heat have shot less than 45% the last 3 games). But to say they're a bad defensive team in general is just being controversial for nobody's sake.

Celtics have been worse on offense than defense. That's why they're down 3-1. You don't commit 20 turnovers per game on defense.
Welcome to Nelson's world, where 100% of opinions are made to get people mad

Reaction Score
The zone is so collapsing, passing lane focused, and middle trapping, these ball fake, spot up 3s are the best shots available, honestly. You can get your man 4 feet off with a ball fake.

The middle with Adebayo, Butler, Crowder, and/or Iguodala helping down on you is a trap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good defensive energy from everybody, especially Smart and Theis to start the half.

Miami misses some shots, Celtics get out in transition and semi-transition. Mirror image of the 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
Ref called that travel from cross court through 3 people, despite a ref looking right at it from behind him.

Reaction Score
Man, when Tatum is on, his bag is so elite. But when he’s off it can be tough to watch sometimes.

His performance against LAC right before the all star break was awesome

Reaction Score
Man, when Tatum is on, his bag is so elite. But when he’s off it can be tough to watch sometimes.

His performance against LAC right before the all star break was awesome

He wont even hit his prime for another 4 years, too. The consistency will come. Most of the time I'm glad Brad let's him play through mistakes. Other times I want to rip my hair out

Reaction Score
Kemba's play isn't going to show in the box score but he was key to this come back. And yet he can't catch any breaks when it comes to foul calls. People just drive into him and he gets called for blocks. Then he's fouled in the act of shooting a 3, and they wave off the basket.

Reaction Score
Jaylen has done an incredible job on Duncan Robinson this half. Totally shut him down.

(He made a 3 point play on a tough overly contested midrange pull up right as I posted this).

Reaction Score
Brown + Tatum were special in the 2nd half but credit to Theis as well, he had been getting his behind handed to him all series by Bam but he outplayed him in the 2nd half.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
When the Cs play with energy and they get something from their bigs, they’re tough to beat. That’s been two of the main issues: Heat playing harder and dominating the paint (boards and protecting the rim).

No question making shots helps, but then it’s easier to get in rhythm when you’re getting good shots and getting out in transition with good D stops. It all feeds into each other.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Brown + Tatum were special in the 2nd half but credit to Theis as well, he had been getting his behind handed to him all series by Bam but he outplayed him in the 2nd half.
Turning point was Kanter

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No the turning point was Tatum looking like a superstar in the 3rd, the deficit didn't change much with Kanter in the 2nd quarter, they mostly treaded water.

Celtics were on their way to being down 15 at halftime before Kanter came in.

To be fair, Theis had his best game of the series, and probably the best game I have ever seen him have on both ends.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have had enough of the BS calls on Jokic. If Jokic was wearing a Lakers jersey and Caruso was wearing a Nuggets jersey, there is no way Jokic gets called for that charge as his third foul.

Reaction Score
I have had enough of the BS calls on Jokic. If Jokic was wearing a Lakers jersey and Caruso was wearing a Nuggets jersey, there is no way Jokic gets called for that charge as his third foul.

Yeah I hear you. NBA officiating has always been questionable. There’s the whole “player hasn’t earned that call” thing. I hate that. I love watching Lebron but he’s almost wired to complain after every shot attempt if he doesn’t hear a whistle.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah I hear you. NBA officiating has always been questionable. There’s the whole “player hasn’t earned that call” thing. I hate that. I love watching Lebron but he’s almost wired to complain after every shot attempt if he doesn’t hear a whistle.

The NBA does not want the small market Nuggets in the Finals. They are not very subtle about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom