OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 28 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember in that boycott meeting, Lebron wanted to quit, maybe he was told he would be given a title, if the playoffs resumed.

Reaction Score
nuggets were the real legit nba finals team. lebron can recruit all he wants, that’s why he will never be MJ.

Reaction Score
38-16-10. I’m not a Lakers fan but that’s a decent line to close out a series for a guy in his 17th year in the league. His sustained excellence is remarkable.

(And they have a great 1-2 punch but that supporting cast blows. Lebron’s recruiting KCP and a washed Danny Green for his super team?)

Reaction Score
38-16-10. I’m not a Lakers fan but that’s a decent line to close out a series for a guy in his 17th year in the league. His sustained excellence is remarkable.

(And they have a great 1-2 punch but that supporting cast blows. Lebron’s recruiting KCP and a washed Danny Green for his super team?)
It's just funny at this point. Not gonna try and compare him to past greats I'm too young to have seen, but anybody who can't admit he's great is just a hater

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Still think Davis should defect to Denver if Miami beat the Lakers in the Finals. If Davis and Millsap switched teams, it is a very easy 4 game sweep for the Nuggets.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who is arguing LeBron is not awesome?

I didn't like the officiating, but Denver lost because they don't have a second guard to go with Murray. Morris is ok, and Harris sucks. Almost any starting point guard would be an improvement over what Denver has now at point.

Reaction Score
Who is arguing LeBron is not awesome?

I didn't like the officiating, but Denver lost because they don't have a second guard to go with Murray. Morris is ok, and Harris sucks. Almost any starting point guard would be an improvement over what Denver has now at point.
Maybe it wasn't anyone here, I figure there's always someone here covering every hot take. But definitely have friends who are still on the LeBron is only good because he builds super teams train

Reaction Score
Lakers be like 'We got Lebron, you don't'.

Appreciate him while you can, cuz he's doing it in his 'Grandpa' years. I've been around and have never seen this longevity matched with such domination ever or in any sport.

Hope he writes a book on taking care of your body for athletes. Then his legacy will be beyond his time.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Lakers be like 'We got Lebron, you don't'.

Appreciate him while you can, cuz he's doing it in his 'Grandpa' years. I've been around and have never seen this longevity matched with such domination ever or in any sport.

Hope he writes a book on taking care of your body for athletes. Then his legacy will be beyond his time.

He spends over $1m per year on it. I’m curious what he does too.

Reaction Score
Lebron is one of the more disappointing all-time greats of all time its because he has brought politics into the game and talking about it during the playoffs is a huge turn off to a lot of fans, no matter what side of politics you are on thats just the gods honest truth. It's sad because we should be talking about his greatness and not his social media posts.

If you can look past all of that his longevity is incredible. I said he has the biggest advantage in these playoffs he had 4 months off Lakers have the 2 best players in these playoffs. The Nuggets had the better roster for the 2nd time they faced the Lakers as I believed they had the better roster in 2009 as well. They will be back with a huge year of playoff experience.

Reaction Score
Lebron is one of the more disappointing all-time greats of all time its because he has brought politics into the game and talking about it during the playoffs is a huge turn off to a lot of fans, no matter what side of politics you are on thats just the gods honest truth. It's sad because we should be talking about his greatness and not his social media posts.

If you can look past all of that his longevity is incredible. I said he has the biggest advantage in these playoffs he had 4 months off Lakers have the 2 best players in these playoffs. The Nuggets had the better roster for the 2nd time they faced the Lakers as I believed they had the better roster in 2009 as well. They will be back with a huge year of playoff experience.
This is such a bad take that it's actually funny. All these fans keep getting turned off and threaten to stop watching the NBA, yet here we are

Reaction Score

With all due respect, sir, where have you been? Politics has invaded every aspect of society. So, to think that a man who has a platform and can speak for those can't, is ridiculous. Why would he not, when so many have no voice? There are many reasons why people are speaking out right now. We all wish that sports could be exempt from politics. We all wish that circumstances in this country were different so we could just sit back and enjoy the games, but that's not the case in 2020. There might be some push-back on this post, but I felt I had to respond to the poster's comments. I can take the heat.

Reaction Score

Racial equality isn't political, nor is social justice.

Reaction Score
I am not a political person and try to open minded in general, and in total agreement with solving the racial issues in our country and totally on board with Lebron using his voice. I just think posting on social media is a front and not true activism I believe it opens pandoras box and creates more divide, thats just my opinion. A hashtag is just that a hashtag it doesn't solve anything. True activism is whats done behind the scenes and not to generate clicks and views on social media. On a message board whats said sounds worse then whats said in person I believe thats part of the problem with social media, twitter specifically.

Reaction Score
This is such a bad take that it's actually funny. All these fans keep getting turned off and threaten to stop watching the NBA, yet here we are
Are NBA ratings consistent with prior years? I've seen articles written about how they are down significant amounts year over year, which, if true, would be surprising considering I expected ratings to be blowing up given the Pandemic lay-off

Reaction Score
Are NBA ratings consistent with prior years? I've seen articles written about how they are down significant amounts year over year, which, if true, would be surprising considering I expected ratings to be blowing up given the Pandemic lay-off
It's also worth considering that streaming games is at an all time high, you can find basically any game from any sport online for free.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, sir, where have you been? Politics has invaded every aspect of society. So, to think that a man who has a platform and can speak for those can't, is ridiculous. Why would he not, when so many have no voice? There are many reasons why people are speaking out right now. We all wish that sports could be exempt from politics. We all wish that circumstances in this country were different so we could just sit back and enjoy the games, but that's not the case in 2020. There might be some push-back on this post, but I felt I had to respond to the poster's comments. I can take the heat.
I think the deeper reason people don’t like LBJ and the reason some of the most ardent MJ>LBJ arguers is because MJ just shut up and dribbled for their entertainment, while LBJ has not

Reaction Score
It's also worth considering that streaming games is at an all time high, you can find basically any game from any sport online for free.
Well we will see after a few weeks how the NFL’s numbers compare to last year to get some comparison

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

What an insane take.

Reaction Score
Well we will see after a few weeks how the NFL’s numbers compare to last year to get some comparison
For whatever reason NFL ratings are a juggernaut < honestly caring about ratings is weird. What matters more is how much money various sports make and pre-pandemic at least both hoop and football ratings were way up. To pretend that an athlete's activism will have negative impact on ratings therefore revenues is akin to wearing a baseball cap to stay dry in a monsoon.

The NFL has done a great job of literally blackballing the most outspoken players, yet that's not responsible for football ratings, revenue or anything else. Once Mahones or another superstar speaks out loudly enough the NFL will find a way to pretend to embrace it.

Reaction Score
I think each team had the same number of fouls called against. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome. Two good teams. One had the best player on the planet, the other didn't. Not very complicated.

Reaction Score
And so is nobody going to roast Kawhi for his team-building like they did LBJ? Everyone cried endlessly about LBJ doing all this skeevy stuff to trade away “the young core” for AD and nobody said a word about Kawhi, who forced the Clippers to trade like 6 picks, Galo away for Paul George. Any critics around to comment on that now?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not a political person and try to open minded in general, and in total agreement with solving the racial issues in our country and totally on board with Lebron using his voice. I just think posting on social media is a front and not true activism I believe it opens pandoras box and creates more divide, thats just my opinion. A hashtag is just that a hashtag it doesn't solve anything. True activism is whats done behind the scenes and not to generate clicks and views on social media. On a message board whats said sounds worse then whats said in person I believe thats part of the problem with social media, twitter specifically.

not that any of this has any bearing on how good he is as a player but I think there is an abundance of publicly available information that would confirm that lebron does not confine his “activism” to twitter posts and hashtags. I think the guy does quite a bit for his communities.

also: to the other guy, Bill Russell and Jim Brown and Ali come to mind.

Reaction Score
And so is nobody going to roast Kawhi for his team-building like they did LBJ? Everyone cried endlessly about LBJ doing all this skeevy stuff to trade away “the young core” for AD and nobody said a word about Kawhi, who forced the Clippers to trade like 6 picks, Galo, and Zubac away for Paul George. Any critics around to comment on that now?

yeah but playoff p says they just have to stick together.

Reaction Score
not that any of this has any bearing on how good he is as a player but I think there is an abundance of publicly available information that would confirm that lebron does not confine his “activism” to twitter posts and hashtags. I think the guy does quite a bit for his communities.
I mean all LBJ ever did was build a school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom